Author Topic: It’s been a while  (Read 1149 times)

Offline brokenhearted

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
It’s been a while
« on: December 15, 2019, 09:24:51 pm »
Hello!

It’s been a LONG time since I’ve played this game. I was thinking back on games I played when I was younger, and was curious how things were turning out for those games. One of those happened to be FH. Out of curiosity, can anyone fill me in? I’d say the last time I played this game was around 2012, and tbh, I’d love to know how the game has changed and if I should download it for nostalgia purposes. Thanks!

Online Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
Re: It’s been a while
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 04:04:34 am »
welcome back to fh! i can tell you that a lot has indeed changed since 2012.
-we no longer have the map-wide general chat
-all the maps that were in the game around that time have been changed and/or removed, essentially giving you a bunch of new ground to cover!
-i can also tell you some neato stuff has been added with the source code that makes character creation a blast!
-there are plenty of varied roleplays, both mapped and mapless, ingame and on discord that are always willing to lend an ear to a wayward floof.
-last thing to consider, a lot of fan created content like item packs, markings, maps and presets have been released by players, you can find them here on the forums!

it ultimately is your choice but i say yeah! c'mon back and check out the changes!
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 06:42:28 am »
Welcome back to FeralHeart! As Poly has explained, a lot has changed over the years. But nonetheless we're still here! So glad you've decided to join us again =) Excited to see you around!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 06:44:29 am »
It's still around and changing slowly.  If you sit around in 'the grounds' you might see people appear to be AFK looking at stuff half the time.  Don't be put off by that.  If you spend a little time exploring you'll become the one that catalyzes activity and have more random friends you can handle
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 07:26:37 am »
Welcome back <3
Make sure to check out the christmas party thread! Many people from the community will gather around in a map for that event :)
Here it is: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=67431.0
doing what i feel like