Author Topic: Feral Heart keeps crashing  (Read 5885 times)

Offline snuggypink

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • pink and ready for action
    • drawingsforfun
    • Muddy Puppy
    • snuggypink
    • View Profile
    • Snuggy on DoE
Re: Feral Heart keeps crashing
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 08:14:02 pm »
Having the same issue- I thought it was just my computer since this happened last year.
Kinda glad it's not just me this time though! I uninstalled everything as well and FH crashes just after the black code window pops up.
I heard the server is going to be reset soon though?
In other news I can enter the old versions of FH and FH+ just fine, it seems that just the new version is having trouble
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 01:20:56 am by snuggypink »

I need some floofs please TT-TT

Offline Wolfgirl2006

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 07:30:56 am »
So, Is that it then? Have I lost it forever? Or is there anything else I could do? If there is anything else please tell me because I have already been off feral heart for way too long (1 month) Dx.... I srsly miss it...

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 10:52:43 am »
I've been off Feralheart for 2 years before I came back. :\

You should try changing the Rendering Subsystem.

Also update your video card drivers.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:57:02 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Wolfgirl2006

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 06:52:11 pm »
I have opened feral heart with both rendering subsystems and it still won't work either way. I have no idea what to try next. Now I just want to know how this happened. Before it started to crash repeatedly, I saw no signs of problems or anything weird happening to the game. So I am so confused as to how this occurred in the first place. Is there anything else I can do or is there something else in the rendering subsystem I need to change?

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 08:37:19 am »
I think maybe an alteration of your Video Mode (resolution of the FeralHeart window) could possibly help with the crashing. That or we could see if you still are experiencing the crashing issue after the resize. You will need to shrink the window size. Here is how to do that:

How to change the size of your UI: Go to C:\FeralHeart\ogre.cfg and open the ogre.cfg file in Notepad. You should get something that looks like this:
Code: [Select]
Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]
Colour Depth=32
Display Frequency=N/A
FSAA=4
Full Screen=No
RTT Preferred Mode=FBO
VSync=No
VSync Interval=1
Video Mode=1600 x 1024
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]
Allow NVPerfHUD=No
FSAA=None
Floating-point mode=Fastest
Full Screen=No
VSync=No
Video Mode=800 x 600 @ 32-bit colour
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No

What you will need to do is, under the [OpenGL Rendering Subsystem] and the [Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem] sections where it states "Video Mode= (width resolution value) x (height resolution value)", change those numbers to a lower value. I would recommend trying 800 x 600 to start out with, or even smaller if you think that would help for testing purposes since I believe the default value upon fresh install is 800 x 600. Once you are finished typing in the Video Mode values on both Rendering Subsystems, save the file and run the game.

If the issue still persists, it is likely a problem with hardware. Before we look for possible hardware solutions, I would recommend doing a complete reinstall of the game again, as this is a common solution to crashing issues. But when you try it again, make sure to delete your FeralHeart folder completely to make sure there aren't any residual files left over from the old installation incase they could be corrupted somehow and causing the crashing.

Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Wolfgirl2006

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2017, 07:32:12 pm »
800 x 600 is what the default size of the screen is set as. I have tried it with both OpenGL and Direct3D9, and it still wont work. Is there anything else I can try changing?

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 07:56:39 pm »
- Try changing your width resolution value and your height resolution value to a lower value than 800 x 600. Try with 640 x 480.
- Try running FeralHeart as administrator. You can do this by right-clicking on your FeralHeart shortcut on your Dekstop.
- Check again for double particles. Right click on the FH shortcut/icon on your dekstop and then click "Open File Location". Go to the folder named "media" and then to the folder named "particles". If you see any file ending with _0, _1, _2 or _3 - make sure to delete it.
- Make sure to have DirectX installed. If you don't have it (there's a chance you already have it), download it from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Searse

• Curious Wanderer
    • blackairborn
    • siaphra
    • XxBlackAirbornxX
    • BlackAirbornx
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 03:27:49 am »
Oh thank goodness for that ^^ I've never reinstalled anything before, so I do not have a clue how to uninstall and reinstall FH. I'm not very good with that stuff. So if you could tell me how to that would be great. Thanks!
To Uninstall feralheart open the Control Panel on your computer. (This differs from the pc version) Ex: Windows 7 Windows 10. Now there should be a section that says Programs and right under it says "Uninstall a program" and click on that. Now search up Feralheart on the search bar and it should pop up. Now hover your mouse over Feralheart version 1.15 and right click. Then click Uninstall and proceed with uninstallation.

Offline Wolfgirl2006

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 09:10:25 pm »
I have tried changing all the rendering system options, all the sizes of the screen resolutions, but I'm still having the same issue over and over again. I try going into the game almost everyday now. It is starting to look hopeless 😩. I have tried looking for particle folders and have spotted a few with numbers- but not at the ending of the word. Do I need to delete these? (Sorry for not replying for so long)

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 10:15:01 pm »
I have tried changing all the rendering system options, all the sizes of the screen resolutions, but I'm still having the same issue over and over again. I try going into the game almost everyday now. It is starting to look hopeless 😩. I have tried looking for particle folders and have spotted a few with numbers- but not at the ending of the word. Do I need to delete these? (Sorry for not replying for so long)

Vespian wants to say, "Yes," but I could be mistaken. Me's looked into my own particles folder and me sees no numbered files so, quite possibly, yes. It won't hurt to try but be sure to save copies over in a separate folder outside of the FH folder as a precautionary measure.
gone