Author Topic: Normal People RP [Discovery] [Inactive since 15/11/2012]  (Read 17439 times)

Offline Kamaete

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Wings would be good if I weren't afraid of heights
    • View Profile
    • Kama-ItaeteXIII @ DeviantART
Re: Normal People RP [Discovery]
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 05:41:29 am »
Name: Darryl "Dare" Minnifeild  
Hobby(s): Reading, writing, attempting to paint/draw, creating/studying languages and history.
Pets: A faithful Leonburger dog named Mushroom and a fussy  Russian Blue cat name Burgandy.
Type of house: A small house with a little, sheltered back yard not far from the town/city he rents with money he gets from somewhere. /mystery
Ethnicity: Caucasian with Native American roots.
Single/Taken?: Single
Why are they unique?: He has an extreme desire to learn more than what the school system offers--most notably ancient history and languages.  He dropped out of high school to do his own education thing, not caring (or having a back up plan) that it has damaged his chances of getting into a good college/job.

Physical Appearance: He is of intermediate height--can't really tell if he's taller or shorter than you depending on his moods (he seems really small when he's depressed/resigned/sulking/etc and really tall when he's excited/angry/serious/etc due to how he holds his body)--and an average build with just enough chubbiness to keep him warm at night and still look good he wears black, rectangle framed glasses.  His eyes are a soft hazel that shift with his mood or what he's wearing like most hazel eyes do.  He keeps his hair in a style that might look sophisticated and smart if he'd bother to do more than rake his fingers through it.  He has a fanning of freckles on his check bones and the bridge of his nose.

He prefers clothes that are darker and more subdued in color with small splashes of brightness.  He is also overly fond of older styled clothes and formal clothes made casual.  He often carries around a satchel with much of his personal supplies in it.  He doesn't own a cell phone (yet).

Personality: He has a mild personality that is streaked with moments of unselfish giving dappled with shallow narcissus.  That is, he'll be mellow and calm with and not necessarily friendly or hostile upon first meeting but he has as much capability to be generous or ruthless as anyone.  He is a writer, and he has a sharp mind that tends to analyze things before he speaks.  He likes taking the back seat to watch things pan out but isn't comfortable under other's direct orders.  He doesn't talk about himself much, as there really isn't anything to talk about (other than his pets and his hobby which he can rant about but other people don't find nearly as interesting) and he'd much rather listen to other's stories to gather fodder for his novels.

[Can I join?]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 02:32:32 pm by Kamaete »
...In my pants.

Offline XxKalixX

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • The Monkeys Are Coming!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 01:31:50 pm »
"Why, yes, I think we do!" She walked over to a shelf labeled 'Cooking'. "There are cooking ones here, aaaand I think the English books are over on the shelf labeled 'Languages'." She smiled sweetly. "If there's anything else I can help you with, just shout, 'kay?" She added.
I haz interwebz and laptop! Feel free to have another Nyan-Cat! :3

Moonbird

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 08:24:10 pm »
[Why yes, Kamaete/Darryl, you can join.]

Offline Kamaete

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Wings would be good if I weren't afraid of heights
    • View Profile
    • Kama-ItaeteXIII @ DeviantART
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 08:59:42 pm »
[Thank you! c:]

Darryl ran his hands through his hair, raking it into submission, before leaving the bathroom, entering the hallway and reaching the den where he picked up his satchel, ready to leave for his "job" at the Library.  He was just opening the door when Mushroom, his faithful dog, nosed his hand.

"What do you want, boy?  I need to leave."  Still, Mushroom gently nosed at him.  The dog's light brown fur was slightly fuzzy and it took a moment before Darryl realized he'd forgotten his glasses, and he knew exactly where they would be.  After rubbing Mushroom's head and muttering a soft good boy he closed the door and went back into the den.  The object he was looking for was a cat, with a soft gray-blue pelt snoozing on his small couch. 

"Burgandy, move."  So, Burgandy might seem like an odd name to give to a Russian Blue, but he liked it, and besides, Burgandy was the one who suggested it. Not that he can talk, thought Darryl as he shoved the lazy cat off his spot on the couch.  It was true, Darryl was looking through an atlas he'd brought from the library when he'd barely gotten the cat.  Burgandy took it upon himself to leap up onto the book and lay down, his nose barely touching the town of Burgandy, France.  Darryl took it as a sign and started calling the cat that. 

When Burgandy finally relented and rolled over, he grabbed his glasses (Burgandy seemed to love sleeping on them, but Darryl could never figure out why), shoved them onto his face and resumed leaving his apartment. 

Halfway to the library, he spotted a cute book shop he'd never noticed before.  He paused on the sidewalk and looked at his watch, deciding he'd have time to browse the books and get to the library on time (barely).  Decision made, he made determined steps to the book shop and entered it's door.

Sorry, if my post is too long. >.> I'll try to shorten them if it bothers anybody.
...In my pants.

Offline Ryoko

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • ?As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2011, 09:27:29 pm »
"Yup I'm coming!" She smiles and follows Bree over to the door and heads outside and waits for her, excited to see her horse.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 10:05:52 pm »
(I don't mind the long posts Kamaete :p)

Bree came through the door after the girl, closing it behind her. Gesturing for her to follow, she went behind the cafe and began walking down a trail. The trail led down to a park, so it was used often, and they would come across some people every now and then.
"This trail leads right by to where I live," she told the girl as they walked.
(To skip the boring walk x3) After awhile, they began leaving the crowds of people and came to a more isolated spot, and up ahead was Bree's farm house. It was fairly large, two stories, with brown painted wood and a darker brown roof. Nearby it was a large red barn, and acres of land all around it with a fence that kept unwanted company away. Bree pointed to her home.
"That's where I live. I stay with my Aunt Lyn, but she's usually out by this time," she then pointed over the the fields. "And if you look over there you'll see Prince grazing somewhere out there. He's our only horse at the moment."
Bree continued to lead the girl up to her home, when suddenly a german sheperd came running out from behind the farm house porch steps. His tongue hung out as he ran, tail wagging, and he came right up to Bree, standing on his two back legs and raising his forpaws up. He lowered back down to the ground, looking up at Bree.
"Hey Vance!" Bree said happily, bending down and rubbing the dog's ears and head. "Were you a good boy while I was gone?
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline Ryoko

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 12:06:26 am »
Miranda smiles as she looks out into the pasture seeing the beautiful horse out grazing. "What do you mean for now?" She was curious. She looks down at the german shepard "He's soooo cute." She smiles petting him.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 12:18:24 am »
"Yep, he's a sweet boy, aren't you Vance?" Bree rubbed him some more, then stood up straight again. Vance was wagging his tail madly, giving a lick to Miranda. "We may get another horse or two," Bree answered her question. "Come on, I'll introduce you to Prince."
Walked to the side of the house, she opened the gate and went through. Walking across she went to the fence Prince was at, and climbing up the bars, she placed two fingers to her lips and gave a long, shrill whistle. The brown stallion lifted its gaze up, ears perking. He bounded across the grass, coming to Bree. When he was close enough he slowed to a trot, and stopped by the fence, sticking his long nose out to her.
"Hey Prince," Bree smiled, rubbing the nose. "How ya been? Ready for a ride?"
Vance had followed Bree, and was sitting by her side.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:20:14 am by Raven »
The Hobbit

Offline Ryoko

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 01:23:19 am »
"He's beautiful." She smiles reaching out and petting his nose, "He's so soft.. Heart is sooo much smaller then him It's reasonable though, she's just a filly." She was smiling  forgeting about what happened before she went to the coffee shop.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 01:29:48 am »
(I'm going to give the others the chance to catch up and reply haha x3)
The Hobbit