Author Topic: Game Feels Really Empty....  (Read 3693 times)

Offline Canji

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Game Feels Really Empty....
« on: May 16, 2017, 05:28:42 am »
 I've  noticed the only real things people do is role play or talk. You can't really do anything besides that and that's what makes the game boring. Fast.
 I've thought of a few things that may spice it up and hopefully its not asking too much from the staff!

1. Prey:
It's called Feral Heart and you play either canines or felines and explore several wildlife maps. So...where the heck or the bunnies and birds and smaller animals? These animals have to eat somehow!
 What if prey was added into the game? Actual, huntable prey that would put the crouching to use and maybe add a bit of challenge to the game? Prey can vary between chase-able (fast prey like rabbits and birds) to more challenging prey that actually fight back ( strong prey like boar and moose). Maybe, if possible, have it to where you can actually hunt in packs to take down prey as well?
  You can hunt prey to feed your character or maybe feed pup/kit (those smaller characters) in packs or clans. And of course, you can 'level up' in a way through a Hunter's Rank the more you hunt, which will help you take down more stronger prey.

2. Dungeon Crawling:
 Maybe not exactly so, but putting items or maybe buried treasure in the game maps and stuff would help with actually exploring the world a bit more? We have so many pretty areas. It would be so cool to have to look thoroughly through them and dig up (for canines) treasure or find items to collect (for felines). These items and treasures can be traded in to an NPC for unlockable items to decorate our characters (like little saddle bags or something).

3. Friendly Spars:
 Its probably best we're not allowed to fight each other in this game freely. But why not make a kind of friendly battle where two consenting people can fight? Fighting can be used to lower or raise the Hunting Rank, and give those who are role playing something more immersive to do in said role play. Maybe they can even bet items they found in the game based on who wins the fight? Optional of course!

4. Fishing:
 You can swim, so why not be able to fish?
 Your character can swim after fish and grab them. Add a kind of stamina or struggle meter to said fish for some challenge, and if you make it to land with the fish, you can either trade it for items (like fishmail armor to add defense in friendly spars) or eat it as prey and gain status effects.
 Of course, if chasing after fish doesn't sound fun, maybe you can make a small minigame where you control your character's paws to scoop the fish out at the water edge, or just have them produce a fishing pole in their jaws and for a good old LOZ style fishing game.

5. Racing/Chasing:
 I really like the idea of being able to set up races with other players, or even initiating a game of tag with them.  The game currently has 0 speed difference between characters, so just playing with speed and making it to where you have a standard speed and can upgrade speed with fish, status items, or Hunter Ranks should add a lot to the game alone. Racing can be done in small tracks with built in obstacles (logs to jump over or rocks to push to hinder others in the next lap) to add challenge.

These are the only ideas I have for now, and I tried to make it sound as simple as possible. A lot of what is already in the game is good, but it gets old quickly. I think these ideas should help a bit. If I have more, I'll post 'em!

Of course, if there is any way I can help or if you have any ideas or questions to stack on, please say so!

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Game Feels Really Empty....
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 05:32:21 am »
Aye, there have been a lot of people wanting to put things like that in the game, but sadly...it cannot be done as the staff don't have the source code for the game. However, you could race around and play tag. To dash with your character, simply press E. ^^

Also, if FeralHeart added those features in, saying we could, we would just end up being like an Impressive Title and it would take away what makes FeralHeart...well....FeralHeart.

But don't think these are bad ideas, cause they really are good, just not for this game. ^^

Offline Canji

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 05:34:09 am »
Aye, there have been a lot of people wanting to put things like that in the game, but sadly...it cannot be done as the staff don't have the source code for the game. However, you could race around and play tag. To dash with your character, simply press E. ^^

Also, if FeralHeart added those features in, saying we could, we would just end up being like an Impressive Title and it would take away what makes FeralHeart...well....FeralHeart.

But don't think these are bad ideas, cause they really are good, just not for this game. ^^

Understandable! At the very least, I tried and my effort was read. I'm happy with that alone!  ;D

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 06:28:00 am »
I like these ideas. Excellent thought!

I especially like the "dig for items" idea. :D
doing what i feel like

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 06:34:08 am »
Yeah hard to make those without the code...  But you can chase people and race them to see what happens.  Used to o that in ficho and sometimes they'd do 3 or 4 laps of the place before they get bored and carry on their way.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline virtualmilk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • virtual-milk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 07:29:15 pm »
i like the ideas, but i feel like if these were added to feralheart it would clash with it's current style, which is what makes it unique

-
memes bring me immense joy

if you see me in-game, feel free to say hello

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 07:37:15 pm »
I will have to agree with the others that if these features were added... the game will lose its uniqueness.
Don't take me wrong, I love the ideas especially the one about hunting and prey (and this is something I would love to see added in the game).
Customizing your character, creating maps, discovering new worlds, writing your own plots, making new friends... all these things combined together make Feral-Heart unique.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:40:56 pm by Deucallion »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Windstrider

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Soon-to-be college student!
    • Windstrider2017
    • windstrider2017@gmail.com
    • Windstrider2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 01:54:56 am »
Apologies if this is considered a necro-post by now but I love those ideas. I see where everybody in the previous replies is coming from but it'd be a lot more interesting with even just one of those features. I could easily be wrong on this but people like IT servers because of their uniqueness, nostalgia (old models etc) and whatnot and would continue to like them even if FH got these features. Even if we didn't have prey, and this is if any of this could even be added, digging up items would be awesome with a capital A. Especially combined with the map maker and endless variety of huge, detailed maps people make, it would add so much to do. It would be really fun, and there could be a literal easter egg hunt event.

Offline ghoulatrocity

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • MCRmy Sergeant
    • Raineski
    • Raineski
    • emperorsnewbachelor
    • knivesandpens
    • _raineski_
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 05:45:23 pm »
This idea seems wonderful, and it's a shame the staff do not have the source code because they could do so much with the game.

However, I think it would kind of clash with what FeralHeart is meant for, like others said above. Maybe (if such thing can eventually be achieved) these ideas could be part of a different game mode? Like you could have the roleplay game mode like how FeralHeart is now, and then you could have the other game mode with these features.

Also, maybe if a separate game mode is not desired, these things could be part of Easter events, or Christmas events.

Being yourself is fun because you're one of a kind and no one else can be you
-Christian Coma-

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 08:03:40 pm »
These are some great ideas. I'd love to see them in game if we could only get that source code.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya