Poll

What do you think of cross-species RPers? (humans that rp as cats, and wolves that rp as humans and such.)

They should stick to rping their IRL species!
2 (10%)
They make me uncomfortable when I find out they're not their character's species.
7 (35%)
I'm one of 'em! (You weirdo.)
4 (20%)
Totally acceptable. (Why?! It's so wrong!)
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Your Opinion on Cross-species RPers?  (Read 5410 times)

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Your Opinion on Cross-species RPers?
« on: October 18, 2011, 09:05:06 am »
  Some people in the world seem to have a disgusting fascination with roleplaying as a species different than their IRL species. I even had to kick someone out of a roleplay I started because I discovered they were human not a cat! So I ask you guys....

Do you agree it is wrong to RP as a species different than your own?

Honestly, I don't see why it doesn't weird some of you guys out. Is it not disgusting to think that behind that lion character or wolf character is someone pretending to be something they are not? Does it not make you feel sick to think that they go around saying that they are what they are not? Why don't you guys get rid of those freakazoids? They are ruining good RP's! So, what do you guys think about these sickos?

(h >)(Please guys, understand that this is a thread made to point out just how utterly ridiculous the people who think that roleplaying as the opposite gender is creepy and wrong. Are you not pretending to be a lion or a wolf or a demon or whatever? I don't see that being your IRL species, so why should a characters gender matter that much. I hope you guys get a good laugh XD And sorry about this being in black, I didn't want to ruin it XD)

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline BoogieMan

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Boogie Woogie Wu
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Re: Your Opinion on Cross-species RPers?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 08:19:38 pm »
I am totally a 200lb demon wolf XD

Offline Hiss

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 08:58:16 pm »
... aaaand, you are a cat? We're all human. l:l  Or else we wouldn't be typing on the computer. Unless you're a cat with creepy human hands attached.
Also, RPing isn't pretending to be anything. It's writing a story and developing characters just like you would in a book, so the character isn't a reflection on yourself. Is it wrong that people write books about animals even though they're not that animal?

LanathanaWolf

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 09:27:48 pm »
... aaaand, you are a cat? We're all human. l:l  Or else we wouldn't be typing on the computer. Unless you're a cat with creepy human hands attached.
Also, RPing isn't pretending to be anything. It's writing a story and developing characters just like you would in a book, so the character isn't a reflection on yourself. Is it wrong that people write books about animals even though they're not that animal?

I think she means our species on FeralHeart.

At least, i think so...The mention of "IRL" confuses me. :/

I mean, she's talking about roleplay..but "our species IRL" makes it ever so much harder to understand. Unless our cats are secretly getting on our computers in the middle of the night, then she worded it perfectly.. o.o

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 09:51:38 pm »
YES it is WRONG. Who do they think they are, playing make believe like infants? If they aren't a cat like us, they need to go. How would they know what it is like to be feline anyhow? There is no way they'd be able to do a literate and informed roleplay like this, and it should not be allowed on FH. It should be a bannable offense to play a creature other than what you are. We need to keep order on here, this is a mature RP game, not Neopets!

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 11:48:57 pm »
... aaaand, you are a cat? We're all human. l:l  Or else we wouldn't be typing on the computer. Unless you're a cat with creepy human hands attached.

>.> did you REALLY take that post seriously?! Hightlight the part that looks like a huge black space in my post. This is a post making fun of people who have a spazz when your character in a Roleplay is a different Gender to yourself in a round about way. Apparantly people think it is creepy and weird. Which is wrong, like you said, because you are basically writing a story. Did we see J K Rowling only use female characters because she is a female? NO. It's stupid. Thus, I made this to show just how stupid it is. Oh, and it IS pretend, or ALL books would be Non fiction XDDDD

... aaaand, you are a cat? We're all human. l:l  Or else we wouldn't be typing on the computer. Unless you're a cat with creepy human hands attached.

I think she means our species on FeralHeart.

At least, i think so...The mention of "IRL" confuses me. :/

I mean, she's talking about roleplay..but "our species IRL" makes it ever so much harder to understand. Unless our cats are secretly getting on our computers in the middle of the night, then she worded it perfectly.. o.o

I meant we're all pretending to be lions and wolves on Feralheart, not humans, so why should our gender in real life have any affect on our characters.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:52:32 pm by Kyugima. »

Offline Hiss

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 11:53:23 pm »
Aaah, well that clears things up. In that case, I apologize. I thought it was a joke, probably, but eh xD might have used too strong of language, so that's my bad.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 11:59:38 pm »
That's ok XD

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 05:44:47 pm »
This only draws the line as to how pointless it is to freak out about some things. <3 I might bookmark this because of how entertaining it is to me.

All humans need to shape shift into something more acceptable. D:<

Offline f.eather

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 06:48:48 pm »
I knowz liek, come onz! Dat iz so soopid, rpin another animalz! Liek be your race geez.