Author Topic: I never did introduce myself...  (Read 1331 times)

Toru

I never did introduce myself...
« on: May 09, 2011, 07:57:03 pm »
I've been wandering around FH for a while now, but I never actually did a formal introduction. So hello, my name is Toru; I'm a 19 year old contract illustrator (of sorts... I'm actually just a hippie bum with a fancy title haha) working my way towards Uni in the Fall. Blonde, blue-eyed, and 5'8". I'm pretty into console gaming, specifically Xbox (The Dragon Age titles, Fable III, Red Dead Redemption, and Halo top my list) but I do play Wii a bit. I'm an outdoors enthusiast and lov eto go hiking with my 4.5 year old Schipperke, Suki. I've been on dA for five years (Toru-Inu) and recently joined FA (same username) at the urging of my friend and expanded into anthro art. Anthro anatomy took some getting used to, but I'm starting to get the hang out it. Mostly I just play FH as my fursona, but I do have a few other characters and I'll probably create a few more as time goes by.

So without further ado, my characters:

Toru
Female Siberian Husky

Sometimes I'll give her hair, but typically I don't. She can be drawn both ways.
At the withers she is 23 inches, making her slightly oversized for a female Husky (this is to correspond with my being taller than most female humans).
Her actual markings: http://www.furaffinity.net/full/5479967/ (I don't have an actual finished reference piece unfortunately).
Her left ear is folded over at the tip due to cartilage death (in rl I had the cartilage in my ear pierced, and my body reacted badly to it and the cartilage actually did die. It's not very noticeable but the top of my ear does fold just a tiny bit).

Suki
Female Schipperke

This is my rl dog. 12 inches at the withers and 12 lbs, she's about a small as Schipperkes get before being below the breed standard.

Akili
Male Lion

I had an idea for a male lion, so I went with it. I don't really have any sort of story for him, but he sure is cute and I'll probably age him as time goes by ^-^
He's adventurous yet somewhat clumsy, which was what caused his ears to get a bit torn up. He looks like a scrapper, but he's actually rather shy and tries to avoid confrontations if possible.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 08:01:38 pm by Toru »

JazzForLife

Re: I never did introduce myself...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 08:02:51 pm »
Welcome to FH!
Yes, I like to draw also. I'm extremely new to anthro art, and it is giving me a hard time. But, I've learned to not compare myself to others and keep practicing. Glad you're getting the hang of it. Nice fursona, by the way.

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 08:24:44 pm »
Hi there! ^^ Welcome to FH! Gorgeous character btw. C:

Toru

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 04:02:23 am »
Thanks for the compliments ^-^

I've downloaded some custom maps, but I'm afraid I don't know how to go about transporting to them. Is there a key I press to toggle a maps list?

Offline Daykali

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • Daykali's dA
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 04:53:21 am »
Hey there,

Welcome to FH! I hope you enjoy the forum as well as much as the game.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 03:20:00 pm »
Hello there Toru! <3

I love your chars, especially your Lion!
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

JazzForLife

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 07:32:50 pm »
Toru, all you have to do is go to the Cape of Distant Worlds. All you downloaded maps will be located there with a portal so you can jump in them. How to get there: Bonfire Island>Ficho Tunnel>Flourite Plains(Just go straight, there'l be an island with a portal on it)>And wala, Cape of Distant Worlds. C:

Offline Presea

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Alvin
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart Account
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 07:49:07 pm »
Welcome to FH! I hope you enjoy the site! And see you in other forums! ^^