Author Topic: MOTHER OF BAD TOKENS!!!  (Read 1590 times)

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
MOTHER OF BAD TOKENS!!!
« on: February 07, 2015, 08:19:03 pm »
I am currently running FH on mac. In the past, it has downloaded and run fine for many months. Now I suddenly have come across the LARGEST AMOUNT OF BAD TOKENS IN A ROW ever. Any possible problems I can think of have been ruled out:
1. bad internet/firewall- nope. I can get into other mmorpgs just fine.
2. rendering system- i've tried both many times.
3. account/char is stuck or something- my account and characters work fine from another computer.
4. graphics are too much- all the settings are turned down to the lowest thing, and all the in-game tools work flawlessly.
5. game is too big or demanding for my fragile little mac- nope. I only have the default game and a few presets installed at the moment, whereas before I had MM, an items pack, loads of presets and about a dozen downloaded maps, and a bajillion meshes, all of which did not bog down my game.

So, what could the problem be? I've run into about 30 bad tokens in a row so far...do I just need to keep trying or is there something else that could be the problem?

Offline OchreKangaroo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: MOTHER OF BAD TOKENS!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 08:22:00 pm »
Hello,
Bad tokens is the servers way to tell you that something went wrong when loading a map/location most of the times. The client failing to communicate with the server, or other way around. If there was some connection problems just during the time you tried to load a new map, this might happen to you. Also maps that has an extreme amount of online users, or more objects and other custom things might take longer to load, and the chance of getting bad tokens might rise. Usually the issue doesn't last for too long and get solved by just trying going through a portal again or loading the character again or just keep reconnecting, for some it's worse than others.
This is a quote from THE BIG HELP THREAD about Bad Tokens. The servers were busy since the registration opens at random times and a lot of people seem to be registering.
Hope I helped. ;)

Rawr.

Siggy by fabulous Buffy! Thank you <3 <3

In-game username: OchreKangaroo.
You will see me in Bonfire.

Need any help, PM me <3

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 08:37:20 pm »
Like dear Toastyy said above, bad tokens are the pop ups when something in the game has messed up. They're nothing serious and don't usually pop up continously. If they do, make sure your internet connection is stable and that the map you are heading off to isn't full. There aren't many solutions to this exept that you exit the game, reset your character's home, go home, ect. Maybe you  just need to log out then back in.

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 12:21:58 am »
lonely cave has not worked for like a dozen times in a row and my internet is stable... ;-;