Author Topic: what happened to kovulkd? does anyone know?  (Read 4623 times)

Offline shamo

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • it me
    • shamoozer
    • View Profile
what happened to kovulkd? does anyone know?
« on: June 05, 2017, 04:26:19 pm »
im sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum and i hope i havent broken any rules but this is just something i've always wondered.
what in the world happened to kovulkd?
i know he made feral lands a little while ago but after that has there been any known activity from him? does anybody but he himself know?
curious because it seems like he just vanished.
i know he has a life and he's probably moved on but y'know. just a thought.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: what happened to kovulkd? does anyone know?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 04:30:58 pm »
I don't believe anyone knows what KovuLKD is up to, and where he might be, other than his friends. I do believe many people can agree with you when you think he "just vanished," but it may even be so that he pops in and around gaming communities with a different name or a different identity altogether. Perhaps he has moved on, or perhaps he's making something else, but it's a mystery to some of us.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 04:33:38 pm »
Honestly, no one truly knows the answer to this question as he left with no trace of anything. He never said goodbye, he never said where he was going or what he was going to do next etc. He literally just got up and left. The only sign we've had from him being active was on Facebook, in 2014. He created a post in regards to his 'big return', and released a Facebook game which was a 2 dimentional Feral Heart. Which is pretty sloppy for a 'big return'. Only, after a week or so, it became very faulty and it was later taken down. He then disappeared again. There is no accurate answer to this question, only that he left with no notice to any of the Staff who were moderating the game back then. He didn't even bother leaving Staff with the source code either, so Feral Heart could go ahead and make proper updates to the game, and possibly 'hire' experienced game developers to do so, instead of only being able to add/remove/replace things like maps/meshes/items which you could already do. As well as replace other things in general.

Sorry there is no true and accurate answer to why he left. We all just do not know.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 04:36:02 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline shamo

• Curious Wanderer
  • it me
    • shamoozer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 06:06:37 pm »
that's alright. thanks for your answers. i can't help but kinda hope he might be planning something big like a comeback or something, but the possibility of him moving on from this community seems more viable. but hey, who knows.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 06:11:09 pm by shamo »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 06:17:50 pm »
It has been many years, I myself have decided not to get my hopes up in thoughts of him creating something "Bigger" and "Better", as FH was his Bigger and Better. The only thing I notice is that users didn't worship down to his feet whenever he was around, or not as much as they used to, as they would in the Impressive Title game. He had a lot of glory back then. Maybe he got bored of not having attention. These are just theories, but don't take my word for it. Hopefully more games like Feral Heart will arise, other than the cheapskate copies of Impressive Title. Usually made by people who do want attention/want to be worshiped in some way themselves. People tend to grow bad personalities through doing that.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 08:46:55 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 07:05:09 pm »
Maybe he got bury in real life.  That can soak up time and prevent people working on hobby projects.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline shamo

• Curious Wanderer
  • it me
    • shamoozer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 02:54:09 pm »
yeah, honestly i think he's moved on. i still kinda wish we knew why he left so suddenly, but oh well. maybe he never left the source code because he liked fh how it was and he didn't want any major changes to come? who knows.