Author Topic: What anime should I watch first?  (Read 3659 times)

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
What anime should I watch first?
« on: January 03, 2016, 03:49:36 pm »
So I've never seen an anime in my life and I really want to watch one, but I don't know which one will give me the smoothest transition into the fandom, if you will. I see a lot of vine edits of animes and everyone is turning into some super-zombie thing with lots of blood and guts, and if all animes are like that I guess that's alright. I'd just like one that maybe has a little less "GFHOUIGBK DEMONS" and a little more cuteness and romance? If anybody knows of a good one I'd love to hear your suggestions. Thank you :3

Offline Queen_Innocent

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: What anime should I watch first?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 04:03:15 pm »
So I've never seen an anime in my life and I really want to watch one, but I don't know which one will give me the smoothest transition into the fandom, if you will. I see a lot of vine edits of animes and everyone is turning into some super-zombie thing with lots of blood and guts, and if all animes are like that I guess that's alright. I'd just like one that maybe has a little less "GFHOUIGBK DEMONS" and a little more cuteness and romance? If anybody knows of a good one I'd love to hear your suggestions. Thank you :3

Let me just grab one that I know is a good transition! I'll edit it here in a second~

Akagame no Shirayuki-Hime << Two seasons. First season is out.
Kaichou wa maid-sama << Has a bit of a perverted male and a very interesting female character

To watch em:

Either you can do Crunchyroll
goodanime.co (subbed)
animetoon.org (dubbed)

Or you can just look them up on youtube.

Good luck!

---

THESE are MY recommendations. They might just not be for you, but the first two I gave you are romance-based, the second gets a bit into perverted humor so I'd stay away from it if ya don't like that stuff. Maid-sama and Akagame is what got me into anime in the first place, and why I am recommending them!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:12:21 pm by Kiri »

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 04:10:25 pm »
Well there goes Tokyo Ghoul, pahaha.
I don't watch much anime myself to be honest, probably never will in the sense that I'm growing up way too quickly for it, and I don't really enjoy them as much as I'd like to, but if you're looking for an anime about love and romance, perhaps you can do a bit of research- since my mind is blank.
I recommend watching Wolf's Rain though, I watched that and that's how my admiration for certain anime's started.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline TullileIsHere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • plonke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 08:24:34 pm »
If you're looking for a cute romantic comedy, I definitely recommend Ouran High School Host Club. It's really goofy and cute, and doesn't go too overboard with the romance. Plus, I hear that there's a second season on the way.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 12:39:21 am »
Tullile beat me to it xD

You can also try The Wallflower

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 04:46:44 am »
Well, I'm not too into cute animes myself, but I hear that Ouran High School Host Club and Fruits Basket are pretty good. There's also a SNK school spinoff, I hear, but the original SNK is the very opposite of cute, so.... ehe.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 02:17:41 pm »
Personally, I don't watch anime myself. I've watched only one, fully, and that one was Wolf's Rain which I honestly recommend.

Although it's not cute or romancey or anything. I think it's kinda nice to see how the characters bond, but I haven't seen it in a while so I don't know what your opinion might be. XI It's good, though. You should maybe take a look at it sometime, unless you don't like... Sad endings, I guess? I won't spoil it.

//wiggles into the dark corners of a volcano//

Offline PartyyRockinn

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • stay hungry
    • littlelavi
    • lvstbites
    • satansoffspring
    • amitycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 06:22:07 pm »
The first anime I watched was Sword Art Online and I think it was a good one to begin with. It's english subbed so you have to pay attention, but it was really good, especially if you're into video games. Unfortunately that's the only one I actually really got into, so that's all I can say. xD
FH Username: PartyyRockinn
Sig by SHRINES on dA
Icon by prospecte on dA

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 11:12:07 pm »
For cute/romantic stuffs;

Fruits Basket
Ao Haru Ride
Kimi ni Todoke
Wolf Girl and Black Prince
My Little Monster

And in general;

Haikyuu!!
Noragami
K

Hope some of these capture your interest, they're some of my favorites. <:

in-game: hooli

Offline Biscitspet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 12:45:59 pm »
Erm...I'm going to put a few of my faves here. Inuyasha(Funny Fantasy,romance,comedy.),Black Butler (Quite dark...and the manga's better but I love the style) Soul Eater (Shinigami or Grim Reapers who have a REALLY different style to the normal folklore.) and finally Fairy Tail. (Comedy with magic wizards and.....randomness. Lots of episodes arcs and fillers but..it's one of my favorites.)
A few others are Ao No Exorcist and Noragami.