Author Topic: Anima [Inactive since 29/10/2012]  (Read 46100 times)

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
Anima [Inactive since 29/10/2012]
« on: March 25, 2011, 04:13:20 am »
Just so everyone is clear, this is "anima", not "anime", though this is an anime series. x3

What's anima you may ask? For those who don't know, anima are people who can turn parts of their bodies into that of animals. As I've mentioned before, there's a comic series of anima, but this doesn't involve that except for the being able to form into animals part, so I won't explain it.

Anyway, don't get the wrong idea, you cannot actually turn into an animal, only parts of your body can. Perhaps your hand turns into an arm and claw of a bear, or the buttom half of your body turns into that of a fish tail (like a mermaid or merman), or you have wings of a bird or bat growing out of your back (these are what the four main characters can do in the series).

How people become anima:

No one is born into being an anima. How someone is able to turn a part of their body into an animal is when their life is threatened or they feel threatened, or some kind of tragic happens in their life. Also, what they turn into depends on what animal was near the person.
To explain this more clearly, I'll give an example. If a boy was drowning and desperately wants to live, a fish nearby would sense that desperation, and its spirit merges with that of the boy. The boys legs then turn into a fish tail, and is able to breathe, and so lives.

Not all people stay as an anima forever, though some may be one for life. The spirit of your animal will leave once you no longer need it. Only you will know if you no longer need it.

Setting: Mostly late medival. No cars or huge cities, there are kindgoms and small towns and villages.

Story: I haven't really come up with a story. Really, those with animas real purpose is finding a place in the world. Most people chase away anima because they become frightened and scared. Thats why most anima travel, some chosing to travel for the rest of their lives. That's all we will be doing for now, and our characters will come across  each others paths. I'm hoping a story will form on its own :p

(Rules and joining form in next post)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:22:09 am by Scallywag »
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Anima
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 04:40:52 am »
~Rules~

1. Posts must be at least more than three sentences, no less. This is a literate rp. You don't have to be the best, but please be as descriptive as you can and no quick typed posts. This sometimes confuses the other rpers and we may have no clue what you just did or where you are.

2. The usual, follow forum rules, be polite, ect. Remember that this is an rp and everything said in here isn't real. No conflict between rp buddies! :D

3. Your anima character CANNOT turn into an animal! Please keep this in mind. Only a part of their body can. It also doesn't have to be one body part, it could be like a claws of a cat with cat ears and whiskers and a nose, that type of stuff.

4. This is a fantasy type of rp, but there are no dragons, unicorns, ect. Just normal animals, so sorry but no dragon wings or a horn of a unicorn x3.

5. Keep it Pg-13 please

6. Romance is allowed, but again, keep it Pg-13. Remember, younger kids may be reading! Also, don't be abnoxios. No one likes someone begging for a Girlfriend or Boyfriend.

7. Please be active! I can't exagerate this enough! You don't have to be on all day, and I understand if your busy with real life issues like homework and such, but don't join if you think you won't be staying for long to rp with us. Don't make a reply and then respond three days or a week later. If your going away somewhere or will be absent sometime, please let us know and you'll be excused, or if you were already away and were unable to get on the computer (like if you were grounded) please tell us when you get back and you'll be allowed to jump back in.

8. No godmoding, Mary Sueing, that kind of stuff.

9. Fights between other characters are allowed, though make sure you give the person the chance to respond. No saying the other persons actions and reactions.

10. No COPYCATTING! There's nothing I hate more in the world than copycats. This includes both making your character simular to the characters in the comic series of Anima or the rpers. Even making your character simular to another person's character outside of the rp is unacceptable. You may use a character you have used in a different rp, but they must BELONG TO YOU. Your character has to be unique and creative, not a copycat.

11. In the comics, two of the main characters had the ability to 'sense' other Anima. Though this is probably considered neat and cool, I rather not have rpers characters be able to do this. Its to predictable and will make the rp more interesting, for then the characters may express their feelings toward each other before knowing that the other person(s) is/are anima. Wither they trust them or not, who they think they are, ect. Also this gives rpers a chance to show how they reveal themselves as their true anima selves.

(I shall add more rules later and as needed, so please check every now and then. I may update you with my replies to the rp so you won't have to keep going back and forth.)

~Joining form~

Name:
Their anima(What animal it is and what parts of the body turns into it):
How they got their anima (You can keep it a secret if you like but we have to find out some time :P):
Physical description:
Personality:
Other(add in your anima's mark as well):

Click the link to find out what anima marks are:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs16/f/2007/163/2/b/_Anima_marks_by_anime_4ever.jpg

They can be on your character's leg, back, side, shoulder, ect. Its almost like having a tatoo haha. The mark just has to resemble the animal of your character, and be near the spot where they transform. So like if your arm transform into a body of your animal, then it would be somewhere near there. If more than one part of your body transforms, then the mark is usually on the back.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:49:11 am by Raven »
The Hobbit

Offline Kamaete

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • Wings would be good if I weren't afraid of heights
    • View Profile
    • Kama-ItaeteXIII @ DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 05:09:59 am »
Edit 2: Img URL has it's own code box.
EDIT: Modified post to be application. >.> Hope that's okay.  ALSO!  The picture is just reference, for markings, colors and his hood.  He's mostly human.  I'll draw something up eventually. >.>
Yes!  I loved the first three volumes of +Anime I read. C:
>.> I was going to RP as Kama (a very old OC, but he's special.)  So, enter Ryker.  Also.  Do we need the tattoo/anima marking?  Just in case I'm putting that in there, too.)

Name: Ryker "Ry"
Their anima: King Cobra: Hypodermic fangs + tongue, reptilian eyes and legs twist into that of a snake's body... a la naga-form + hair mats into a "hood" that all cobras have.
How he got his anima: Thanks Raven.  The desert heat had him half-dead.  The sun broiled in the day and the moon froze at night, there was no water or food that he could find and he was getting feverish.  Half-dead, his anima emerged and he was able to survive in the harsh environment.
Physical description:
Darkest is his hair and marking colors, medium is his skin tone/base scales.  His eyes are hazely-yellow.
Personality:  He's an ambusher, not a charger.  He values his privacy, his personal space, and quiet.  However, he'll hold onto his temper for a long time before getting annoyed.  He has a habit of nonverbal communication seeing as he's most never around other people.  He warms up easily though, and slips into his trickster's self.  He enjoys playing games with other people, testing reactions and otherwise pulling strings.  He loves being the puppet master.  He probably enjoys this because he doesn't understand himself very well.
Other: Anima marking is a slightly jagged swirl going down his spine and stopping at his tail bone.

Code if you need/want it:

Code: [Select]
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikip
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 07:25:46 am by Kamaete »
...In my pants.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 05:19:07 am »
It is :P I'll post my character soon but right now I'm suffering the dreadful curse of writers block D:
The Hobbit

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 12:07:06 pm »
Alright, adding in. And I was thinking about if I should put in the marks or not, but yeah I'll just do that haha.

Also, if you could tell me how I can copy the pic and add it to the forum, I would really appreciate it x_x I was trying to copy and paste but that didn't work.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:11:39 pm by Raven »
The Hobbit

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 12:13:03 pm »
*Is hyperventilating* OMG *faints*

ANIMA!!!! I love the manga! I haven't read it in a while (I have to read off the internet due to living where I actually can't buy the series) But I just have to join this... Have to think of a character.... I'll post character information here when I have thought of something really good.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 12:20:26 pm »
xD Yay for anima fans! I adore the series and love reading them, one of my absolute faves. So little wonder why I started this rp haha x3 I'm still coming up with my own, and I think I have it but I'm having trouble coming up with the right animal and back story >. >

And boo for not having the series where your at >(

(Edited: I'm not going to add the characters under joining forms, takes to much space xD And when someone is scrolling through the rp, they'll see the characters anyway. No use showing them twice x3 I'll add my char there but that's it haha.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:43:50 pm by Raven »
The Hobbit

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 01:11:41 pm »

Name: Hinda, last name unknown
Their anima: The Fallow Deer. This is as seen above. Lower half of her body changes, making her seem a bit like a deer centaur (I think I remember seeing a character in +Anima like this)
How they got their anima: Secret until I figure it out like Kamaete.
Physical description: Hinda has short fuzzy black hair, and cold grey eyes. She is small for her age, her skin a natural light tanned brown color.
Personality:  I'm not so great with the personality part, it might be for the best if Ileave this blank, but I am willing to fill it in if you feel it neccessary.
Other: Anima Mark - It is on her butt, where no one can see it (unless they peep, the creeps!)

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 06:47:43 pm »
(xD) Alright, accepted ^^ Brilliant deer idea though, can't believe I didn't thing of that.
The Hobbit

Maryritai

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 10:10:52 pm »
(I Love Senri, He is Hot!. I want a Unique Animal, But If I have to, I'll resort to something like a Kitsune, Neko or Okami Girl.)