Author Topic: What Are Your FeralHeart Pet Peeves?  (Read 6595 times)

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
What Are Your FeralHeart Pet Peeves?
« on: January 05, 2016, 01:08:52 am »
Title says it all. Some of my pet peeves in the game are:

-people who don't know how to properly export a map and when I download it, there's folders upon folders of meshes and textures I don't need or want

-characters that are mary sues in the abstract sense, meaning they think they're above any character traits that other charries may have. (ex. let's say you have an extremely charming character but nobody actually role-plays being charmed, thus ruining the role-play and part of your character. exception if they have a trait to counter-act yours, like asexuality.)

-people who are rude to other characters' designs (ex. ew thats a neon owl lol get it away *swishes realistic mane* )

-people who leave a default character just so everyone knows to get their preset. Like, you can customize that character under the preset. Don't take away from the experience of the game for someone else if they are unable to get your preset.

Share your pet peeves below!

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: What Are Your FeralHeart Pet Peeves?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 04:02:49 pm »
My biggest pet peeve is actually the way people are most commonly having their canine characters as grey, white, or black.
Not that I despise the shades used to have as a pelt or marking, but it's just a very dull concept for me personally. It's very rare for me to see other coloured wolves aside from brown and the occasional maroon red with silly pink underfurs. Mainly because those who are actually adventurous turn out neon and are most likely incapable of realising how blinding it is for my eyes, and the majority of us can probably agree to that.
Not going to judge anyone on it though, their character their design their control, not mine. Just wish there was a lot more imagination going on!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline AtlanticPuffin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 05:37:57 pm »
Well, I've got a good amount of pet peeves. One of the most annoying things on Feral-Heart for me are wolf-speakers. OK, I get it that everyone role-plays differently but what wolf-speakers are saying is completely wrong. For an example, most use the word 'fae' for female even though fae actually stands for a mythical creature. The anger just builds up in me once I see a wolf-speaker. By wolf-speaker, I mean a person that uses complicated terms that are incorrect for nearly every word they use. It's okay if you use two or so, but not like ten or something.

Another one would be people that hunt you without asking for permission. I tend to make a lot of prey animals such as antelopes and I get a lot of people that just come up to me and attack me because 'they need food to survive'. I mean, at least ask for permission if you wish to hunt me. Most excuses I get are 'OMG, it's only a game. Real predators don't ask their prey can they hunt them'. Ridiculous.

I think this will be the last one I'll say because I don't want to list out all my pet peeves since I don't want to make this extremely long. Anyways, here I go.

Mate-beggars. The worst thing to happen to me, literally. I usually don't encounter mate-beggars, yet my friend does most of the times and it is completely ridiculous. "Wantz to be my mate plz. I need someoen. plz.". OK yeah, you can just say 'no thank you' but the ones I encounter just don't go away and keep on asking you until you really need to block them. Some just keep on asking and asking until you're about to blow up you're so annoyed. ( in my case ).

Well, those were my three main pet peeves. Feel free to protest about them, I really don't mind. ;)
So, you want to create your own lion pride, fight others for territory and manage your cubs and lionesses? If so, join Lioden!, the game where you start your own pride and fight for your cubs and lions!
If interested, go here: http://lioden.com/register.php?r=82186
In-game name: AtlanticPuffin.
Where to find me: Bonfire Island.

Offline The_Black_Cat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 02:47:08 am »
- When people don't give their ceiling/water material file in their map download and the ceiling/water is a giant marshmallow.

- Objects that rotate weirdly and simply trying to turn them around to face the opposite direction will end up turning them upside down.

- The default rocks with that pesky collision that makes no sense.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 02:43:45 pm »
-any face akin to uwu

-those guys who come to ficho late at night and think it's ok to get freaky in front of my face

-anti hyena island

-stone bridge

-basically everything at this point

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline cozyyote

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • owo what's this?
    • cozyyote
    • cozyyote
    • @cozyyote
    • View Profile
    • Telegram Art Channel
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 03:09:32 pm »
When you load into the game on a hard place to get, and end up clicking in front of you so that you fall off, or give yourself a near-heart attack.

Offline Kouvinxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • TKC for life!
    • http://kouvinxx.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 10:49:55 am »
-I hate it when people guilt trip you into joining their group

-People who throw you into their rp

-Mate beggars -screams-

-Characters who are supposed to be depressing and all that. Like their get way into it sometimes and.. it's really not nice to see.

Offline Dex-Hart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 06:15:40 pm »
-[name] F/M [species]
-Fandom roleplayers that don't follow the character's personality
In-Game User: Dex-Hart

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 06:19:45 pm »
- Edgy characters with really dark backstories
- Lionesses with 'dwarfism' aka just shrinking their characters to look like cubs and calling them an adult
- People who make fun of new players or players in general, calling them 'noobs'
- Members who give their characters mental illnesses when they don't know how to portray said mental illness correctly without any research done on said mental illness. (Ex. Giving a character anxiety and rping them as really quiet/shy and literally afraid of everything.)
- Getting into a seemingly interesting role play that looks a lot of fun just to download the map and go into it and all you see is a sloppily placed batch of trees here and there that lag so bad your FH crashes every time you look at them.
- People who think it's okay to break the FH rules just because a moderator isn't around to catch them in the act.

I have a ton more but I think the list goes on forever.

in-game: hooli

Offline PoisonIVy12

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Colin the Cornhusky is Life
    • View Profile
    • Professor Flannigan's Lab
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 09:33:06 pm »
I'm not ingame very much but I have a few.

I don't know why, but it bothers me when people put "M" or "F" at the end of their name. I could understand if you can't tell by the name which gender your character is, but if you had a name like "David" and added "M" at the end of it... No female would be named David, so the "M" part is unnecessary. But I've seen this before. I put that sort of information in the bio section. Nothing against those who do it, I just get irritated by it.

I also dislike how I'll glitch into certain objects if I run up them instead of jump up them, and everyone should know which objects those are... XD

Super-laggy patches on maps. Not that my maps don't have these, which they do...

When I glitch out of my building maps and can't get back in because there are no holes in my roof.

When a map server ceases to work and as soon as I put a blocker in front of the portal, the map starts working again.

Random game crashes when I turn the camera completely upwards while working on a map.

...Most of these are map related XD
Find me ingame as PoisonIVy12!

Cy, the eccentric rebel against the world. Oh, and wordsmith. :D