Author Topic: Why is everyone so negative against Warrior Cats?  (Read 26048 times)

BouncyLion101

Re: Why is everyone so negative against Warrior Cats?
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 09:21:56 pm »
Then it got worse. Everyone started making rape jokes. She said she was 'raped' by the male. And that she liked it. And everyone was laughing and making it seem like it was oh so funny. I couldn't hold my tongue after that. I felt sick, I felt humiliated to even be in a group that would make something as serious as rape as a joke. And I told them so. But they didn't seem to really realize the weight of their words and brushed it off. The apprentice said something along the lines of "Oh, I didn't make a joke about that...I mean I didn't mean to." and everyone was all "Ah, we know you didn't mean it." And it was just...awful. I left after that.

Wow..that has got to be one of the most awful things I've ever heard.
A lot of Warrior Cat roleplayers are younger, and they don't know how bad rape jokes are and why they're so bad though.
But it also saddens me that they thought it was funny in the first place. :c

Thankfully, in all the few Warrior Cat roleplays that I've joined they were never as bad as this.
Some were actually good, and I'm really happy for that. :3

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 09:48:25 pm »
My personal deal I have with warrior cats from my own experiences is really that a good amount of these players are very territory problematic and hostile towards other characters and players, and instead of keeping things well structure within the roleplay they go straight out on the players and attack them even though the rules are very clear regarding public maps, even encountered several times warrior cat leaders running up to you and yelling at the clan to block the "stupid lion", and overall encourage bad behavior and rudeness towards the users in the game, something I cannot tolerate.
Aye, I see a lot of this, and I correlate it with a certain level of 'roleplay maturity', as I sometimes explain it.
Granted, I understand the fact that in Warrior culture, the Clans are fiercely territorial, and seeing another cat come into their lands is certainly something to get your tail fluffed up over. It's just how it works with them. This said, in the setting of a storyline, in character, it's natural to see a full-grown warrior get defensive if an intruder encroaches on his Clan's turf. And so, there follows a tense situation, that sometime may turn into a fight within the story.

Of course, this is where the significance of keeping "In-Character/Real Roleplaying" and "Out Of Character" speech separated at all times. If this is ignored, there can and will be miscommunications between the roleplayers, and the fight between a couple of characters can very quickly turn into bitter feelings between users of the game.
It's this quality (or lack thereof) that makes a roleplayer 'mature' (regardless of how they roleplay, be it literate, illiterate, etc.).
--So, if this big attack Warrior is suddenly coming after some intruder, saying something like "This is my Clan's territory-- Leave or be attacked."
In the story of a warrior, this is fairly accurate. However, if the 'intruder' makes it clear that they aren't roleplaying, and are merely passing through, or are choosing to sit in that spot, then a mature roleplayer would realize this, and simply let that person go along.
After all, they can't claim territory in a public map.
But, if this Warrior continues to attack, perhaps ridiculing the 'intruder' for not succumbing to his sharp, scary claws, he's simply ignoring the fact that he's beginning to step out of the roleplay setting, and starting to just step onto somebody's tail, and especially stepping on the game rules.

It's that kind of thing, the plain lack of acceptance that they're sharing a map with others who aren't roleplaying with them (as Red explained), that encourages those who don't see that In-Character/Out Of Character boundary to simply be rude to other players whenever they're playing a Warrior.
And so, that's often where we get warrior cats suddenly going from roleplaying in-character, to yelling at other, innocent users and starting arguments over ridiculous issues.
This can happen in any species, of course, but it is the nature of warriors that sometimes gets them in trouble with this.

Then it got worse. Everyone started making rape jokes. She said she was 'raped' by the male. And that she liked it. And everyone was laughing and making it seem like it was oh so funny. I couldn't hold my tongue after that. I felt sick, I felt humiliated to even be in a group that would make something as serious as rape as a joke. And I told them so. But they didn't seem to really realize the weight of their words and brushed it off. The apprentice said something along the lines of "Oh, I didn't make a joke about that...I mean I didn't mean to." and everyone was all "Ah, we know you didn't mean it." And it was just...awful. I left after that.
Oi... That's a shame. While any character can have a dark past, or have something bad happen to them, that kind of thing (namely, speaking jokingly of something as insidious as rape in a family-based game) is simply unacceptable, and I don't blame you for leaving.
I have seen similar things in several different roleplays (not just warriors), and instances bordering along that same issue have occurred with certain (now ex-) members of my own roleplay, sometime ago.
That said, it can happen anywhere, and it should be very quickly discouraged and done away with, since you never know how close to home something that sensitive can hit, with anyone in that group, or even just passing by. It's not funny, it's not cute. It's dark, and not in any way cool to be discussed in a light manner.

*Ahem* So anyway, all of that said, I understand where you all are coming from. But, it is less directed toward warriors, as it is just issues seen in all spectrums of roleplays that run around here every day.

So the way I see it, what Red said above really did kind of sum it up; Being considerate is the name of the game, no matter what/who you are, and what/who/where you're roleplaying. If you think of others and their well-being before your own, you can't go wrong.

If you don't? Well... I think we've all seen what happens with that.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 10:17:09 pm »
My personal deal I have with warrior cats from my own experiences is really that a good amount of these players are very territory problematic and hostile towards other characters and players, and instead of keeping things well structure within the roleplay they go straight out on the players and attack them even though the rules are very clear regarding public maps, even encountered several times warrior cat leaders running up to you and yelling at the clan to block the "stupid lion", and overall encourage bad behavior and rudeness towards the users in the game, something I cannot tolerate.
Aye, I see a lot of this, and I correlate it with a certain level of 'roleplay maturity', as I sometimes explain it.
Granted, I understand the fact that in Warrior culture, the Clans are fiercely territorial, and seeing another cat come into their lands is certainly something to get your tail fluffed up over. It's just how it works with them. This said, in the setting of a storyline, in character, it's natural to see a full-grown warrior get defensive if an intruder encroaches on his Clan's turf. And so, there follows a tense situation, that sometime may turn into a fight within the story.

Of course, this is where the significance of keeping "In-Character/Real Roleplaying" and "Out Of Character" speech separated at all times. If this is ignored, there can and will be miscommunications between the roleplayers, and the fight between a couple of characters can very quickly turn into bitter feelings between users of the game.
It's this quality (or lack thereof) that makes a roleplayer 'mature' (regardless of how they roleplay, be it literate, illiterate, etc.).
--So, if this big attack Warrior is suddenly coming after some intruder, saying something like "This is my Clan's territory-- Leave or be attacked."
In the story of a warrior, this is fairly accurate. However, if the 'intruder' makes it clear that they aren't roleplaying, and are merely passing through, or are choosing to sit in that spot, then a mature roleplayer would realize this, and simply let that person go along.
After all, they can't claim territory in a public map.
But, if this Warrior continues to attack, perhaps ridiculing the 'intruder' for not succumbing to his sharp, scary claws, he's simply ignoring the fact that he's beginning to step out of the roleplay setting, and starting to just step onto somebody's tail, and especially stepping on the game rules.

It's that kind of thing, the plain lack of acceptance that they're sharing a map with others who aren't roleplaying with them (as Red explained), that encourages those who don't see that In-Character/Out Of Character boundary to simply be rude to other players whenever they're playing a Warrior.
And so, that's often where we get warrior cats suddenly going from roleplaying in-character, to yelling at other, innocent users and starting arguments over ridiculous issues.
This can happen in any species, of course, but it is the nature of warriors that sometimes gets them in trouble with this.

Ain't that the truth.
When ever I play as one of my Warrior cat characters, especially Pharaohstar, I don't "challenge" intruders the way the clan cats would in the books. I don't go up to people and say, "What are  you doing in my clans territory!? Get OUT NOW!" Pharaohstar is the kind of leader to give others a chance to explain themselves. He will confront them and ask them in a nice manner that won't make them feel threatened. He will often times say (in character), "May I help you?" or "What brings you to my clan's camp?" I have him say that because I don't want people to feel like I or my clan is being hostile toward them. Not only that, if I were to show aggression, they may get the idea that my clan is map-claiming. Some other leaders or warriors say that Pharaohstar is too soft or too trusting  ::) That's not the case. I'm being CONSIDERATE to players we have to share a map with. If someone is sitting around in our little RP space and they aren't roleplaying, I just IGNORE them. They aren't doing anything to bother us or disrupt our RP, they are just sitting there.
Besides, my clan's camp is shared with a pack of wolves. We pretty much consider them our neighbors. We don't have too many problems with them, since we both know that we have to share public maps. If we can share a space with another group, so can everyone else... because it's what the rules suggest.
Inactive

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 01:41:45 am »
Cause Warrior Cats are stupid... *acts like that guy from spongebob*

Preferrably, cause they have no literacy at all. (ALOT OF TIMES)

I tried it once, didn't really like it even though I did not read the books. I'M TOO LAZY TO WASTE MY MONEY.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 03:24:35 am »

I tried it once, didn't really like it even though I did not read the books. I'M TOO LAZY TO WASTE MY MONEY.

That's a very rude thing to say, codacc.  >:( That's one of the most immature things I've heard someone say on these forums. Just because we don't agree with someone or something, it doesn't make it stupid.
I know that there are Warrior roleplayers who take things too seriously and don't follow the rules of FH. But not all people who roleplay as Warrior cats are like that. There are some good ones who follow the rules and respect other players, you just have to find them. They're out there in this community.
I'm not saying you are wrong for not liking Warrior cats (everyone has their likes and disklikes, and that's fine) but saying that Warrior roleplayers are stupid is very disrespectful, and childish! Just because they enjoy the books, and enjoy roleplaying as characters from their favoraite books, it does NOT make them stupid! You should be ashamed of yourself for saying such things. Think before you post. You could really offend or anger people who really like the Warrior series and like roleplaying as Warrior cats, myself included.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:38:38 pm by Lady_Alizarin »
Inactive

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 08:55:21 pm »

Hm.
While you are entitled to your opinion, you have to realize that a lot of people play as warriors.

I play as a warrior sometimes, honestly... Does that mean you think I'm stupid, as well? How about everyone else that's played a warrior? (I know even of several FH staff members that have played warriors before, and also rather enjoyed the books.)

Answering my own question, playing a warrior doesn't make anyone stupid, and if you haven't even read the books, you don't even realize why it's such a hype. The fact is, the series really do have a lot of heart in them, and even if they do get somewhat dramatic, one can still appreciate the stories.

As roleplayers, taking a look at the posts above yours will explain to you, over and over again, that it's usually the loud masses of less experienced (and, regrettably, the obnoxious) cats that run around in public maps that give Warriors such a bad rep. It's these guys that blind a lot of people from the truly considerate, respectful, literate, creative and truly wonderful Warrior roleplayers that exist around ever corner, if you care to look a little bit closer.

This said, I don't think it's quite right for anyone to say such negative things about anyone who plays a warrior, and especially for someone to judge the books themselves before reading them.
Again, you are entitled to your opinion, and it's alright to post it in a discussion board, but I don't think expressing it in such an insensitive way is ever a good thing to do. It's insulting to a lot of people that you sit alongside in this game every day, and like any other debate, you should really back up your opinion with legitimate reasoning, rather than one or two bad experiences.

'Cause if everyone judged groups of roleplayers like that, no one would approve of any species roaming about. No?
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2013, 09:14:44 pm »
I'm really a fan of Warrior Cats. :/ I've read the books, so much to read. D: Besides, I think people makes to many roleplays them, which I think it's annoying. Like ever time I see one..I'll be like. "Are you serious? What's so good about Warrior Cats?" But yeah. Sorry whomever loves,loves,loves Warriors Cats, but sorry..I personally don't like them. Another reason I don't like Warriors Cats because one person makes a mistakes from the roleplays..There's chaos and also chaos between who what's to be who..Which I think is extremely ignoring. :/ Sorry..I think Warrior Cats it's annoying. Why? Well because you have to read to all the books before acting it up..But what I do like is making up your characters and roleplays. Also, I agree with Red. Many people will be rude towards others and other stuff..That's kinda stupid and annoying to experience with Cats. :/ Thirdly, is because I don't like cats..So I'm interested of reading those things..But if I'm bored! Anyways, dislike me or agree me, but this is why I really don't like Warrior Cats..It would get chaos and others sorts. Please understand me. >.<

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 01:16:27 am »

I think why most people dont like warrior cats  bacuae of how most act around flourite,
~They map claim
~They have no respect for others
~They attack all who enter that part of land
~They call anyone who disaagrees with them a Godmodder
~Some cause WAY to much drama
~and as some have stated above, they take heavy stuff and make it seem light, even when its very disterbing
I dont do this, i try my best to play fair, tho most my clan doesnt do what i do.
Personaly im starting to like lions and wolves more

._.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:18:16 am by Mossstar1992 »

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2013, 05:30:25 am »

That's a very rude thing to say, codacc.  >:( That's one of the most immature things I've heard someone say on these forums. Just because we don't agree with someone or something, it doesn't make it stupid.
I know that there are Warrior roleplayers who take things too seriously and don't follow the rules of FH. But not all people who roleplay as Warrior cats are like that. There are some good ones who follow the rules and respect other players, you just have to find them. They're out there in this community.
I'm not saying you are wrong for not liking Warrior cats (everyone has their likes and disklikes, and that's fine) but saying that Warrior roleplayers are stupid is very disrespectful, and childish! Just because they enjoy the books, and enjoy roleplaying as characters from their favoraite books, it does NOT make them stupid! You should be ashamed of yourself for saying such things. Think before you post. You could really offend or anger people who really like the Warrior series and like roleplaying as Warrior cats, myself included.

o_o... Dang, I just wanted to say something here... Really? I can't express my opinions on here? So you're gonna not let someone get it out of their body? Crap, I can't let my anger be free, amazing.

Sorry.~

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2013, 05:55:28 am »
o_o... Dang, I just wanted to say something here... Really? I can't express my opinions on here? So you're gonna not let someone get it out of their body? Crap, I can't let my anger be free, amazing.

Sorry.~

You have the right to express your opinions about something. However, you shouldn't say harsh and negative things about people like that on the FH forums. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, BUT you calling Warrior roleplayers stupid is considered flamming, and it goes against the forum rules. I participate in Warrior roleplays as well, does that mean I'm stupid? You might have some good friends on this game who like roleplaying as Warrior cats. If they do, does that make them stupid too?

Hm.
While you are entitled to your opinion, you have to realize that a lot of people play as warriors.

I play as a warrior sometimes, honestly... Does that mean you think I'm stupid, as well? How about everyone else that's played a warrior? (I know even of several FH staff members that have played warriors before, and also rather enjoyed the books.)

This said, I don't think it's quite right for anyone to say such negative things about anyone who plays a warrior, and especially for someone to judge the books themselves before reading them.
Again, you are entitled to your opinion, and it's alright to post it in a discussion board, but I don't think expressing it in such an insensitive way is ever a good thing to do. It's insulting to a lot of people that you sit alongside in this game every day, and like any other debate, you should really back up your opinion with legitimate reasoning, rather than one or two bad experiences.

'Cause if everyone judged groups of roleplayers like that, no one would approve of any species roaming about. No?

WhiteLight pretty much says it better than I do. But do you understand what we are trying to say? If you don't agree with someone or something, that's fine. You can believe what you want to believe. But flamming the roleplayers and the fans by calling them stupid isn't a polite thing to do. You shouldn't judge people for the things they like to do or read. The lesson of the day is... on the FH forums, you have to choose your words carefully. You never know who you might offend.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:57:00 am by Lady_Alizarin »
Inactive