Author Topic: Perpetual Crashing  (Read 1365 times)

Offline ThatRandomTypo

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • being active is hard :(
    • vidrosfault
    • dogmeat tamale
    • View Profile
Perpetual Crashing
« on: June 24, 2016, 07:58:08 pm »
I've got the Playonmac version for feral heart and for a while it'll be going alright, then I'll crash. Now, I go to get back on and the character will crash soon after I get back on.
On two occasions, the characters have been shoved halfway across the map.
For one, my character loaded UNDER the map and crashed (after the first crash)
Then, another character loaded at the portal to the lonely cave from the grounds and when I tried to move I'd float up (that was a fun experience :')
In other words, I just crash. A lot.
And the characters become unusable for.. a day or so? I don't really know the exact time.
I am ThatRandomTypo in game, and you can also find me on Deviant Art as VidrosFault!

i've been very inactive for a very long time :(

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Crashing
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 09:35:45 pm »
Try resetting all of your characters homes and then sending them all home through the User Panel page on the site. You may also want to make sure that your internet connection is strong. If neither work, I would suggest doing a clean re-install.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 11:14:39 pm »
If you crash in the game never go back on the same character right away.

As of when you crash, the character will remain there for a while and I believe the server still recognize it being there. If you try to log on with the same character as they're still there, you will just instantly crash, so never do that. Instead, wait a good 2 minutes or something before you actually re-connect. This will avoid you from repetitive crashing.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline ThatRandomTypo

• vidrosfault
    • dogmeat tamale
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 02:06:47 am »
If you crash in the game never go back on the same character right away.

As of when you crash, the character will remain there for a while and I believe the server still recognize it being there. If you try to log on with the same character as they're still there, you will just instantly crash, so never do that. Instead, wait a good 2 minutes or something before you actually re-connect. This will avoid you from repetitive crashing.

Alright, I'll remember that.

I'm still stuck with the issue that I'm crashing so often in the first place, causing the whole problem :')
I am ThatRandomTypo in game, and you can also find me on Deviant Art as VidrosFault!

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 02:11:37 am »
Make sure your internet is fast and strong for starters.
Also, you can possibly try changing the rendering systems, or simply changing the in-game settings ( water reflections off & distance 0 ) as well as avoiding very heavy populated places in case the lag is making you crash.
Make sure you don't have any duplicate files as well.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline ThatRandomTypo

• vidrosfault
    • dogmeat tamale
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 11:51:06 pm »
Make sure your internet is fast and strong for starters.
Also, you can possibly try changing the rendering systems, or simply changing the in-game settings ( water reflections off & distance 0 ) as well as avoiding very heavy populated places in case the lag is making you crash.
Make sure you don't have any duplicate files as well.
I mean, I can't imagine the internet causing the entire game to shut down the way it does.
I've got distance at 0 (always have) and I sort of can't avoid the heavily populated areas considering thats sort of my main hangout (the grounds)
I don't even lag before I crash, either :')
I don't know, I really just feel like I won't be able to play Feralheart on my mac, which is sort of my only option anyways. I'll have to figure something out