Author Topic: Coloration Attraction  (Read 5371 times)

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
Re: Coloration Attraction
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 04:05:52 am »
Its probably the children wanting to impress ladies, or ladies attracting men and have children and basiclly try to think that black and neon wolves or black and red, etc are realistic.

But yeah, its in Bonfire's Blood. Coloration Attraction in MC Grammar, PHD! >_>

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 09:49:01 am »
Those dark characters are often attention seekers wailing about their horrific past of tragidy, dying and whatnot. Seeing a nice toned dusky brown wolf in FH is rare now, as I mostly see completely black wolves with red scar markings running around. I have no grey/black/white characters in my charrie slots right now. I think it's kind of plain and un-original. Have fun with your colors! There are endless possibilities. c:

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 01:32:15 pm »
Ahh, yes. My character is grayish and white. The reason why is because I don't like my characters began neon, blue, purple, or pink, etc. Though I have nothing against those colors, except for pink. I hate pink. Probably, people making their characters gray/white/black is because they want to look realistic. Sure, I want to look realistic but I put dark bat wings on my charrie. x3

And what Tariri said before me - I agree with her. Sometimes, they just want to make their characters look dark and seem like they had a horrible past. So...yeah. I have nothing wrong with this, just pointing it out.

Offline WoodDog

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 03:00:16 pm »
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 01:49:57 pm by garisa »

Offline itsukoii

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "I'll show you a sight you've never seen before."
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 01:47:21 am »
Ah, yes, yes. I understand and agree. A lot of newbies will usually go for the darkest color possible, but you could be a super un-newbie and still use colors like that. I do see a lot of, well, females usually, being a plain white or pitch black. I, myself, use dark gray, light gray, black, etc. But I like it this way, and the others must enjoy it, too. Maybe otherwise they'd think their 'sparkle dogs'. I dunno, but whatever.

I just notice a lot of wolves are pitch black or white, nowadays. Sometimes gray, yes, like myself.

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 02:46:20 am »
I don't see why people make so many black wolves.... When grey wolves are the most common and well-known. It's gotten to the point for me where I refuse to make a black or white wolf, just to be 'That realistic floof in the corner.' If I do make a black character for whatever reason, I'll usually place the sliders light enough to at least see the fur texture. I mean come on, pitch black in my opinion equals no creativity in the character ::)

Offline iDubbbz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 04:59:37 am »
     For me alot of my characters [mostly wolf characters] are brown and to make them more realistic i use hellion marking for body, ear rims, etc and like have a light brown and make the markings a bit darker brown to simulate a wolf pelt.  Other then that i really like grey, brown, light grey,  light brown and sometimes a somewhat modest red color markings with grey pelt.  For some reason I prefer bright non-neon colors like a pure white wolf with black tail tip and ear rims.  or a light grey. I think the colors in mentioned in this forum are popular colors people like to use.

Offline Compass

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Professional Lurker
    • admirally
    • admiralyre
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 08:29:11 pm »

Blah, I guess I'm one of those people. Just more of a blue-grey. ;o;
I didn't do it for evil/good thing though, I did it to resemble Anubis.
LET THE DOMINO ANIMALS RULE THE WORLD, FUFUFUFUFU.

On a side note, I'm sick of black and white creatures and the neon ones. Both are overly common and annoying. :I Well the black and white ones not as much as the neon ones. I hope you like eyesores :I!
Ermahgurd Asmodeus Poisontooth! Redwall! -Huggles- Even if you don't know it, you are doing something for me right now xD

And I agree with the fact Flob had
Yeah the typical FeralHeart wolf/canine is usually jet black, really dark grey or white, or a two of them at once. I'm not sure why this is. I think maybe people generally see black or white wolves as 'cool' and so they make characters like that. It seems to be a bit of a trend, since a lot of people make these charries and have perhaps caught on the this 'black wolf, white wolf' trend.
Particularly in Bonfire, I rarely see a canine that is any other neutral colour (about from the German shepherds), which I think is a real shame. I like brownish coloured wolves and it would be nice to see some people breaking the trend.

Because it is true, I love making mah charries a 'red' colour, also known as brown... but many people on here like jet black.

Offline iDubbbz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 05:26:45 am »
I don't see why people make so many black wolves.... When grey wolves are the most common and well-known. It's gotten to the point for me where I refuse to make a black or white wolf, just to be 'That realistic floof in the corner.' If I do make a black character for whatever reason, I'll usually place the sliders light enough to at least see the fur texture. I mean come on, pitch black in my opinion equals no creativity in the character ::)
I agree one hundred percent.  Pitch black is not very creative or realistic.   I have a black wolf thats not pitch black, its light enough for one to see fur texture and once again hellion body marking and i make it light greyish/white tint  (moderately so it doesn't look stupid) since i seen a wolf in real life like that.

Offline JasmineFlower

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Welp?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 12:20:00 pm »
Well, I once had a Pitch-black character wich was kind of a shadowcreature. Genderless. And neutral. I think about re-creating her.. just for fun. 'She' did have a tragic past (I was a newbie back then, so I thought that was very original), but otherwise, she was fine. No red eyes or blood anywhere.
My point, if you don't have any reason to make a character pitchblack, don't make it pitchblack. Shadows for example can be 'pitchblack'. Wolves and Nightfuries however..  no.
Chirp? Chirp!