Author Topic: A Map Request for:A Map Request for: The Vicious Skeleton Tribe  (Read 2213 times)

Offline SilentDeath001

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
A Map Request for:A Map Request for: The Vicious Skeleton Tribe
« on: October 30, 2016, 02:14:57 pm »
Hello ^-^ I am wishing to request a map, I make terrible maps .-.; tis I don't have the patience for one.

Information on Map:
How many maps: 2

1st Map
Size:Quite Large.
Type: Forestry.
How many main den-sites?: 4
How many smaller den-sites?: 4 - 6.

2nd Map
Size: Small - Medium : This map is a meeting map for all the packs/prides.
Type: Ceremonial.
Required in this map: A place for the leaders to sit.

Time estimate to be done: I'm not gonna give one, take your time.

Tis I would like updates on its process if anyone decides to make a map for me.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Re: A Map Request for:A Map Request for: The Vicious Skeleton Tribe
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 03:27:06 pm »
Before I start, I need to know as much as I can about what you want the map to be.

First Question: Is this map to be just for your group or would you like visitors?
===1st Map===
Map Size: 50k is the biggest I've ever made and I believe this is "Quite Large" since it can take a while to cross a map of this size.
Map Height: Do you want towering mountains or just hills or flat?
Forest: Easy enough but what kind of forest? Dead or alive? Thin or thick? Large or small? Several or just one?
4 Main Den Sites: What would you like these to look like and how big should they be and how many structures representing dens should there be?
6 Small Den Sites: Same as above.
Should there be any hills, mountains or rivers?
Should there be bushes or other flora besides trees?
How about rocks?
What would you like the water to look like?
What would you like the (3-6!) different terrains to look like?
What would you like the sky, moon, sun, cloud and lighting color to be at every time of day?
Would you like any kind of weather to occur at a specific time of day?
Would you like the second map to be a portal inside the first?

===2nd Map===
Size: I'd say a size like 5k would be small (enough to see everyone at any spot on map) and 25k would be medium (still large enough to get lost if you dont know your way around).
Height: Same question as first map.
Ceremonial: I'm going to need a lot more detail on this subject! =)
I think a nice "Capitol Den" with some kind of ancient style furniture might be nice for that last request, what are your thoughts on this?

PS: A map the size of 50k can take many days to complete especially with a large amount of detail and I'm feeling artsy so if I start making it please dont rush me! =)
Also keep in mind that I do many other things than play FeralHeart or make maps.

I'll be sure to keep you updated on it's progress after every step (Heightmapping, Masking, Smoothing/Roughing of the Heightmap, Placing Objects(This is also broken down into steps depending on the shape of the land)) after I start!

A peek at my previous work.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 03:29:36 pm by VortexAlive »
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline SilentDeath001

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 07:32:22 pm »
Map Size: 50k is the biggest I've ever made and I believe this is "Quite Large" since it can take a while to cross a map of this size. - 40 - 50k if it is alright.
Map Height: Do you want towering mountains or just hills or flat? Towering mountains please.
Forest: Easy enough but what kind of forest? Dead or alive? Thin or thick? Large or small? Several or just one? Temperate deciduous Forest, Alive please, but can you make a small area of dead trees?
4 Main Den Sites: What would you like these to look like and how big should they be and how many structures representing dens should there be? I don't really care on how they look, if you find one way that looks best, or easiest then that's fine. How many dens? 6 - 10 quite 1 - 2 needs to be for medics. How big? Between medium - large.
6 Small Den Sites: Same as above - Again what looks best/easiest, about 3 - 5 dens and small - medium.
Should there be any hills, mountains or rivers? I would like a river, it can be placed anywhere.
Should there be bushes or other flora besides trees? Please,if no trouble.
How about rocks? Yes, I would like a old rock structure Like this: http://www2.needham.k12.ma.us/newman/TechCtr/rocks/stonehenge.jpg
What would you like the water to look like? It could be FH original look.
What would you like the (3-6!) different terrains to look like? Green grass, Sand around the water and rock under the rock structure please.
What would you like the sky, moon, sun, cloud and lighting color to be at every time of day? Please
Would you like any kind of weather to occur at a specific time of day? Rain every once in awhile.
Would you like the second map to be a portal inside the first? Yes please.

===2nd Map===
Size: I'd say a size like 5k would be small (enough to see everyone at any spot on map) and 25k would be medium (still large enough to get lost if you dont know your way around). 5k be fine.
Height: Same question as first map. I would like mountains surrounding it, other then that it can be flat.
Ceremonial: I'm going to need a lot more detail on this subject! =)
I think a nice "Capitol Den" with some kind of ancient style furniture might be nice for that last request, what are your thoughts on this

Before I start, I need to know as much as I can about what you want the map to be.

First Question: Is this map to be just for your group or would you like visitors?
===1st Map===
Map Size: 50k is the biggest I've ever made and I believe this is "Quite Large" since it can take a while to cross a map of this size.
Map Height: Do you want towering mountains or just hills or flat?
Forest: Easy enough but what kind of forest? Dead or alive? Thin or thick? Large or small? Several or just one?
4 Main Den Sites: What would you like these to look like and how big should they be and how many structures representing dens should there be?
6 Small Den Sites: Same as above.
Should there be any hills, mountains or rivers?
Should there be bushes or other flora besides trees?
How about rocks?
What would you like the water to look like?
What would you like the (3-6!) different terrains to look like?
What would you like the sky, moon, sun, cloud and lighting color to be at every time of day?
Would you like any kind of weather to occur at a specific time of day?
Would you like the second map to be a portal inside the first?

===2nd Map===
Size: I'd say a size like 5k would be small (enough to see everyone at any spot on map) and 25k would be medium (still large enough to get lost if you dont know your way around).
Height: Same question as first map.
Ceremonial: I'm going to need a lot more detail on this subject! =) Its a place where all the groups to really come together and meet on peaceful terms. Tis all that is needed is for a place for them to meet and all can see the local chat. If you can find a place in the larger map for this then you can put it there instead of making a separate map for it.
I think a nice "Capitol Den" with some kind of ancient style furniture might be nice for that last request, what are your thoughts on this? and this sounds cool, I like it

PS: A map the size of 50k can take many days to complete especially with a large amount of detail and I'm feeling artsy so if I start making it please dont rush me! =)
Also keep in mind that I do many other things than play FeralHeart or make maps.

I'll be sure to keep you updated on it's progress after every step (Heightmapping, Masking, Smoothing/Roughing of the Heightmap, Placing Objects(This is also broken down into steps depending on the shape of the land)) after I start!

A peek at my previous work.

Thank you for making this map ^^ and, I understand that you do other things then Feral-heart. Gracias Amigo for again making this map.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 08:29:53 pm »
You are quite welcome! The information you provided has been gathered and I will begin work on this tomorrow if nothing else comes up!

Your Player-Made Map Maker, VortexAlive
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 05:33:21 pm »
Here's the first Report!

I have made a heightmap for the first map, this is how the river area looks at the south end:

and here is what is looks like with the current mask:

I'll start adding objects soon but before I do I would like to know if you think anything should change. I'll also be looking into getting the right kind of trees for your forest. =)

Offline SilentDeath001

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 07:45:20 pm »
Looks great!!! I'm happy with how it looks<3

Offline SilentDeath001

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 08:16:56 pm »
May I ask what the map is gonna be named?

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 09:18:06 pm »
The name that players will see is currently "Valley of the Skeleton Tribe" but this can easily be changed.

Offline SilentDeath001

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 09:26:54 pm »
Mind changing it to Valley of the Vicious Tribes? Please

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 09:32:22 pm »
Can do! =)