Author Topic: Wolfspeak  (Read 8095 times)

Offline TheOneAndOnlyy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Winter has Come
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfspeak
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 05:40:55 am »
Everybody has their own unique and beautiful way of roleplaying and nobody is better than anybody else.
^
YES <3 And that's what I value most in our community, that we are so different & can appreciate and respect those differances. Well said :3

Exactly. Sadly, some people do not respect differences. Everyone is amazing and it hurts to know that some people don't see it. Things like literacy and grammar, while do show what a person could be like, isn't the most important thing in a roleplay. It's the people - not their understanding of anatomy.
Exactly! Nery well said guys. Actually, maybe that disrecpect towards me and other players made me hate the wolfspeak. Iam really sorry for those who aren't accepted to their dream group just becouse of some literacy or wolf speak missing in their word library...
Yes, I agree fully. As I said before, I don't hold grudges against anyone who uses Wolfspeak, even those who do have that disrespectful attitude towards people who don't use it, or vise versa. But I do find it rather sad that some people don't understand that everyone is different and unique, and most of all, that you can't judge a book by it's cover. I've seen many people both in the real world and social media treat others unfairly and disrespectfully due to how they talk, or how they look, and in this case, how they Roleplay. The person inside is the only thing that should matter in the end, and if Roleplaying is meant for entertainment, or a place to escape from problems in the real world, we shouldn't make it miserable on another no matter how they communicate. :D

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2016, 08:48:07 pm »
Personally, I dislike wolfspeak, though I respect everyone's different ways of role play and I'm not going to discriminate against it. I myself used to use wolfspeak, well, tried. I remember during one of my first wolfspeak-ish role plays I had copied a bunch of words from a really complicated list of wolfpseak words and confused myself during my own posts lmao.

in-game: hooli

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 12:18:31 am »
I myself used to use wolfspeak, well, tried. I remember during one of my first wolfspeak-ish role plays I had copied a bunch of words from a really complicated list of wolfpseak words and confused myself during my own posts lmao.

^ That was literally me as well. I tried to fit in with the WolfSpeak crowd and did that same thing xD It never worked out xD

Offline Cocopix

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 12:26:58 am »
Oboy, I can remember when I first discovered wolfspeak. I used it quite a lot, since I liked the way it sounded all fancy and sciency.
But later on, I guess it didn't feel very creative to me tbh. I was one of those people that just posted from a list of wolfspeak words, but through dropping the wolfspeak I think I've become much more experimental as a writer. So yeah, I'm no fan of wolfspeak. Especially when you're considered 'nooby' if you don't understand it. But I guess everyone has their own ways to RP.

Plays as Cocopix / Crystal Feather
Signature by Anarchiae @ DA

Offline CeramicSoul

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • One day M'love
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2016, 12:36:48 am »
I can deal with wolf speak I have nothing against It. But I'm personally not a fan of it I may scatter in my posts like "She searched the land with her mint eyes her banner flicked the ground lightly" not full blown like

"The faemora  scanned the land her cool seafoam optics scanned the land the oxygenaters Inhaled the crisp evening breeze before dispersing it"

Where I go What in the heck?
So, Yeah.
Your friendly neighborhood derp.

Offline Angelaxax

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Meep
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 11:48:03 am »
Could somone mabye explain to me what 'Wolfspeak' Means?

I heard much Canines speaking it and I do understand it's a hard language to Role Play in but I never understud what that is.
Meep

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 03:30:00 pm »
To be honest I rather like some word substitutions in WolfSpeak. Like "banner" for tail is kind of poetic. I mean when you think of a banner I imagine like a flag like object gently billowing in the wind. I can see a tail seeming just as elegant as a flowing banner. I mean word substitution is something poets do all the time to add imagery to their writing.

Words like oxygenaters for nose like CeramicSoul gave as an example are not poetic though xD So I dislike those types of substitutions lol.

Offline KatonaKy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Still sleepy
    • katonaky
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 05:23:00 pm »
I look up Wolfspeak on google,  and found a whole wolfspeak hate(well, looked like hate. Correct me if I'm wrong) thread. With definitions and all. It was quite humorous to read.

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=32034.10
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 05:24:42 pm by Rakashi »

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2016, 07:12:18 pm »
To be honest I rather like some word substitutions in WolfSpeak. Like "banner" for tail is kind of poetic. I mean when you think of a banner I imagine like a flag like object gently billowing in the wind. I can see a tail seeming just as elegant as a flowing banner. I mean word substitution is something poets do all the time to add imagery to their writing.

Words like oxygenaters for nose like CeramicSoul gave as an example are not poetic though xD So I dislike those types of substitutions lol.
I do have to second this a little bit. Though I try to avoid using it, I may occasionally refer to something as something else in not necessarily the action description, but the dialogue, to better fit my character's image. Like, one of my stray dog characters refers to claws as "knucks," Scuttle (vagabond), will call baby or small animals "Pips," etc.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2016, 01:21:12 am »
Please don't get me ranting. Going to try and not let myself go on for ages.

Wolfspeakers, based on the way they use these words (which is almost always incorrect), are the dictionary definition of illiterate. I've tried to roleplay with someone who uses wolfspeak, and when I politely asked them to use simpler words that make more sense, her reply was that those words made her feel more literate. Safe to say I left that group. I highly dislike wolfspeaking, and I find it difficult to understand.

I'll just quietly put here the worst offenses in my opinion:
Banner = tail
Pillars = legs
Orbs/pools = eyes
Lanterns = eyes
Pedestals = paws

What do you think your character is? Some type of Roman architecture?

If wolfspeaking is your thing, go ahead and stick with your crowd. I just find it difficult to understand.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:27:52 am by Whatever. »