Author Topic: The Enemy [Inactive since 18/09/2013]  (Read 10065 times)

Offline silverMarie

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Re: The Enemy|open and accepting|
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 06:12:59 am »
Accepted. Sorry guys, I have some issues going on right now but don't hesitate to move on :3)

Visit my Deviantart!

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 03:40:58 am »
((I will rp as soon as I can. I haven't forgotten! ^w^ I just have to break from this stupid block I've got... It's been a while since I've really roleplayed in a forum, so I've got to get the old gears working again. owo))

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 06:03:34 pm »

?Lorna Robin Macrae?

With her fingers wrapped tenderly around the small styrofoam cup of coffee, Lorna felt the warmth seep into her hands. She lifted the hot, black drink to her mouth and sipped, trying not to wince at how strong it was. It was a rare occurrence to taste coffee - even considering how bad it was now - in these times; the 'new people' kept little food-supplies, since their bodies were so computerized and electronic. But here Lorna was, drinking from a little cup a liquid that was almost nonexistent nowadays.

She was in a safe-house of sorts, settled in a shabby hut somewhere in the forests slightly north of New York (I just wanted to put myself in a sort of... semi-realistic distance from everyone else. xD Gotta start somewhere, eh?). Somehow it had escaped the notice of any robot-humans - if you could even call them part-human - and it remained a small, temporary haven for survivors. Who knows how long that will last, Lorna thought darkly to herself. An older man entered and stamped his feet clear of dirt, shutting the door before the frigid wind could blow the shack apart. Lorna made no move.

"Y'alright?" the man asked. His face was scarred and wrinkled, hair peppery-gray from the years of hiding he'd had to do. Lorna, when she'd first arrived, had judged him to be about sixty or so. "Yeah, fine," she prompted. "This coffee's pretty bad." Her voice was cool, but had a tiny, jovial air just to make light of the situation. The man grunted in response and turned away to rummage in a lopsided cabinet, leaving Lorna in near-silence again. The wind moaned outside, though the hood that the young woman was wearing mostly cut off the noise. "I'll be out of here by nightfall," she said abruptly. "Anything you need me to do, mister?" Still searching the contents of the cabinet, the man shrugged without turning to her to reply. "Nah. This place is likely t' fall t' pieces any day now. I gotta get a move on too, even though lots o' other people are gonna wanna find this place. Ha, it's gonna be found by them glorified calculators that call themselves cyborgs, or whatever."

Lorna nodded, as if she hadn't heard how he was trying to be friendly, and stood up, tossing her empty cup into the heaping trash can that stood haphazardly against one wall. "I'll help you pack up, and then we can go our separate ways." Lorna went straight to work without needing an approval from the man, whose name she didn't even know. But what did that matter? They'd only known each other for a half-a-day, and they'd never see each other again after this. Best not to get attached or show pity. Together, they packed some supplies for the man, and he graciously gave Lorna a few useful things like a knife, a small box of matches, and an unlabeled can of food. She shoved them in her backpack and swung it to her shoulders, nodding to her brief host before stepping out into the biting wind. Her short stay at the safe-house had added some energy to her steps, so she made quick progress, moving swiftly south along an old, beaten-down road.

Offline silverMarie

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 08:24:24 am »

The pain in her leg was almost unbearable. How was she even still able to walk? How was she able to get away from those things? They were obviously faster than her, even if she wasn't injured. Maybe it was adrenaline, yeah that had to be it. If that is the case it obviously is wearing off because the pain is becoming more excruciating. Talia couldn't get that poor girl's face out of her mind. Pain and sadness. Talia was sure she could save her, but she was wrong. A bullet to the head was all it took. Talia still had the girl's blood splattered on her face while her own blood covered her left pant leg and hands. She had to have lost a bit of blood, she hadn't been able to check the wound thoroughly yet. The clanking of heavy feet and metal were behind her, but they were slowly fading away, they lost her. Talia ducked behind an old rusted green garbage bin, now she can check her leg. She slowly slid up her now red jeans, above the bullet hole. "Crap." she grumbled, the bullet was still in her thigh.

She wasn't no doctor but she knew leaving a bullet inside you was not a good thing to do. If she was right the bullet would have broken into shards once it entered her body, she hoped she was wrong. Bang! Bang Bang! Talia jumped up, guns were firing in the distance(Dante and his Sister), she had to get away from here. She took in a deep breath then began to make the painful journey to a nearby warehouse. She had been there a few times, only for meetups with other survivors, mainly thugs. She gave them supplies, in return they would stay away from her camp. She hoped they weren't there, not many people held up there since of the more hostile survivors were often there. She quickly pulled out her sidearm "Six bullets." she said with a heavy sigh of anger then put it back in it's holster. The warehouse wasn't far now, she could see the metal pointed roof over some of the smaller buildings. Talia wondered what she was still doing hanging around the outskirts of New York, there was nothing here for her anymore. Why didn't she just turn around and leave? She didn't know nor did she really care.

Finally, she arrived at the old warehouse. It was quite large and definitely stood out with it's old rusty metal siding, while the buildings around it were white and more fancier. Talia didn't know why they still kept it up, maybe they were planning on doing something with it in a few years time. She went to the rear of the building where the back door was, it would be easier to get in through there than the front. Why placed her hands onto the large doors then pushed with what was left of her strength. It didn't budge. "What the hell?" she asked herself, as she backed up to look at the door "Gotta get to the front." She knew the front entrance was riskier but she had to get into the warehouse, there she could rest and tend to her leg. She ignored the pain and quickly jogged up to the front, she peeked her head around the corner to make sure there weren't any patrols about. Luckily they had all passed by before she got there, she quickly ran to the door and pushed one of them open. She ran in then closed the door behind her, she didn't want one of those things to wander in.

The old building was filled with dust, trash and, rats. She had one hand on her thigh while she quietly limped to one of the old benches. This building definitely had been her a while, probably before all this robotic madness, maybe when everyone was human. The dust was quick to enter her lungs, making her break out into a coughing fit "Dammit." she hoped that no one had heard that. She slowly sat down onto the old bench, at least the bleeding had slowed a little. She bit her lip, trying to muffle her groan as she lifted her pant leg over the wound. It was bad. The bullet didn't make a clean entry. The area around the hole was bruised and cut, it look as if something had ripped into her with it's claws. Talia didn't know what to do, medicine was hard to come by unless you were lucky enough to find someone who still made some, but they weren't free. First thing she needed to do was run water over it, to at least clean up the area. There was still an old water spout in one of the rooms and it still pumped water. Talia quickly made her way over to the room, she wondered why the water was still running through this building. She walked over to the spout and began to pump the handle, after a few pushes water began to pour out into an old bucket "Thank god." She had thought that maybe it had been shut off.

She took her hands off the handle then sat on the floor next to the bucket, she didn't have enough energy to walk back with a pail full of water. She put her hands into the water then scooped some out, then dumping the water over her wound. Pain shot through her leg, making her head go back, trying to hold in a scream. She did this once more until it looked decent then washed the blood from her face and hands. What would she do now? The only person she knew who made medicine was gone "Maybe his supplies are still at the camp!" she had to get back to the camp, he had a secret stash hidden under a large rock behind his tent. There was no way one of them found it. She stood up but was quick to fall over "I guess I could rest here for a little bit." She crawled over to the wall then laid her back against it. She closed her eyes but haunting images of that girl flooded her mind "I'm sorry.." she said as a tear rolled down her cheek and she slipped in unconsciousness.

(She is in the same warehouse as Elliot, maybe Dante and his sister could possibly come by it also? Just trying to get everyone to interact with one another.)

Visit my Deviantart!

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 04:00:03 am »

Dante Reinhart

"Gah... it stings so bad." Dante complained, still clutching his wounded shoulder as he moved on with his sister. Alyssa threw him a sympathetic soft gaze, "I-I'm... I'm sorry Dante. I could have-" "Don't be. You couldn't help it. I'm more pissed at the spider than I am at you." He grinned slightly, trying to show off a false positive mood. But in reality, the wound made him twitch in unavoidable agony. Numbness had taken control of his arm hostage as it hung pathetically limp at his side. He only wished that they would find somewhere where he could tend to it properly, but the chance of that with these demons roaming the streets? Impossible... Alyssa bit her bottom lip, "Well, we need to pick those bullets out of you. If they are stuck in your arm for a prolonged amount of time, they eventually might not be removable." Her brother stared at her and sighed, "Alright... if you insist." As he spoke, he noted that Alyssa had already reached in her bag for a pair of thin tweezers.

Dante twitched and flinched from the sharp impulses of pain that overcame him as the bullets were being plucked out. His sister cupped her hand over her mouth a few loud whines of pain escape him and whispered tenderly, "Sorry," each time. "There's more than I thought," she pouted, thinking each wound was her fault, "Can you still move your arm?" "A little bit, but not much," Dante gritted his teeth as another was removed, his eyes locked on the sight of a new red river forming, running  down his arm like the many others. They all ran towards the delta, his fingertips and flowed slowly, dripping to add to the bloody lake that was starting to gather below him. Then, a chilling thought occurred to him. It caused a heavier throbbing fear that outweighed any pain he was in, "What if it stays like this? What if I have to get... you know, a fake limb? I don't want to become one of them." His paranoia took hold of his calm composure as his whole being became tense at the thought. Sadness washed over his face as he hesitantly stared down at his scarred wrist. Alyssa frowned and smacked his hand down before he could really look at it though.

"Look, you won't become some cyborg. I know you better. Your arm will recover and we will get through this, together. Remember our goal?" She ripped off an article of cloth from her clothing and dampened it with her tongue, pressing it to halt the rivers. Her other hand wandered up to lift up his chin so he would look at her warm smile and determined sapphire eyes. "Most people are out there, alone, hiding  from these monsters. But we're one of the lucky ones that know we still have one family member left. You said it yourself, we are going to protect the surviving and stop these beasts from doing any more harm. Don't let one small fight dampen your courage and strength." She hugged lightly around her brother's neck to comfort him, as it always seemed to work. Though Dante could not muster an answer to her preaching, the assurance did ease his trouble mind a tinge.

Alyssa glanced around the alley way they had stopped in and winced in disbelief, a smile cracking on her face, " I think I know where we can find some real medical supplies." The girl stood up, peering not too far in the distance. Her words aroused a skeptical glance from Dante, "What do you mean?" "Mr. Culter," she smiled with delight, pointing to the old building not too far at all, "I saw him delivering some supplies earlier again today and he went into that warehouse. I don't think anyone is there so maybe it wouldn't hurt to check out what he left." Before Dante could give his answer, Alyssa hurried off in the direction, instinctively keeping a low profile among the shadows. He sighed, holding the same cloth she had used over his arm and trailed after her.

The warehouse was almost literally across the street, so the time of travel was relatively short. Alyssa peered up at it with a curious wonder and tilted her head, "Man, they had to have raided here a long time ago. There's no traces of the bots here, but it sure is mangled." "If what you said was true, then it's a safe haven though." Dante chuckled. He went for the door handle and twisted it, though it refused to open when he tried. His sister winced a few times as he tried to forcefully open it, hearing the jingle of chains on the other side. "Damn it. It's locked," he growled in disappointment. Alyssa peered around alertly shook her head, "There's a back entrance he came in. I know its not locked." She sped off to the adjacent side of the building and Dante was surprised to hear a faint click followed by eerie squealing of a door hinge. He paced over and followed her as they tread slowly in the warehouse, gazing around with a kitten's curiosity. Even though they were safe in this warehouse for now, Dante had the impression they weren't alone as felt inclined to have his hand ready on his pistol, in case any unwanted visitors came to say hi.

((Way ahead of you :) That's kinda what I planned on happening.))

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline Kasai

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 05:18:15 pm »
? Elliot Fletcher ?

The sound of doors opening on the opposite side from where Elliot was sitting made his look up, hand on his pistol. Standing, he ducked into a crouch, weaving through the various boxes and machinery. His backpack was still hanging from his person. It carried his essentials including one spare set of clothes, food, water, a flashlight, some weapons and tools, and medical supplies. Most of it had been gained when he took it from houses that were left abandoned by their owners. By abandoned, it meant they were either killed or transformed into those cyborgs. Most of the world was in that state, so Elliot didn't have many problems finding supplies. The only problem he had was finding other survivors. People had been driven absolutely mad because of fear. This is why Elliot became immediately defensive as he spotted a shadow. Immediately, he pulled back and soon found himself crouched behind several crates stacked on top of each other, his gun pointed at the end of the aisle. A red object caught his attention and he turned his head towards only slightly, his eyes darting over as his primary focus was the potential danger around the corner. /Medical box. Beautiful,/ he thought, smiling a little to himself at his discovery. Perhaps he was trespassing, but he decided to take the box anyway. He might be the only one who knew how to apply the medications inside.

Putting the box into his bag, he quickly through it over his good shoulder again and picked up his pistol again. Poking his head out for a brief second to check who was around the corner, he spotted a young girl. Well, young to him. He then ducked his head around again and observed her, as it seemed she wasn't aware of her surroundings, her head pressed against the wall behind her as tears were rolling down her face. Pity was the first emotion that hit him, though he still remained on guard. Fear could easily bring on tears and fear could also bring a bullet to his chest. Noticing there was an aisle next to him that still hid him from her view, he went around the corner and went there, getting closer to the girl without putting himself in her sight. A little confused as she didn't stir in the slightest, he questioned if she had been killed. Walking slowly towards her, he noticed her pant leg was rolled up a little to reveal a nasty bullet wound. Looking around, he placed his pistol into its holster and crouched down beside her. Carefully and quietly, he pulled her gun from its holster and put it behind him so she wouldn't freak out when she woke up and shoot at him.

Setting down his backpack may have woke her, but he didn't mind as much since that leg looked difficult to walk with and her gun was a good distance from her. Unzipping it, he grabbed his newly gained medical kit and opened it. Taking out tweezers and a disinfecting liquid, he dipped the instrument into the liquid and moved towards her leg. If she did wake up already and protest, he would just grab the leg and continue his work of getting the bullet out. In the past, he would play Operation with his fellow soldiers when they had free time. He won almost every game and his skills from that game, surprisingly, transferred easily to getting bullets out with harming the patient too much. "Gotcha, ya lil' bugger," he muttered, taking out the bullet carefully. Placing the bullet in the lid of the medical kit, he put the disinfectant over the tweezers again. "Oh, I'm Elliot, by the way. Elliot Fletcher. What's your name," he asked, smiling over at her as if they were meeting on a casual day where robots weren't destroying life as they knew it. Continuing to grab medical supplies for her leg, he grabbed his own medical kit and opened it. He retrieved some sort of cream and prepared a needle in order to stitch the wound closed. "This cream will numb ya. Don't need you to watch the needle when that comes along, though," he said, his mind on the needle and the wound as he put the cream on the skin surrounding the wound. "That should take at least five minutes to numb completely," he said, mostly to himself, as he looked bat over to her finally. "So, where 're you from," he asked, keeping up the casual conversation until he heard the doors opened again. The doors were significantly closer now that he had moved closer to this girl. "'Scuse me," he muttered to her, dismissing her if she had asked anything in return. Standing up, he held his pistol and moved in a soldier's style closer to the door. "Hello? Don't want any trouble. Who's there," he asked, keeping his pistol in his hands just in case.  

Offline silverMarie

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2013, 09:38:26 pm »

Talia heard something, but she couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from or what it might be. Her mind was in scrambles ever since she fell asleep, that had been the first time she slept in a long time. Her mind was slowly coming back together, the sound was directly in front of her, it sounded as if something was placed onto the old floor beneath her. She tried to open her eyes but it was like she couldn't find the strength or energy to do so. She clenched her right fist in frustration, she wanted to ask who was there, but what if it was one of them? Maybe they would leave her alone if they thought she was dead. She didn't move, she began to concentrate on her breathing, making it slower. She thought it had worked until she felt a stinging pain in her leg, her eyes shot open only to see a man, possibly in his late 30's or early 40's kneeling over her leg. In his hand he held tweezers and the tweezers were holding a stained bullet.

She reached for her pistol but couldn't find it, she wasn't planning on shooting him but it would be just a precaution. Her wound throbbed but at least the bullet was out and she is getting some decent medical attention. She kept a careful eye on him, she didn't speak or move. She watched him place the bullet in the lid of a medical box then he put disinfectant on the tweezers again "Oh, I'm Elliot, by the way. Elliot Fletcher. What's your name?" Talia opened her mouth, trying to speak but her throat was so dry. She closed her mouth then swallowed some of her saliva "I'm Talia, Talia Woods." she groaned as she sat straight. Her muscles ached but the pain in her head had gone away. "Thanks." She yawned "For helping me out." She attempted to smile but she was still extremely tired. She could only imagine how pathetic she looked, hunched against a wall in an old warehouse with a bullet in her leg. Now he dug around in the medical box again and pulled out a tube of some sort of cream, before Talia could ask, her question was already answered "This cream will numb ya. Don't need you to watch the needle when that comes along, though." Talia nodded then looked up at the ceiling, it looked like it could fall in at any moment.

Talia could feel the stinging sensations slowly fade away "That should take at least five minutes to numb completely," Talia nodded then sighed. What had she gotten herself into? She should just leave after this, there was nothing for her here or in New York. The only thing in New York was one of the main control centers for these things the other one which was much larger was in D.C.  Maybe she could go to D.C and end this, maybe what was left of the human race would come out of hiding. Talia was so deep in thought she almost didn't hear Elliot's question "Oh. I'm from Michigan. It's a total hell hole now." she looked down at her lap then sighed "I'm pretty sure there are no humans there anymore." She looked back up at him "Are there any humans left anywhere?" She often wondered if she was the only one left but she would always get her hopes up when she saw another human.

Suddenly she heard the familiar sounds of old doors creaking open "Hear that?" She pulled herself into a crouching position behind him "Where the hell is my gun?" she growled to herself as she glanced around. On the bench a few yards away sat her pistol "Dammit.." she muttered, it must have came loose when she got up and fell out. There was no way no one could have seen it, it was shinning bright under the sunlight that was peeking through a hole in the roof. She slapped her forehead then cursed at herself. "What do we do?" she asked him as she tried to peek around the corner. "Hello? Don't want any trouble. Who's there?" Talia thought that was a bad idea, what if it were one of the thugs? Looking for their supplies or one of those things. Talia's heart raced as she could only imagine what could happen.

Visit my Deviantart!

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2013, 09:46:21 pm »
Sorry for not roleplaying, but sadly, I am going to drop out.. 3: Sorry))

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 01:48:01 am »

?Lorna Robin Macrae?

Listening intently to her surroundings and moving as softly as her booted feet would carry her, Lorna made her way gradually south. Why was she in this region? Well, that was a whole different story. She'd booked her own flight among the chaos that reigned when people began to turn fully. The plane had landed in a rather remote airport in northern New York state, where Lorna hefted her bag and set off. Nobody asked questions; they'd been too busy scurrying around trying to organize things or gather their children closer, or too worried about where they were going next. Lorna was given all the attention of a shadow, so incognito did she travel on foot. One or two people glanced at her, but she was just another lone trip-taker to them.

Now, the young woman could see the peaks of tall buildings rising among the trees ahead. It had become considerably warmer now, and Lorna had her sweat-shirt unzipped and her hood down. The wind buffeted her dark curls of hair, but she brushed it aside quickly and kept moving. The road seemed like it had been given a purpose: make straight for New York City. Convenient for me, she thought to herself. The street was devoid of any life other than the trees and greenery that scraped up against the pavement. The only sign other than the cement that any humans had been here was the scattering of old, battered cars that got more and more numerous as she reached the city-outskirts. Although her steps were not exceedingly fast, she noticed how soon the buildings seemed to loom up above her. Here was where she'd really have to watch out.

The robots didn't patrol the parts of the city that were useless to them, but Lorna was aware that now and again a group would move through, armed to the teeth and just itching - if robots could itch - to destroy human nuisances. It wouldn't do much good to be caught somewhere without a gun; all she had were knives and a single old pipe she'd picked up just today from near a crashed car. It would come in handy, and maybe she could even upgrade it with a knife strapped to the bent top. Despite the danger of being nearly weaponless, Lorna stood discreetly under the thick foliage of an ancient-looking tree just where the first city-road started. She leaned on the trunk and pulled out a bit of dried fruit she'd brought along in her pack. "Better stealth my way through here," she murmured to herself as she chewed the dry bits. Once the small handful she'd chosen was gone, she knelt down and swung her pack swiftly and quietly off of her shoulders. She reached in a hand and sifted through the neat contents for one of her knives.

Half-smiling in a grim triumph, she slid a long, glimmering knife out from the depths of her pack. One edge was serrated, while the other was a perfect edge. The hilt was black, and it had been bound somewhere in the past with a black material not unlike electrical tape. Lorna had never taken it off, since it served as a good grip. In fact, the thought had never even crossed her mind. It was such a tiny little detail that was not needed to be looked over. With this knife at the ready in her right hand, she lifted the dark pack to her shoulders again and checked the area. Nothing moved save for the wind blowing a piece of old, yellowed paper across the street. Nodding as if to reassure herself, she nearly sprinted across the road until she was under cover of the nearest building's shadow. "I'll make for that warehouse over there," she muttered under her breath. Her dark blue eyes focused on the prize location briefly before she looked around and stepped softly through the shadows again. It would be better to get there as quickly as she could, even though the place was obviously attractive to anyone from outside the city. It was bound to have some treasure - maybe even canned food or something! - hidden within. Hoping for the best, Lorna headed for it.

She would have liked to have a little more darkness to shield her, but this would have to do. The sun had settled just a little lower in the sky; Lorna judged it to be about five in the evening. At this thought, she slowed her movements. She'd have plenty of time to make a concealed path for the building if she was careful. This calm intention was cut short when she heard a metallic noise suddenly burst upon the silent city. She winced and flattened herself against the wall, startled. How had the cyborgs managed to stay so quiet here was a mystery to her. As they got closer, their footsteps grew apparent and she could hear them calling to each other, as if they were searching for something, or someone. Giving a sigh that was close to a hiss, she judged their position.

The robots were on one of the main streets to her right. They would no doubt turn the corner at any second, and she'd been seen if they happened to glance over. To her left and across three or four blocks was the warehouse. "Just my luck." She'd have to move as fast as she could but still say quiet. Cursing inwardly, she bolted off towards the warehouse, careful not to stumble over anything. After getting past two blocks, she heard one of the robots shout to its companions. A bullet whistled past her head and Lorna dodged behind a twisting tree, panting heavily. "Dammit, stupid things. Why now?" With a small grimace, she kicked off from the ground and hurried towards her destination again, which earned her a hail of gunfire. With the adrenaline pumping, she couldn't feel the path one bullet tore through the edge on her left side. Blood was already gushing from it the instant it struck, but the bullet had only skimmed her. The only reason the wound was so bad was that the metal object must've had something in it that released upon contact. Glancing over her shoulder, she noted that her pursuers were not too far behind. With the knowledge that they wouldn't be able to smell her path or anything, she dashed down an alley that lined up with the east side of the warehouse. She leaped over a pile of stinking debris that some wild animal had probably created and then made a sharp turn towards the big building. She stumbled against a door, trying futilely to open it.

Her breath was fast and hard, but she looked around, ready to spend more of her precious energy. There. A pile of broken-down crates lay tumbled down against a smashed-out window. Clambering over them to the sound of the robots' clanging footsteps passing down the alley she'd just left, Lorna heaved herself into a small side-room. She lay shaking on the floor as her hunters went out of range. Sitting up, Lorna finally felt the effects of her wound. Her eyes traveled to her side, and her right hand clamped down on the wound right when she saw the nasty thing. The chemical or whatever that the bullet had released made her skin around the initial slice burn in pain. The wound bled a steady stream of dark blood that glistened in the half light of the tiny room she was in. Inhaling through her teeth in agony, Lorna forced herself to her feet and examined the room. It had long since been looted, but the tall metal shelves remained intact, surrounding the room entirely. The door in the corner was old and would probably make a lot of noise if she opened it, so she decided to rest now. "Better tend this thing if I don't want to become infected...."

Releasing her wound momentarily, she drew her backpack off of her shoulders and dug around quickly for some bandages. She'd thought ahead at the old man's shack a few days back and taken a roll of cloth and some disinfecting alcohol. Dampening one portion of the bandages with the liquid, she stripped her sweatshirt off and then lifted her now-torn shirt underneath. Closing her eyes at the severity of it, she patched the wound as best as she could. Face it, it could be worse. Stop being such a wimp and just cover it already. Lorna, steeled now, tightened the bandage around her midsection and lowered her shirt again, leaving her sweatshirt on the floor. Sighing tiredly, she leaned back against the wall and closed her eyes coolly, deciding to take a quick nap until she felt better.

Offline Saylor156

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2013, 01:48:32 am »
Whoa, did not mean for it to be that long. o-o Sorry everyone. ^^" ))