Author Topic: Nicolette's Character Index  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Nicolette

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Nicolette's Character Index
« on: February 12, 2018, 06:54:53 am »
NICOLETTE'S CHARACTER INDEX

Character Counter: 1/100

Welcome to my collection of rp characters.
Most of them will have a preset of some sort, so I'll be sure to attach photos of them along with any art I have of them.
The character counter is just for fun to see how many characters I currently have in-game. I heard the limit was around 100. Pretty sure I won't hit that, haha.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
 1. The Jade Fox [current post]

THE JADE FOX

click on image to see larger version
Jade's Preset

"A statue of chiseled jade, dimensions equal to that of a standard red fox. Those who know of it understand that it is an ancient relic, the sculptor unknown. The Jade Fox carries a scroll within its belly, of which it is fiercely protective of. Sometimes, the fox remembers their mischievous nature, playing jokes on unfortunate passerby."

Memories are hazy, unfocused, often mud compared to the fresher recollections of times after the scroll came into its possession. One thing that's clear is that the statue knows it was not always a statue. Flashes of half-remembered relationships, family and even places that have long since fallen cross its mind, filling it up with a sense of regret it absolutely hates. The brightest memories are the ones involving a sister, a mother, a summer in the forest. There are times when it feels especially melancholic, so much so that it yearns to tell somebody, if they'll listen. Other days that sadness becomes a harsh wheel of wrath and jealousy spinning in its stomach. Those days are often when it gets into trouble.

The other scrollbearers seem to resent the fox. Because it was not meant to be carrying this scroll, because now that it does, it can't seem to bring itself to give the thing away. This is its charge, and without it, it wouldn't be an immortal. It will never leave it behind, not without a fight. They claim that the scrolls are divine blessings, but the fox could only laugh to this. It already knew something the others still couldn't grasp, even after all these centuries. That these scrolls were not gifts, but eternal punishment in exchange for eternal life.

The only thing left to do was return home.

nicolette notes: Made to test my and other's patience. Jade's the first character I felt comfortable enough to bring into FH. I don't know what that says about me.
We have no past, we won't reach back.
Keep with me forward all through the night.

Character Index

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
Re: Nicolette's Character Index
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 06:05:03 pm »
Jade is beautiful, I have done a lot of rp with people and I have not seen a character quite like them before. Good work with making OCs!

Offline Nicolette

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 08:06:25 pm »
@ShadowMT13, Thank you very much! I really appreciate that. I always hope I'm making ocs that have some stand out features, so that comment made my day to read.

Character Index

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 08:14:08 pm »
Glad to hear and yes Jade does have some stand out features for one the use of what is basically a statue becoming sentient I have never seen people try rping, another is the fact that you used a creature that I believe I have read about in Japanese and Chinese mythology, but it is lesser known, the more common rp character from Japanese mythology I have seen are of course Kitsune (Mythical foxes with multiple tails) and Neko (Cat boys/girls). No one ever seemed to try this before or at least not in any rps I have participated in.

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 09:03:35 pm »
that character is absolutely gorgeous! I love her colors ;o;

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 09:08:13 pm »
My gosh, your character is beautiful! <3 Her history is very unique and intriguing, as well.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 10:53:40 pm »
aw man that's a beauty! i love the artwork and the preset, they have such an elegance to them,, i hope she gets home ooo
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline Nicolette

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 10:57:08 pm »
@ShadowMT13, Are you referring to Inari fox statues? That was the closest thing I could find to be honest when searching up fox mythology (aside from a heap of nine-tailed foxes).

@Valar.Morghulis, Thank you so much! It took me awhile to choose the colors, but I wanted the preset to look handpainted. I hope it conveyed that.

@Warriorstrike, Thank you. Haha, I've had this character for a long time. They're part of a much larger narrative and I plan on introducing more characters from it eventually.

@MyVindication, Thank you! I appreciate it a lot. It's my first finished preset.

Character Index

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 11:36:24 pm »
I really really love this character. The preset especially. Very unique!

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 12:13:39 am »
I don't think I've ever seen a character quite like this before. I love the different hues of blue; they blend really well together and the history is intriguing. Thanks for sharing! <3
not active here anymore ♡