Author Topic: *SOLVED PLEASE DELETE...or something...*  (Read 1116 times)

Offline WFL.chan

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Map Maker, Preset Creator, Literate Role-player.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
*SOLVED PLEASE DELETE...or something...*
« on: October 01, 2012, 11:39:33 pm »
Okay. I love to make maps, and I do all the time.  Then, I had to make a map for a friend's RP. I made the map, successfully exported it, but when I opened the game again, it crashed. Multiple times. I restarted my computer. No solution. I deleted the exported files. No solution. I deleted the map file. No solution. I deleted everything that had to do with the map. No solution.  I had to redownload my game. Problem solved.  I thought that would be a one time problem. It just happened again. Help? PLEASE? I really don't want to give up map-making ;-;
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:46:11 pm by Karli »
Mua-hah.  WFL was here >.> <.<  MAAOOOWW :3
Check out my dA pwease c:
karli-chan1.deviantart.com

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Export my Maps Without Game Dying?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 12:07:47 am »
Did you try uninstalling & deleting the entire Feral Heart folder and then reinstalling? It's possible some file was corrupted, misplaced, or added during the map making process and that's what's causing the game to suddenly crash. (ex: like double particles in your particle folders and such) Also do you get any specific error message on crash?

Offline WFL.chan

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 12:19:21 am »
I just uninstalled the game and folder entirely, then reinstalled which solved my problem, so...yes? And no, I did not get a specific notification. Nothing new, anyway.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 02:41:52 am »
I had to redownload my game. Problem solved.  I thought that would be a one time problem. It just happened again.

First off you say that after you reinstalled the game the crash happened again. I'm assuming that you tried readding the files of that map you were working on and exported it again and that's what made it crash yet again? Or did you not readd the map and the game just continues crashing now regardless of the files no longer being there?

If you did readd the map after the fresh install and the crashing has continued:

As I have said before I am not soo familiar with map problems since it's most likely something wrong with your map file that's crashing your game but maybe try refering to this. Often problems in map maker can cause the game to crash:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=1391.0
I hope it helps.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:52:18 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • ~WolfDark~ <-- mah user in game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 11:50:32 am »
Next time don't reinstall the game.

Go to the particles folder and my_objects and search for particles with _0 and _1 at the end of them. Don't worry, that won't delete the particles, just what causes the game to crash.

Good luck in continue! ^^

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline WFL.chan

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 10:45:23 pm »
Thanks, Faithness! It solved my problem.