Author Topic: .: Behind the Mask of Unity :. [Inactive since 04/12/2012]  (Read 21112 times)

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
Re: .: Behind the Mask of Unity :. (A Professor Layton RP, ACCEPTING~!)
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 06:35:54 pm »
((Don't worry, we'll wait for you~ c:))

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 02:43:42 am »
((It's fine :>))

Artemis

The sound of her leather boots continued to clack against the stairs as she climbed, her arm resting on the banister and constantly pulling itself upward with the rest of her body. With a huff, Artemis soon found herself at the third floor, where her eyes quickly darted to and fro across the hallway in search for that old guitar of hers.

Finally, her dark eyes met with that black case, although it's body had gathered dust after being left untouched for quite a while. "There you are!" Said Artemis, a cheery tone in her voice. She approached the guitar rather hastily, and kneeled to unlatch the case. From there, she took out the guitar rather gently, as if it was a fragile infant, to further examine it.

It's red, polished body was still in good condition, as was it's fine strings and black neck. Stuffing a hand into the pocket of her beige jeans, the girl took out a small, triangular pick, and strummed the acoustic without hesitation, feeling the strings vibrate.

The sound that met her ears was most unappealing to someone like her. The guitar had let out a low pitched, off key sound, making Artemis grit her teeth in displeasure. "Yep, I need to tune this thing when I get back." She said between clenched teeth. She then slid the guitar back into it's case, latching it closed with a satisfying "Click" Before pulling the strap of the case over her shoulder and cross her back.

"Mom's probably all like, Artemis, where are you? Why didn't you come home last night?" Artemis whispered to herself in an exaggerated, low tone as she rushed back down the stairs, careful not to hit the guitar case against the wall as it swung. She hadn't gotten the chance to contact her mother ever since she had left the night before to check on Sully at the stables, something she worried she would regret. Aw well, better than getting caught in the rain.

Luke

While citizens of London busied themselves with their own doings and chores, hussling down the streets to work or merely strolling along the sidewalks, a young boy had been enjoying himself as he made his way across London. Walking to Gressenheller University wasn't necessarily far, and he had done it so many times that it really didn't seem to bother him.

Luke always felt oblidged to meet the Professor in his office at Gressenheller, especially as Layton's apprentice. Along the way, he would sometimes run into some familiar figures, and would always greet them in the kindest of ways, but he never let himself get too distracted. After all, he loved going on adventures, he loved solving mysteries with the Professor. It had become so natural for him to expect a new one almost every day.

Gripping the strap of his leather satchel, the boy continued his pace until that familiar shape of Gressenheller came into sight, to which his quickened his pace in response. However, in this excitement, it wasn't long before he bumped into a young girl who had been strolling along the streets.

Luke stepped back a little, gripping his blue hat as he regained his balance. "Oh, uhm, I'm sorry!" He exclaimed, a wincing a bit as he rubbed the back of his head.

((Luke bumped into Zecora, just not sure if he knows her or not XD))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 08:04:43 pm »
((Alright. ;v;'
I think my brain is clearer now, so I suppose I'll go ahead and post 'xD))

Zecora was about to continue her morning stroll when she felt someone bump into her, sending her stumbling back a little in her surprise. As she recovered from the impact, her eyes came upon a young boy, supposedly about her age.

"Oh-- I'm sorry, it was my fault," she blurted out hastily, trying to hide her embarrassment while she had forgotten to respond to his own. "Did I hurt you?" The girl fixed the hat that had nearly fallen off of her head, blinking in bewilderment as she glanced at him again. He looked mildly familiar to her, but yet he didn't.
Zecora tilted her head slightly, her expression changing from anxious to mild curiosity, and the ghost of a smile appeared on her face. Her mood switched surprisingly quickly, and it was maybe even a little amusing the way she went from one expression to the other like the moon's waning and waxing.

"Who are you?" she asked, clasping her hands together silently behind her back. Isn't he the mayor's son? Though it was just a guess, and it may or may not be true, she secretly felt proud for how quick she thought of that, but she pushed that to the very edge of her mind and focused on reality.

((My mouse is going dead while I'm writing this; I promise it'll be longer next time. ;w;
If it's okay with you, this could be when they both meet eachother? If not, I'll edit. c:))

ヌ - ド ル

SoulRevenge

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 08:07:59 pm »
(D> I'm terribly sorry guys, but I won't be able to join this roleplay, i planned for it to be my 'last', though on an Impressive Title Server I ended up joining another TT_TT

I'm really sorry for letting you down, D=)

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 12:27:10 am »
((Daww, it's alright, Blacki. :>))

Luke

The boy cocked his head to the side a bit at the shifting expressions on the girl's face, to which he could only pinpoint which one matched best by the tone in her voice. "Uh, no, I'm fine. It's nothing, really." Said he, tipping the brim of his sky blue cap in a gentlemanly fashion, remniscent of his mentor's own. He was about to ask what the girl was doing here, but then again, that be like asking himself what he was doing here. Any adult would wonder as to why two mere children were wandering around the city unrecognized.

Even though he was the apprentice of the esteemed Professor Layton, Luke rarely had any mention in the papers, even through the course of three years being with the Professor. At times it made him feel belittled, although Luke had come to ignore it most of the time.

His eyes lit up a bit as his attention was turned back to the girl, taken from his thoughts, and focused on the question about his own identity. Once again, the boy rested a hand on the brim of his cap again, a kind, yet seemingly prideful smile growing on his face. "Luke Triton! I'm the famous Professor Layton's apprentice; Number one!" He said with such gusto. As much as he was determined to be a true gentleman, he couldn't help but take pride in his self proclaimed title.

Just as he was about to ask about the girl's identity, Luke's attention was caught by a familiar voice up by the campus grounds. "Oi! What's a horse doing here?" It sounded strong and grumpy, which was always the tone of voice Chelmey had.

Artemis

The student had stepped out of the building to find a sight that she dreaded; there was Inspector Chelmey, standing beside her Percheron horse, grumbling as he worked to untie such a tight safety knot; obviously he didn't know how easy it was to untie one by human hands. Next to him was Constable Barton, the loyal assistant police officer. Artemis had always wondered how he could handle Chelmey's temper.

Artemis barely held back the urge to flinch as the Inspector's sharp, mean eyes rested on her, and stuffed his hands into his pockets. The raven haired girl pulled her hair back from her shoulder, eyes turning away from him as she tried to avoid him. "Ahem," Chelmey called disdainfully.

Artemis gave a sigh, gaze turning heavenward for a mere moment as she rolled her eyes, before approaching the pair in a rather annoyed fashion, her lips pursed. "Yes, Chelmey, what is it now.." She hissed.

"This is your horse ma'am?"
"Yes it is."

"Well, Artemis, if you remember clearly, it says no horses on University grounds!" Spat Chelmey, pointing his index finger. "Aw c'mon, Chelmey! I was just here to pick up my guitar! Besides, Solomon wouldn't hurt anyone!" Said Artemis, stroking the grey horse's head defensively. "That's no excuse, Miss Haddock! I know you very well, and I'm not about to bend the rules with you!" The Inspector said rather sharply.

"Well la dee da. You know, why is it that every single time we meet, there's always something about me that sets you off?!" Barked Artemis.
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 10:17:07 pm »
((Smacks back up to the top~))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 12:36:26 am »
((Aw, it's alright, Blacki. If you ever have enough free time away from the other roleplays and stuff, we're always open and accepting if you change your mind! c:
Sorry for my inactivity the last day or so, I was really busy. I went to see some old ships at the dock today.
But I'm back now~ c: My birthday is next weekend and my cousin may be sleeping over at my house for a few days, so I'm not sure if I'll have a lot of time on here, but I'll try to be on as much as I can. ^^
Also, I'm gonna play Hershel Layton for this, because I want to~ xD And he's needed for the plot, too, but mostly because I wanna play him for this. 8D))

The young girl couldn't help but smile more and even manage a little giggle under her breath at Luke's proud reply, but before she could inform him of her motives or identity, a grumpy and irritated yell caused her to wobble a bit in surprise.

Looking up near the University site, Zecora saw Inspector Chelmey and his faithful assistant, Barton, confronting a citizen and her horse. What's a horse doing here, so close to Gressenheller? she wondered, tipping her head slightly. It wasn't every day an animal of that size neared so close to where many locals studied. The girl wondered if she should walk over and ask what's wrong, but then again it might also be getting in the way of the police. Turning back to Luke, she decided she should've introduced herself by now, though it may be at an awkward time.

Again, the sight of that mysterious creature swarmed her mind. Professor Layton is probably investigating that already. It's nothing to worry about, she told herself thought-wise, freeing her mind by paying more attention to the present. It was better to ignore the problems than to worry endlessly about them, at the time, anyway.

"I--um, I should introduce myself as well," she spoke up, trying to get her attention off of the ruckus over by the campus. "My name is Zecora May, or Zecora. It's nice to meet you, the Professor's number one apprentice~" The last part was meant to be as a sly joke, as of which Zecora always was full of them. She held out her hand for a kind handshake, smiling.

((I think I got this right, if you had another plot idea I can go back and edit. ^^))

"Are you sure you didn't just misplace your purse, ma'am?" the Professor inquired, pausing to jot down a few notes.

"Of course not! I had it right beside me, and then a second later after I take my eyes from it, it's gone!" the woman insisted worriedly, placing her hands on her hips in a sort of irritated way. "I looked everywhere, and I can't find it! Someone must've stolen it!"
"Now, don't rush to conclusions, ma'am," Layton advised, tipping his hat a little. "So you haven't seen it since right after you woke up?"

"No, I haven't." The girl's voice became a little less anxious.

"Right." The Professor took a folded newspaper and handed it to the citizen. "Did you see anything like this before your purse disappeared?"

"My, I do recall seeing something similar to that, but I assumed it was a stray animal..." she remembered, pointing toward the eerie four-legged creature imprinted in the daily paper. "But I wouldn't dare come to think such a creature like that existed! Maybe someone tied a skull mask to a dog's head and then let it loose?"
"We don't know as of now. It might be, but yet again it might not be. The disappearance of the legendary Mask of Unity many years back may also be involved."

"Alright, thank you, sir. I have a lot of precious trinkets in my purse from years ago, so it's a must that it comes back to me." the woman sighed in relief, bowing and turning back toward the front doorsteps. "Be sure to keep track of your belongings," Hershel called before she vanished inside the house. He turned and headed back toward Gressenheller University, where he was a professor.
The Professor Layton himself was partially stumped on this case. First a masked being lurking around the city, now items disappearing out of nowhere... Hm. But as he always said, every puzzle has an answer.

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 01:17:36 am »
((Meh, I've been moderately busy. Savoring as much time as I can of my last few hours of Summer; School starts tomorrow.))

Luke

Luke gave a small smile, having been partially distracted by that familiar voice as he confronted a student at Gressenheller, who was stubbornly arguing with him. Turning his head away from the occurance, Luke gave a nod of his head as the girl introduced herself as Zecora May, and seemed to be trying just as hard as he was to ignore the ruckus not far from where they stood. Zecora, huh? What a funny name! He thought to himself, half smiling at the thought.
"Nice to meet you, Zecora!" He returned the handshake, that smile on his face growing brilliantly wider with enthusiasm.

"I'm going up the Gressenheller to meet the Professor, but.." He looked over his shoulder, his round eyes still focused on the grumpy old Inspector. Luke never really liked Chelmey, and maybe if he hadn't confused him for the imposter he and the Professor had encountered at St. Mystere, that thought would be different. He too was curious as to how Barton could manage being constantly chastised by Chelmey.

At first, he didn't really want to go up there and interrupt Chelmey's "Enforcing of the law" that he usually did. Then again, maybe I can try to help without the Professor... Luke could consider himself an over-achiever, or at least try to be, and perhaps he could try to solve the minor issue on his own. Besides, his mentor would always assist the police in mysteries nowadays. With a new surge of confidence, the boy stiffened his lip, and justly stepped up towards the bickering pair.

Artemis

Chelmey returned Artemis's sharp words with a gruff "Hmph," having finally untangled the safety knot that the reins of the stallion had been held them, gripping them in his hands. Artemis cocked a brow at this, before they both furrowed over her dark eyes. "Gimme those." She said crossly, snatching them the Inspector's hands. As much as he was intimidating from afar, Artemis had found ways to get through such cold looks and sneers, and put them to good use when it came to defending herself.

Chelmey's head turned to a rose red color, his nostrils flaring above his finely combed mustache. "Oi! Don't you show any of that cheek to me! You need to take a better look at the laws around here, for your own good, Miss Haddock!" Said he, waving a pointing hand up and down. The student gave another roll of her eyes, stepping closer to the large draft horse and resting a hand on his nose. "You're a tough nut to crack, aren't you?"

"Uhm, excuse me!" A young voice chirped in, interceding the argument. Both Artemis and Chelmey turned their heads, and Solomon gave a small snort as Barton's red mustache twitched. There was a young boy, about thirteen years old, clothed in a blue sweater and veridian shorts, complete with unused suspenders and a blue cap on his head. "Oi! Not you again!" Chelmey said glumly. "Where's your Professor fellow, shouldn't you be off bothering him?" He added in a rather irritated tone.

The child's lip stiffened; apparently the two knew each other. "I'm sorry, but I think I can help with this issue!"

((I should say, I always prefered Luke's UK voice over his US voice. Did you know he has two different voices? His UK voice is what is used in Eternal Diva and is exclusive to the UK versions of the Layton Series. North America has a different voice actor for him.))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 11:12:39 pm »
((I know how you feel. School starts tomorrow for me; back to sitting at the main computer doing schoolwork. >_<
Turns out my cousin is sleeping over until next Monday, so I probably won't be on from Friday night to Monday or Tuesday. Not really sure if she's gonna stay here until Tuesday, since she has school on that day o3o))

Zecora grinned as her new friend returned the handshake. She let go and dropped her arms back to her sides, tipping her head a bit as he spoke about meeting Professor Layton at Gressenheller. "Oh, really?" she echoed thoughtfully, stopping as she noticed Luke stepped toward the argument between the police and the student. She felt genuinely surprised-- even with all her energy, she couldn't ever muster the courage to step inbetween a fight, especially in public.

The girl reluctantly followed, having turned to mildly intimidated already. Obviously she prefered not to be the center of attention-- at least, for the moment, since she was almost always social --so she stayed back a little in an always-failed attempt to hide, though her bright turquoise-colored eyes shone with confusion and a thick layer of nothing but kindness and optimistic happiness.

((I didn't know that :O Though I noticed his voice seemed slightly different in the games, I didn't really pay any attention to it. I actually prefer his UK voice as well, too. c:  
I hope it's not too short, I couldn't think of anything good to post. ^^' I'll post Layton in my next post, need to think up something for him.))

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 12:05:14 am »
((Welp, thank god I got my first day over with..althought it was a bit of a drag. Junior year for me.))

Luke and Artemis

((I do this whenever I have two characters that I play as in the same spot at the same time.))

"Hey, kid, no need to get into this," Artemis gave a shrug, a bead of sweat beginning to form on her forehead. This was starting to really attract some attention. "Look, all I want you to do is stay off my tail all the time. Seriously, Chelmey," The student added, a little more politely this time. "Stay off your--You're the one breaking the law here!" The inspector snapped.

Barton twitched his mustache again, looking over towards the too children. While his own mentor and the girl were arguing, the young man gave a small sigh, and rubbed his nose. "Barton! Does Chelmey know her?" Luke asked kindly, trying to ignore the quarrel as much as the plump officer was. "Oh, yeah, this happens quite often. I've gotten used to it, but the inspector never seems to give in to her, and nor does she." Replied Barton with his usual, strange tone of voice.

Luke stepped closer to Zecora, noticing that look of confusion in her turquoise eyes. In his attempt to act more gentlemanly, he gestured to the nearby bench, giving a small whisper. "You don't have to listen to us, why don't you wait over there?" He couldn't help but think of his mentor's words; "A true gentleman never rests his troubles on a lady," and kept this in mind. Hopefully with Zecora situated, he could continue on solving this own minor situation between the grumpy inspector and the stubborn student.

"Uhm, excuse me, are you a student here?" The boy finally asked, tipping his hat to Artemis. The student turned her head, raising an index finger towards Chelmey as if asking to give her a moment. "Sure am. But I was just here to pick up my guitar, see?" Artemis gripped the strap of her guitar case, which rested across her back. She quickly adjusted her red bandana around her neck while she had thought about it. "Wow, that's neat, so are you just leaving then?" Luke continued.

"Uh yeah, I was," The girl's gaze turned back onto Chelmey, that piercing look returning in her eyes. "But then Chelmey showed up and won't stop blabbering about the 'No-horse-parking-lot policy, or whatever!" Luke's eyes widened a bit. This student was quite defensive, wasn't she? And then again, so was the inspector, and he knew that for a fact.

"Inspector, can't you leave her be just this time?" The boy finally said, a concerned look in his large eyes. "Just this time? Oh no, I've run into her too many times to give in to that one, lad. Now go on back to your Professor Lettin-Layton, I'm busy!" Chelmey snarled, resting his eyes back onto the girl.

Wait, wait, wait...What?
Artemis's dark eyes grew suddenly rather large as Chelmey's final words processed in her head. "You know the Professor?" She said a loud, her gaze falling towards the young boy with surprise.

((Yeeah, this ain't goin' very well.))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.