Author Topic: -POSSIBLE- Miss Kitter's English tutoring!  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Kitterr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • joe mama
    • View Profile
-POSSIBLE- Miss Kitter's English tutoring!
« on: April 30, 2020, 09:23:11 pm »
Hi there friends! I'm thinking of helping some non native speakers with this confusing language, to help better their communications! I'm thinking about doing this because I know/semi-know some people who have trouble with English, like my friend QuietMacaroni, though her English is pretty good, she does have a few hiccups here and there (but don't we all?). I also see many who want to speak on their native language on the forums, but are stuck with a weird second language. I want to help you~!
If this gets enough backing I might just do it, depends.
i'm back cause i'm bored as hell.

Offline Kitterr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • joe mama
    • View Profile
Re: -POSSIBLE- Miss Kitter's English tutoring!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 09:23:43 pm »
also no i had no idea where to put this

admins are allowed to put it into a place they think fits better :3

SpicyDirt

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 09:31:04 pm »
This is a pretty sweet thing to do! I feel like if you base your lessons around Duolingo that will help you out with out of class learning!

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 09:36:32 pm »
This is a really lovely thing for you to do, I know some users that feel like the language barrier stops them from experiencing the full game.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Kitterr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • joe mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 05:52:38 am »
I'd probably set it up to have "classes" of people from the same country or they speak the same language, to hopefully have a few "students" that could help with translations & such. Just an idea, and ofc there will be 1 on 1s.. just don't know how to do group lessons tho if I wanted to-

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 12:22:23 pm »
Wow. It's very good idea. My language is polish and it isn't similar to english (ehhh, it's really diffrent). I think it really will help for people who don't know english good.
On new account Aiiokia

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 12:35:38 pm »
I'd probably set it up to have "classes" of people from the same country or they speak the same language, to hopefully have a few "students" that could help with translations & such. Just an idea, and ofc there will be 1 on 1s.. just don't know how to do group lessons tho if I wanted to-

For group lessons, a Discord group or server (most likely server as you can create channels and toggle member permissions), so you can create channels that separate different things!
I know little to nothing about teaching, but I think doing something like that would be good! For example, you could set assignments or 'homework' for people to complete and make that channel not allowed to be talked in by anyone other than you, and have another channel for homework submissions, etc. - And then have another channel for general work! Unless you were thinking of doing it via Video/Voice Chat.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Kitterr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • joe mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 11:23:55 pm »

For group lessons, a Discord group or server (most likely server as you can create channels and toggle member permissions), so you can create channels that separate different things!
I know little to nothing about teaching, but I think doing something like that would be good! For example, you could set assignments or 'homework' for people to complete and make that channel not allowed to be talked in by anyone other than you, and have another channel for homework submissions, etc. - And then have another channel for general work! Unless you were thinking of doing it via Video/Voice Chat.
I would schedule some calls, to work on spoken english, but for the most part text :3 Problem is I'm only able to access discord at certain times, so it would mainly be homework/assignments I post.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 04:34:42 pm »
Moving this to game discussion since I think it fits better there~
Farewell everyone<3

Offline faewyn

• Lady of the Forest
  • Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ᓚᘏᗢ embean
    • f-a-e-w-y-n
    • emxlybeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 07:14:20 pm »
I think this is a wonderful idea and it's very nice to see someone willing to help others in the game! I think it'd help a lot of people get basic English so that they'd be able to talk to other English speakers since that is the biggest language in the game.

Siggy by danysaurus