Author Topic: Favorite Color Schemes?  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Cocopix

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Favorite Color Schemes?
« on: March 31, 2016, 05:40:42 am »
Just a lil subject of interest to me, since I'm all about experimenting with sliders in the character creator.
 I've noticed that, throughout the months, people have actually started to be a bit more outgoing with their choices of color for a character, be it canine or feline (or maybe it's just me). I've seen many colors ranging from blue, green, red and gold, rather than more realistic colors such as tan, brown, white, etc, and they always look stunning!

So, what are your favorite colors to have on a character? Personally, mine's definitely purple. It's just so flexible and easy to work with, and many of my favorite characters have ended up having a purple hue.

Plays as Cocopix / Crystal Feather
Signature by Anarchiae @ DA

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Color Schemes?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 06:10:34 am »
What an interesting topic ya have here c:

I think the colors I mostly use are reds of some sorts. Idk what it is about the color, but I just think it's a really pretty color and you can get a lot of different colors to look good on top of it. Normally I'd go for a darker red, as its really easy to mix with other colors and allow markings to kinda fade into the pelt of your character if ya get what I'm saying. Besides red being my main go to color, I think purple ranks next and then different hues of gray. Though colors for a character are always a last minute decision for me, so it sometimes depends on where ever my mouse decides to swing the color bar xD
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 09:39:57 am »
Nice Topic ?

I would have to say my colour choices ranges mostly in the purple, especially for the manes and eyes sometimes. Then for the overall colours ( Pelt Colours , Markings ) I tend to go pale sometimes. Like a pale brown...beige...the works. It depends on how I want the character to look and if I get that feeling of , "Oh yes, this definitely looks right."
I like to experiment with my colours and such so I won't be limited to just a certain range. ^^

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 10:30:33 am »
The colors I sometimes use on my characters are Dark red, or Brown.

Offline Shandra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I'm a shy girl q3q
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 11:29:42 am »
For me, it depends on the gender of the caracter. For males, I usually use bright colors: like white or cyan, and sometimes, purple, brown or grey.
For females, I usually use pastel colors: light blue, pink or, again, purple and white.
But that's only for unrealistic characters :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:36:55 pm by Shandra_AO »
Female /She-Her/
In-game as Shandra
Download to see my presets! (made by Hakumi & Teath): http://adf.ly/1ZtYqb

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 03:50:41 pm »
blues and greys

always

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 04:58:04 pm »
I actually have no favourite colour schemes whatsoever, neither personal preference.
When it comes to making new characters (which is actually on rare occasions you will not believe) I first of all come up with the species, as can be viewed on Foxion and Shurtle, and then base my colours around what the two species are. So it can vary really.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 07:02:17 pm »
I tend to use mostly browns and creams, usually accompanied with white or dark brown/black. I also like to use a dark blue or grey/monotone from time to time.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 08:27:19 pm »
Oh wow, I vary a lot! My favourite OC is Khole, who is currently my signature. As you can see, she's white with crimson. Her design used to be slightly more subtle, with her marking being blood red, but that's changed quite a bit.

Overall, if I'm just making something off the top of my head, it usually tends to fall into the trap of monochrome, mostly being shades of gray for the pelt, lighter gray or white the undercoat, and then 10 10 10 black or darker gray for the markings. But I usually have a reference picture and GIMP open to take colour swabs of a dog or deer or whatever since GIMP uses the same type of sliders as FH, and I just use that and try to match up the markings as best I can.

I've noticed that the "white" undercoat of an animal is never white-- it's almost always cream or very light gray.

If I wanted to be a sparkle bomb, I'd set all sliders except the eye to have absolutely no blue or green, or make the blue and green even. Then for the eyes, just some random colour. My first sparkle bomb had a white pelt, a 5 5 5 black undercoat, and then hot pink tiger stripes with the same colour mane. I might remake that sparkle-bomb when I get the chance. . .

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 09:24:38 pm »
My favorite color scheme is definitely green and brown. I just really like how this color scheme looks together, and I even used it on my fursona Negative. I think it looks nice and is alright on the eyes.

On the forum a lot, I use the color scheme of a tan/beige color (the one I'm using right now) and a brown color. I also think that this looks pretty, its attention getting, but not too harsh on the eyes.

When it comes to characters however, I prefer realistic colors like browns, tans, and greys. Even in the rare instances when I make a rather unrealistic character, I usually use a neutral color like grey and then a light color like blue together, which usually looks pretty nice.