Author Topic: Australia needs an R rating  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Australia needs an R rating
« on: June 21, 2011, 03:52:09 am »
  So, I wonder how many people other than Australians know that Australia doesn't have an R rating for games? We don't, in case you didn't, and that previous sentence wasn't obvious enough XD

Some old higher up beleives that Australia shouldn't have an R rating because it supposedly corrupts young childrens minds. He even made some reference to some research or something. The issue with that is that the research was about like 12 and under or something? R rated games would be for 18 and over, not 12 and under.

And these games get turned into M or MA games with a little censoring. But let's be honest, what use is that, it's still the same R rated game, but with censors. And another let's be honest moment... Most parents let there kids play M or MA games, or watch M and MA movies. So what help does it do us anyway. But you don't see parents going out and buying R rated movies for their kids, or helping their kids get into R rated movies.

And not allowing R rated games into our country weakens our relation with other coiuntries. How would you feel if someone turned down a game and banned it from their country because supposedly your game corrupts minds? Wouldn't you be offended?

What are your thoughts on this? Should Australia stay the smae (Which i hope it doesn't and it shouldn't for too much longer unless some good arguements come up) or do you think the no R rating is a good thing?

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline aerotechway1

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "Just walking by!"
    • View Profile
Re: Australia needs an R rating
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 04:43:27 pm »
I was just looking up about that when they said that the new Mortal Kombat game was banned there. I mean, c'mon! It's just not fair!

Mortal Kombat BANNED in Australia

I blame the government. And besides, like the guy said, many games over there are already Rated R, or M.

"Deep in contemplation."

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 09:48:29 pm »
  Exactly, they just change the rating to M. And parents are much more relaxed with M ratings than R ratings as I said above, so they are basically selling games that would be R rated to kids, which goes against what they are supposedly trying to do. They even banned second life here! Wow would be banned too, and it's supposed to be but  they somehow got around that. Why would they be banned? Because as long as you can't control the content because it is live people over the internet it's R, because people swear, they can talk about S*x, they can say what they want.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

TealSkeletore

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 12:23:39 am »
Agreed Kyu! It's just ridiculous! I swear once our generation takes over things are going to be a lot better xD

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 12:25:22 am »
MK is banned in Australia?
I. Would. Die. D8
I mean reallllyy.... that sucks.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 04:40:57 am »
Asfasrawsdasfawedasfasfdasda *hates this so much*

And some games that do get through are horribly edited. I know L4D/L4D2 is. It has no gore in it at all, and they took out the Riot Zombies/Infected because "UR KILLING LAW ENFORCEMENT >8C" even though it's not real and is just a game FFFFF.

Yet weirdly some games are allowed like Red Dead Redemption and GTA. And both of those games have some pretty nasty stuff in them and I don't think those are edited, but I'm not sure.
I also just looked up Dead Space, and that's been released here. Also uncensored.