Author Topic: I need help on a descision... XD  (Read 1327 times)

SynthAero

I need help on a descision... XD
« on: March 10, 2012, 04:18:26 am »
Ok, so, awkwardly I feel the need of being an admin or mod of SOMETHING. I'll always apply to be a mod or whatever on games, and they'll pick other people. I get really frustrated because I put all the time and effort into my application as possible, and it seems like they don't even read it.

I would LOVE to be an admin of an Impressive Title game, but I can't texture, mesh, code, or pay for a server. So yeah, that options most likely gone.

I could make a map pack and have admins and mods and such, but they can't literally kick and ban and stuff.

What should I do? DX

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: I need help on a descision... XD
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 04:27:53 am »
Well, the FH mod team does not have applications, and we don't promote people who just ask about it, the positions go to very trusted members of the community.

Why not try and make a roleplay with it's own forum?

SynthAero

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 04:29:27 am »
I don't mean being part of the FH team. And yeah, I've done that before, but it just doesn't feel the same as having your own IT Server and such ;-;

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 04:31:43 am »
A server takes a LOT to run. You're looking at about $300+ a month to simply pay for it, this doesn't even count the maintenance required to keep it running. There is a ton of work involved with projects like this.

SynthAero

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 04:33:27 am »
I know, thats the whole problem. I'm kinda...broke... XD So I was looking for help on what I COULD do. I don't really know what that IS, but..I just feel the need to moderate something...which is...weird...yes...

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 04:42:00 am »
Again, your best best it a forum, or maybe try making a group on DA? As long as you're active it'll be very successful!

I'm not too sure what you mean by " Feel the need to moderate something"... That isn't a good attitude for a mod....

SynthAero

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 04:44:42 am »
Most of my groups usually end up in failures that only lasted for maybe 3 days, either that or no one joins. I'm at a loss there. I don't know why, but whenever I get bored I feel like I should edit something or something that mods and such do. I guess it's not the right attitude for a mod, but.. ;-;

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 04:52:06 am »
It seems to me you misunderstand what being a mod is all about....

My personal story is, I am a mod along the way. I was this active, and interested in the forum long before I became a mod. I behaved the same way then as I do now, after becoming a mod. The major difference is that because I perchance happened to be constantly helping out in the forum, participating in events, and meeting everyone I can, I am in a position where I can put a little extra effort into other things, such as cleaning the forum by removing and locking threads and a few behind the scenes things that make FH a better place. I don't log into FH just to be a moderator, I am a user first, and I know the other mods feel the same way too.

I'm not a Mod because I feel like doing " Something that mods do".

Groups are only successful based on the effort of the leader. Groups with a strong leader who puts a lot of effort into it will succeed.

SynthAero

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 04:54:17 am »
Apparently I'm a sucky leader and mod then. Alright. );

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 04:59:05 am »
Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound harsh :(

I meant to say that this stuff takes effort, you just need to try a little harder and I believe you'll be successful! It takes a lot of time a responsibility, and failures. It's funny, I may be a mod, and a group leader on DA, but I've never been successful at running a roleplay! It really depends on your interests and the effort you put in.

Good luck :)