Author Topic: Is There Some Secret Cult Against Me?  (Read 5543 times)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Some Secret Cult Against Me?
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 02:12:57 am »
Flippy, i'm so sorry to hear that you've been dealing with this. And I'm even more sorry that it's making you feel like you want to leave the game. It sounds like it's been very troubling for you so I hope I can clear your mind a bit.

From what i've seen from you ingame, I get a very positive impression from. You've been very friendly and kind-hearted towards those around you. Because of that, it seems strange that there are a few users that want to pinpoint you and say suggest that you're rude or bitter. However as some form of reassurance, there are quite a few users that deal with harassment and the negative attention from others in this game, much like you are. I see a lot of bullying, name-calling, harassment and forms of trolling in local chat and I can safely say that I don't think you are being targeted yourself. At least to me it really doesn't seem like it. The trolls and troublemakers like to select a person and start to provoke them in local chat for everyone to see. It is best to not take this sort of nonsense behavior of theirs to heart. Most of the time when it's said in the public chat,  they are looking to make a scene out of what they are doing. They'll say something that upsets another person, or, that they think will upset another person, to spark a reaction to it and thusfore, create drama and attention while having an audience. If they think they managed to "latch" onto someone and made them upset in one way or another, they might try to continue to harass that person so the situation escalates. A lot of the times, they like to make their attacks seem personal and confrontational so that way they get a stronger reaction out of the person they are attacking as well. So it might seem like they're making it about you, but in fact, they are just trying to make their impact that much more powerful and fun for them. The bullies and trolls of any community don't care if what they're saying is true, accurate or even fair to say. They will just say what they need to say to ignite a catastrophe for everyone to see. Usually, the reasons for this are that they're bored or just want attention. Most of the time it is also merely for fun  because, sickeningly enough, we deal with people that enjoy hurting others in any way they can just because they want to. They don't care about the feelings of the person, they just want to wreak some havoc.

With this all in mind, I highly recommend not taking it personally and trying to keep in mind that they're probably just seeking attention. I don't want you to feel discouraged in any way. So if it seems more like you are being personally attacked by a few people persistently rather than by just a troll, I recommend blocking them and sending us a report of the evidence if you feel the harassment has exceded the rules in one way or another.

This community should feel like another home for you, not a place where you don't feel welcome or feel like you are being treated unfairly. It isn't right, but fortunately there are measures we can take for it.

Take care <3
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 02:20:56 am by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 02:15:24 am »

I highly doubt that. I don't know anybody besides a third grader who would call somebody names to have a friendly conversation. Especially since all they say is that I'm salty, I look hideous, or anything else and then continue talking to their friends.

//Googles how to strangle people over the internet

You'd be surprised.  In my country people will throw rocks at you from across the street and scream obscenities as an introduction and then start babbling in rap music language as if they think i can understand them.  That's how they think being friendly works.   I'm not saying it is because i find it ...crude.  But hey, they might be trying to be friendly idk.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 02:19:50 am »
i know where you're coming from with the hating crying.
also i'm diagnosed with Anxiety, Autism, and ADHD too but that has NO place in here.

i hate crying myself, and i hate being comforted. i prefer being alone when i'm having a mental breakdown or a complete meltdown.

i'm not even a teenager yet, though very close, but i've had my fair share of hormones and mood swings.

i get much worse after my own mother comes into my room to check up on me. it makes me feel weak.

but this is not about me. this is about what you are going through.

sadly, these "strict realism" people are an extremely common thing in FeralHeart. though never becoming a victim of them yet, i have known some friends
who have fallen victim.

they have their own ways of playing, and try to shove their ways onto others. it's not right to me.

please, if this happens again, talk to me. explain to me what happened and i will try my darn hardest to make you feel better.
i'll write a story, draw a picture, anything.

i know you're stronger than them. you can overcome anything coming your way. even if you don't think so yourself, it is very true.
you just have to have a little hope. i know it might sound hard, but i believe you can overcome these bullies.

please come talk to me if you need someone who will understand. i hate to see people being bullied/harassed as you call it.

Krankheit

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 02:34:58 am »
Flippy, i'm so sorry to hear that you've been dealing with this. And I'm even more sorry that it's making you feel like you want to leave the game. It sounds like it's been very troubling for you so I hope I can clear your mind a bit.

From what i've seen from you ingame, I get a very positive impression from. You've been very friendly and kind-hearted towards those around you. Because of that, it seems strange that there are a few users that want to pinpoint you and say suggest that you're rude or bitter. However as some form of reassurance, there are quite a few users that deal with harassment and the negative attention from others in this game, much like you are. I see a lot of bullying, name-calling, harassment and forms of trolling in local chat and I can safely say that I don't think you are being targeted yourself. At least to me it really doesn't seem like it. The trolls and troublemakers like to select a person and start to provoke them in local chat for everyone to see. It is best to not take this sort of nonsense behavior of theirs to heart. Most of the time when it's said in the public chat,  they are looking to make a scene out of what they are doing. They'll say something that upsets another person, or, that they think will upset another person, to spark a reaction to it and thusfore, create drama and attention while having an audience. If they think they managed to "latch" onto someone and made them upset in one way or another, they might try to continue to harass that person so the situation escalates. A lot of the times, they like to make their attacks seem personal and confrontational so that way they get a stronger reaction out of the person they are attacking as well. So it might seem like they're making it about you, but in fact, they are just trying to make their impact that much more powerful and fun for them. The bullies and trolls of any community don't care if what they're saying is true, accurate or even fair to say. They will just say what they need to say to ignite a catastrophe for everyone to see. Usually, the reasons for this are that they're bored or just want attention. Most of the time it is also merely for fun  because, sickeningly enough, we deal with people that enjoy hurting others in any way they can just because they want to. They don't care about the feelings of the person, they just want to wreak some havoc.

With this all in mind, I highly recommend not taking it personally and trying to keep in mind that they're probably just seeking attention. I don't want you to feel discouraged in any way. So if it seems more like you are being personally attacked by a few people persistently rather than a mere troll, I recommend blocking them and sending us a report of the evidence if you feel the harassment has exceded the rules in one way or another.

This community should feel like another home for you, not a place where you don't feel welcome or feel like you are being treated unfairly. It isn't right, but fortunately there is things we can do for it.

Take care <3

I know, I know. It's people like you and like the rest in this thread trying to help me out is why I can't leave. This game has so much nostalgia for me and although changed greatly, there's still a lot of similarities. The community has changed greatly, but I'm happy to say that the majority of it has been very kind. Although, the trolls seem to be more verbal simply because everybody rounds up in the Grounds nowadays.

Still, as much as I want to go with your words and Cosmo's-- I'm an emotional wreck. I can't help but be hurt by every little thing. Honestly, I keep telling myself to use the Spongebob mocking meme against them but I get too choked up to type. I usually end up leaving the map or going somewhere away from them to not cause a fight-- nor feed them with a reaction other than leaving. Most of the time they don't even notice I disappeared.

My friend I've known for five years refuses to come on this game. She will on rare occasions but we never have the fun we used to have like the old times. She won't roleplay and she's afraid of speaking in Local. Why? So many people have called her characters sparkletards, too bright, ugly, and more. Anytime she'd speak as the character Sonic the Hedgehog she'd be hated on because everybody on this game despises Sonic for some reason. She keeps her characters that she's made from day one-- when she was what? Eleven or twelve? It holds good memories to her and she likes playing as them but the colors are unrealistic-- though it looks beautiful in my opinion. She's actually become fearful of chatting in Local and refuses to go on those characters unless I beg her. I feel awful because she's my best friend and made me love this game from the very beginning but... ugh. She's more harassed than me, actually.

Thank you, Morgra. The community is having sort of a puberty stage, honestly. There's good and bad waves. Overtime I'll learn to deal with it but I can't leave this game-- it has me chained. I simply can't leave my friends, either. There's some good left and if I have to dig for it-- I will.

I highly doubt that. I don't know anybody besides a third grader who would call somebody names to have a friendly conversation. Especially since all they say is that I'm salty, I look hideous, or anything else and then continue talking to their friends.

//Googles how to strangle people over the internet

You'd be surprised.  In my country people will throw rocks at you from across the street and scream obscenities as an introduction and then start babbling in rap music language as if they think i can understand them.  That's how they think being friendly works.   I'm not saying it is because i find it ...crude.  But hey, they might be trying to be friendly idk.

That's somewhat hilarious and somewhat concerning.

i know where you're coming from with the hating crying.
also i'm diagnosed with Anxiety, Autism, and ADHD too but that has NO place in here.

i hate crying myself, and i hate being comforted. i prefer being alone when i'm having a mental breakdown or a complete meltdown.

i'm not even a teenager yet, though very close, but i've had my fair share of hormones and mood swings.

i get much worse after my own mother comes into my room to check up on me. it makes me feel weak.

but this is not about me. this is about what you are going through.

sadly, these "strict realism" people are an extremely common thing in FeralHeart. though never becoming a victim of them yet, i have known some friends
who have fallen victim.

they have their own ways of playing, and try to shove their ways onto others. it's not right to me.

please, if this happens again, talk to me. explain to me what happened and i will try my darn hardest to make you feel better.
i'll write a story, draw a picture, anything.

i know you're stronger than them. you can overcome anything coming your way. even if you don't think so yourself, it is very true.
you just have to have a little hope. i know it might sound hard, but i believe you can overcome these bullies.

please come talk to me if you need someone who will understand. i hate to see people being bullied/harassed as you call it.

I cannot thank you enough. I'm better now and hoping to fall into a random Local role-play by the lake in the grounds... but the wolf here is crying blood so that might not be the best option. Interesting to read, though.

I'll heed your words. My friends tend to stand up at some points if somebody is clearly being rude to me. Though, they can't do much about the random spurts of claiming I'm the God of salt! It is what it is. I can only hope it gets better.

Summeralla

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 03:30:50 pm »
Oh my, that's terrible. I'm sorry you're experiencing this.

For people to think you're mean and rude, just means they're jealous. All i can say is ignore them and just block them, or report them.

Krankheit

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 12:54:23 am »
"Flippy you're on here everyday and you're annoying"

It never fails. I go with my friends by the ledge. I have fun and mind my own business-- simply having a good time with friends! But no. Am I banished to the lake forever where I can only see my friends talk and nobody else? Fine.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:56:36 am by Krankheit »

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2017, 01:21:58 am »
"Flippy you're on here everyday and you're annoying"

It never fails. I go with my friends by the ledge. I have fun and mind my own business-- simply having a good time with friends! But no. Am I banished to the lake forever where I can only see my friends talk and nobody else? Fine.

noooo!

i'm so sorry, Krank!

you really do not deserve this treatment.

please, try to ignore them. don't show aany reaction to them.

...if you want, i can come on and hang out with you? would that help?

Krankheit

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2017, 08:23:30 am »
It's fine, thank you. I know they're an obvious troll because they did the same thing to multiple people. But then everything went haywire when somebody got triggered over the word "trigger". Anyway, I'm probably going to live at the lake for good so there's no need to come sit by me. At least I can get into or watch some role plays.

Thank you, though.

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 12:08:25 am »
Dont worry i have this issue at school every single day by the girls. But most of us dont want to make you leave..
Ask why they are doing this?
*omgimsosorryimterribleatmakingpeoplefeelbetter*
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 12:26:22 am by Hindenburg »