Author Topic: Life is Tough [Inactive since 18/09/2013]  (Read 5702 times)

Offline silverMarie

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Re: Life is Tough|You may Post!|
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 11:35:32 pm »

Nika Yakovlev
Nika walked around the house, telling many of her friends good morning, some of them were still sleeping. Some of the younger ones were getting ready to set out and go get some easy money, it seemed adults showed pity on 'homeless' children. The adults didn't get so much sympathy from them. "Be careful out there." she said to the group "Aren't we always careful?" Billy said with a  grin, he was right. They were always the most careful and always kept an eye on each other. She watched them walk towards town before going upstairs to put on some fresh clothes. She went into her room and walked over to an old dresser. She dug around until she found a tight dark grey tank top and snug jean shorts. She removed her night clothes and out on her outfit, she spun around when she heard the door creak "The hell?" she thought she closed it but she must have forgotten.

She threw on her black combat boots then left her room and quickly went down the stairs. She almost jumped when she heard a squeal come from the back porch then watched as Declan stormed in. She watched him walk by then walked outside only to see his sister, Annie, hugging her knees to her chest against the railing. "Annie? What happened?" She knew it had to do something with her brother "And don't you dare lie to me." she commanded as she waited for her answer. Nika got a small look at her face where a red mark was set on her cheek "Did he hit you?" Nika wouldn't have any of that in her home. She herself had been a victim to slaps from men and she was highly against it. Nika stood up then stormed into the house, her eyes scanning for Declan. When she spotted him she walked over to him "Touch another woman in this house again and I will cut your hands off. Understand me?" She meant it too, she wasn't afraid to spill his blood. She glared at him for a few more moments before backing away. She looked away then went to the front porch to watch cars go by.

Visit my Deviantart!

Offline Venatorn

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • God is my #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 01:19:01 am »

Annie Clark

Annie's tears left a dry streak down her right cheek by the time Nika walked around the house and found her. Nika's words made Annie tremble. The 19 year-old remained silent and nodded her head when Nika asked if Declan had hit her.  Annie hated snitching on her brother, she hated snitching on anybody even though a few years ago she was all for it just to see people hurt. But, Declan? After all he's done for her? Some think it's idiotic for Annie to try and stick up for him, but, she owes it to him...After what she did. After Nika disappeared behind the door, Annie wiped her face once more before picking herself off the ground and rushing back inside. Annie ran up the stairs into her room and grabbed her Ipod and ear-buds; from which she stole from a 10 year old, her note book, and a pen. As she turned around to head back outside Declan was leaning against the door blocking her way point. Annie's head dropped. "Please, just let me go." Her voice was faint. Few muted moments passed and Declan shifted out of her way, and Annie made her way out the door.

As Annie sped walked into the woods to her favorite place, the house disappeared. Not long before she reached a large blossom tree with bright pink petals in an open field surrounded by flowers. The wind blew through the brunettes hair as she sat down leaning against the tree. She pulled out her purple note book and her blue sparkly pen. Now, I know what you are thinking, and no. This isn't a diary, this is Annie's song/poetry book. Annie started to write down lyrics to a song she has been writing for weeks now as they came to her;

"I tear you down
I make you bleed eternally
Can't help myself
From hurting you and it's hurting me
I don't have wings so flying with me won't be easy
Cause I'm not an angel, I'm not an angel

I hate being that wall
That you hit when you feel like you gave it all
I keep taking the blame
When we both know that I'll never change

I wasn't always this way
I used to be the one with the halo
But that disappeared when I had my first taste and fell from grace
It left me in this place
Now I'm starting to think maybe you like it."

About an hour had past since she left the house and ventured off into these woods, and the sun was getting high in the sky. She didn't care though, it wasn't like people missed her company anyway. She figured everyone hated her, except for Mark, he didn't hate anyone other than his parents. When Annie closed her note book, a picture of her and Alice, Declan's ex girlfriend was taped on the back of the last sheet of paper. Annie studied it for a few minutes...Alice was the only person Annie could turn to and was understanding. She was a true friend, and her secret love. Well, not so secret anymore.

As a tear rolled down her face when she remembered the time she had spent with her, Annie turned up her music and rested her head back, as closed her eyes. She wish she could just stay her forever.

((The lyrics don't belong to me. They're from the song "I'm not an angle" By: Halestorm! <3 ))

"No dream is ever too big, and no dreamer is ever too small."

Offline WolfBrother

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 01:43:35 am »

Declan Clark

Declan's eyes stalked Annie as she vanished out the side door of the old house. Before getting off the couch to chase after her, he gave Alice a flirtatious look. When Declan walked outside he saw Annie sitting on the steps of the porch, "Say anything about last night, and you'll regret it. You piece of scum!" He spat before joining her on the steps. After a moments hesitation Declan laid his hand on Annie's upper thigh, hearing her squeal for him to leave her alone only made him stay put. It wasn't until after she jumped up and slapped him across the face that he grew resentful. Declan jumped to his feet immediately after the slap and Annie tried to back off, but he knew she wasn't going anywhere. Declan grabbed a hold of Annie's arm in the same spot he did the night before, raised his hand, and slapped her harder than ever before. The redness started to show precisely after the slap. "Stop your crying! You know this is what you deserve, b****" He growled before turning away and making his depart.

When he made his way back inside he shifted passed Nika. Only a few minutes had passed until Nika approached him and threatened to cut his hands off. "What? We were only playing, and things got a little out of hand." Declan argued. At this point all eyes were on him, Mark, who was standing on the other side of the room caught Declan's eye and gave him a horrific look. He didn't flinch though, he wasn't scared of these people, and most don't even know the story behind him and his sister. He doesn't even think they knew the true her.   

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 04:53:20 am »

Audrey Cascini

Time seemed to had flown by when Audrey finally felt relaxed enough to come back inside the house.  As she stood up, she took her ear buds out, only to freeze at a high pitched squeal and the muffled sounds of banging. Her gaze traced up to the upper porch, though she could not see a thing from her position. I just arrived and there's a fight already? she questioned in her mind wondering if it was normal for it to happen. It was one of the things she feared most with living with a group of strangers. Audrey listened closely, not able to make out much of the conversation, but she knew it wasn't pleasant, especially when she heard a familiar voice storm in authoritatively. No doubt it was Nika, the girl who owned this place that she had only heard about recently here, and see for a short time last night with no words exchanged. Audrey shook her head a bit to snap out of her wandering thoughts and curiosity and decided to pick herself up and enter the house again. After all, the situation up there was of no concern to her.

Many of the elder inhabitants were gone, probably off making there share in wealth for the day, she figured.  She decided she would go back and do the same soon enough and silently walked the halls, not wanting to disturb anyone else  if they were still sleeping. Her delicate fingers lightly grasped the door handle and she slipped in the rome, seeing she was alone. The belongings she left were untouched, greatly surprising her and she went to her corner, rummaging through her bag for a quick change of wardrobe and to get as cleaned up as she could. She pulled out a small pocket mirror and lightly grazed her fingers over the gashes in her cheek sighing low to herself. Audrey pulled out a small kit she used to cover up the wounds and applied disinfectant and a light gel over the spot so the cuts were doused with healing medication. Her fingers quickly pinched up a brush and she dabbed over her cheek to apply a cover up to disguise the cuts. When she was done with that part, the spot looked almost natural. Audrey smiled a bit at the results and finished  by adoring the skin over her cheek and some down her neck and side of her forehead with small fake gems on the same side as her scars neatly. They would always seem to draw attention away from the scars quite nicely. When she was ready, the girl grabbed a small shoulder purse from her bag of things and headed out of the room and outside the front porch.

Audrey opened the front door and to her surprise, met Nika not too far away, looking quiet lax as she watched cars pass by. Out of habit, her hands clasped in an embrace behind her back and her chin dipped a bit downward. She luckily had caught her on what seemed a fairly ok mood and decided now would be a good time to make a bit of small talk. "Hello Miss Yakovlev.  I presume you rested well and are having an ok morning?" her voice was a bit shaking with a nervousness, but she tried to keep her voice pleasant. After a bit, she continued, observing what she was doing, "Watching cars go by? Not something I would normally do, but I suppose I could see the joy out of doing it." She smiles a tinge more listening, her voice not so shaky as it was before as she watches at few vehicles pass by. She peers back at Nika and nods her head a bit, "I suppose I must be going like the others. I'll try not to be gone that long." With a simple goodbye, Audrey turns back and leaves the house. Her destination was the heart of the city.

((O.o That's strange, I was listening to that song when I was reading your reply Vena. xDD <3 that song!))

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline silverMarie

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 05:41:01 am »

Nika Yakovlev
Nika looked over to Audrey "Yeah, just need to cool down." she sighed as she brushed her fingers through her auburn hair "Men piss me off." she said as she looked at the road "They always think they can overpower women." She looked up when Audrey said she wouldn't be gone long "Okay, watch yourself out there." she said with a wave. Nika sat up, maybe she should take Declan out into the city and talk to him about what he did. She stood up then brushed the dirt from her shorts then walked inside "Declan?" she called as she peered around, when she spotted him she waved him over "You and I are going into the city to have a talk." She didn't wait for a response, she just walked outside then made her way down the road. If he were smart he would follow, if he wasn't..Well they could always dig a grave.
The shortness T.T)

Visit my Deviantart!

Offline WolfBrother

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 10:47:22 pm »

Declan Clark

It had to only of been 30 minutes since everything happened between Annie and him, also since Nika confronted him. He stood in the same position as he once was, although Alexis, was under his arm. Him, Alexis, and a few of the boys were all in a group and having a small drink when he heard his name being called from a short distance. His eyes glanced around the room until he noticed Nika waving him over. "Excuse me." He politely excused himself before walking over to Nika. He stopped right in front of her to where he could feel her breath on his chest. When she mentioned about going into the city to 'have a talk' Declan rolled his eyes. Usually when girls say 'to talk' what they really mean is 'I talk, you listen'

"Lead the way." Declan sarcastically barked as Nika turned around and walked out the door. The 21 year old followed the Russian down the street a few paces behind her. He was never a fan of walking beside people, it was weird to him.  

((Writers block ! :( ... it took like 2 hours just to write this... ))

Offline Venatorn

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • God is my #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 12:41:44 am »

Annie Clark

Getting lost in the world of music, Annie accidentally dozed off for 45 minutes. Then sun was beating down on Annie's cheeks as sweat ran down her forehead. The sun was shinning high in the sky, and the wind gave that nice breeze. The 19 year old took a deep breath before unplugging her ear-buds and slowly raising herself off the dirt. As she was wiping the dirt off her pants Annie's head jolted up as the sound of a twig snapping came from behind her. 'Who would be out here?' She thought, "Who's there?" Her voice was raspy. Silence. "Come out, I know you're there." Annie started to walk towards a few bushes and gave a silent yelp when a rabbit hopped out at her feet. "Jesus Christ!" Annie covered her mouth as her heart started to race. After her little spaz attack Annie started to wonder why she always said 'Jesus Christ' it wasn't like she believed in him, but some reason it just always slips out. After thinking about this for a few hard minutes Annie shook her head before gathering her things and heading off towards the house.

When the house came into view she noticed Mark, standing on the porch where Declan and her and their outing a few hours before. "What's crack-a-lacking and booty-smackin?" Mark joked as Annie walked up the steps, standing beside him. "Same as always...And you?" She smiled. "So, what was all the commotion about earlier? Nika came in and got all up in Declan's face about touching another woman..." Mark's eyes were full f concern. Hearing Declan's name made Annie tremble inside, though she was used to it. "Where are they now?" She asked, dodging is question on what had happened. "Umm, I saw them leave awhile ago. Like 10 minutes." "Where were they heading?" "Not sure... So, um..You want to go catch a movie, or something." Mark's voice became shaky as if he were nervous. "Hmmm, is this you asking me out on a date?" Annie joked, "Although, how much I'd love to. I kinda have plans..." Annie gently touched Mark's forearm before she departed for upstairs and changed into some party clothes. Eventually heading out into the city, keeping her eye out for anything that would seem amusing to the 19 year old.  

((Really? That's awesome, I love Halestorm and all their songs!))

"No dream is ever too big, and no dreamer is ever too small."

Offline silverMarie

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 01:13:31 am »

Nika Yakovlev
Detroit. A lovely city if you were in the right part of it. "I don't care what your sister did, that gives you know right to strike her." she said as they walked through a bad part of town, she sighed when she walked by her parent's house, well she believed they still lived there. "When you hit a woman you are not a man, you are a coward." She turned to face him "Understand?" she looked forward again and kept walking. She dug around in her butt pocket until she grabbed a few dollars "Here," she said as she handed the money to him "go buy her something. Your sister, not one of your girlfriends." Nika knew Declan was a flirt, as long as none of the girls complained she didn't care. She pointed to an alley "I'll wait there." she walked into the alley then leaned against the wall.

While she waited she noticed a man staring at her "What the hell are you staring at?" she spat. The man looked a little older than her, but he looked very dirty and lokoed like he was on some kind of drug. He walked over to her, making her stand straight "What do you want?" she asked. He pulled out a gun then aimed it at her "Give me all your money! Now!" he said quietly, so not to attract attention. Nika looked at the gun, she wasn't afraid, this has happened to her before "Okay, just calm down." she said calmly before grabbing her wallet "Here." she said calmly, then she 'dropped' it "Oh, sorry." He bent down, pointing the gun away from her "Amateur." she smirked as she ran over and kicked him in the face, when she kicked him he fired the gun, sending a bullet into the wall. She bent over and grabbed her wallet before walking away. She walked out onto the street where a crowd had formed, she pushed her way through the cluster then waited on the steps for Declan.

Visit my Deviantart!

Offline WolfBrother

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 02:26:06 am »

Declan Clark

As Nika and Declan walked through the bad part of the city, when Nika started to speak Declan rolled his eyes, he didn't need a lecture, especially not by someone who hasn't even known him for a few months. "A coward!?" Declan began to grow furious at this judgment, though, he did his best to calm down. When they came to a stop Declan's eyes followed Nika's hand and he raised his eyebrows. When Nika pulled out money from her pocket Declan became confused, "Girlfriends?" Declan smirked before nodding at where to meet her once she was done.

Declan walked by most stores, looking into the window to see what they had on display. "What the hell does she even like?" He began to ask himself. Even before him and Annie's big spill out years ago, they were never close. He also though of her as a drama queen. Then he saw it, an elegant bracelet with a sapphire jewel that dangled below it. When he bent down to look at the price tag he whistled. If he would have stayed with his parents and not fake his death and follow in Annie's foot steps. He could buy this with pocket money. But, that's the past now. Declan checked his surrounding and saw there was a a large group of people forming a few block away. Perfect. When the coast was clear, Declan raised his leg and broke the glass, grabbing the bracelet and sprinting to the crowd of people.  As he got closer he spotted Nika in the distance and eased his pace. As he reached her he mouthed "Lets go." Before getting a response, Declan started to head in a small alley away from the crowd with the bracelet in his pocket.  

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 04:46:56 am »

Audrey Cascini

Audrey toured the streets rather slowly, glancing side to side at her surroundings. The wind blew a teasing gale that flipped her curled bangs in front of her face and readjusted them into place out of her face. She blended in quite easily with the heard of people flooding the sidewalks. Her target was a collector's shop she had seen down the main street not too long ago. It would be easy to snag something of value and make a profit some such a small store. She had done it probably hundreds of times, so much that it has became a little hobby of hers that was merely a game. Audrey had reached the street two roads away when something sparked her attention. "No honey, we don't give money to THEIR kind, " a stern motherly voice came from ahead as a middle aged woman seized a little girl's hand and took her away from the alley her daughter had been pulled out of. She rolled the corner and tilted her head a  bit innocently to the side seeing a man in his late thirties in ragged clothing and grime stained dark skin.

"Bah, who needs 'em prissy stuck ups 'nyhow? White women like that just gunna spend it on the same thin' behind her hubby's back." Audrey watched the man scowl and finish what was left in the bottle he was holding before pitching it into the dumpster next to him and glaring at her the same way, "Wha'ya lookin' at?! You got that s'prised and happy mug like when a dog gets an treat from it's good for nothing owna. Well I ain't no treat for you lady so might as well keep struttin 'long" Audrey crosses her arms, still trying to decipher a bit of his thick accent and shakes her head, "You don't know that. I make friends with all sort of friends. An old geezer like you would be surprised to how much I'm not a perfect doll like people think I am." The man stares up at her, "A white woman trouble maker eh? S'pose it's a good cover up. Though i've neva seen one without a stick shoved up there-" "Can you stop with the white woman thing?" Audrey rolled her eyes, "What do you need the money for anyhow?" "See 'ere?" He pointed a grubby finger towards a pub across the way, "That 'ere has the best ale you'd eva tasted girly. All I was askin' for was a small donation to get me some. Not too hard eh?"

The girl smiled, "Really? I bet I could get my hands on some for you." He perked up, "Nah. Couldn't trouble a lass like you to." "Well, alright then. Here, you can go yourself then." She reached in her purse and pulled out a twenty, "I have to go now anyways." His eyes sparkled looking at the bill and stared at it, thinking it was a bluff at first. He blinked a few times to reassure himself and winced up gratefully, "Oh, thanks girly. Maybe next time eh? But why did you charity me so easily?" Audrey nodded and smiled a bit genuinely, "Yea... I would like that. And because, you're one of the only people probably all in Detroit that I've seen that won't lie for personal gain. I admire that, especially around here. Not even I can be so truthful." The girl stood up and smirked a bit, "By the way, my name is Audrey, not girly." She chuckles a bit lightly before leaving his side slowly to continue walking. Her smile only grew as she heard the stranger yell gratefully to the sky behind her.

It was nearly noon by the time she reached the same street as her target was at. She fixed her hair once she saw the store sign in sight and clasped her palms together lightly as she opened the glass door to the small pawn shop. The sole store keeper watched her come in and spouted the generic greeting he most likely said to everyone, "Welcome to Jerry's Pawn Shop. Looking for anything in particular today?" Audrey smiled politely and shrugged her shoulders, "How about you show me around a bit. I'm sure I'll find something I like." The man nods a bit, "Sure thing," he sets the bills down he was sorting in his register back in and right when he's about to close it, he hears a loud crash and flinches ducking, "What was that?" Audrey winced and look out the window to sure enough, see a figure running down the street from the broken window. "It was across the street. Looks like another burglar struck that jeweler's shop across they way." The shop owner frowns, "Stay here. I'm going to go get a better look and try to help stop him." She watches the man rush out with the crowd and smirks lightly murmuring, "So many people always want to be the hero." The girl looks back at the register seeing it was clumsily still open and mischievously but calmly slithered over to it, picking out a good amount of bills she thought would go unnoticed and slide them into her pocket, closing the register drawer. She goes over to the jewelry section and picks up anything that looks like interest to her, stashing it away in her purse.

Before she could leave, something else caught her eye by the window. It was a small silver pocket watch with a detailed engraving of a dragon on the ground. Audrey's eyes sparked with interest as she picked it up and flipped it around, seeing the back had a center to look like a snake eye. She brought it closer to her about to stash it away and jumped a bit hearing a voice behind her, "Found that old thing huh?" She blinked and blushed nervously seeing the shop owner behind her as he laughed, "Didn't mean to scare ya." She looked down and smiled, "It's alright. How much for this anyways?" She followed the trail the man pointed to and stared at the price tag in disbelief, "O-oh. Fifty? Don't you think you could lower the price for a bit?" He shrugged, "Forty-five? I can't go much lower lass I'm sorry." Audrey tilted her head and nodded, "Well alright... I'll take it." She left the store with the watch, still observing in its beauty and sighed, "Well, there goes all of my money. Only think I have five dollars left..."

((True story of me and shiny things. Sorry its kinda long x.x))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:49:46 am by Arkanis Void »

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!