Poll

Do you think "I'll KILL you!" is overused?

Yes
28 (96.6%)
No
1 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Why does it always have to be "Kill"?  (Read 4095 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Why does it always have to be "Kill"?
« on: September 08, 2013, 12:58:28 am »
"If you don't get out of my territory I will kill you!"
"Stay away from my cubs, or I kill you!"
"If you don't be mates with my son, I will kill you!"
"If I catch you on my turf again I will kill you!"
"I KILL you!"

Why is it that whenever someone threatens another character in this game, it's always got to be the "kill" threat? Is it supposed to be the most intimidating threat? Should I be scared for my character's life?  ::)
Okay, being serious now... is there anyone here who gets sick of hearing this line? Do you think it's over-used? I know it's mostly just an empty threat in a roleplay, but I think it's used too much. Why is it that most charactrs want to resort to that kind of violence instead of doing something different?
Inactive

ThrillexForLife

Re: Why does it always have to be "Kill"?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 01:06:16 am »
Probably to bring up entertainment? xD I don't know, but I understand you here. I really do find it annoying, but I think people just say it in mostly in roleplays. It's probably their favorite word. xD I, myself, really don't use the word 'Kill' a lot. It really just stupid and just not fun if you're roleplaying. :\ I just think people use the word because their just kids, no offense. You know kids are just young and have nothing else to say, but that word... :/ If you know what I mean. So they probably don't have anything else in mind. (Have you guys every notice it mostly the kids (13 years old or younger). Yeah, it probably just a habit. xD

Offline Wildfang1

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 01:07:24 am »
I am new, so it really hasn't been done to me yet. I am constantly on the move though too, so I don't stay long in an area anyway.
I think it's kind of a stupid thing to say 'kill' for everything you do, especially if they threaten to 'kill' you for not being mates with their kid.  ::)
Why don't people just chase others out of 'their territory' or let them pass through the area, but only for that one time.
I guess it is just easier for them to say 'kill' than think of an alternative.

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 01:22:04 am »
I don't know why people do this. I mean, some people are just protecting their pups/cubs but for one simple mistake for crossing their 'territory'? But trying to murder your innocent character because you won't be mates with their daughter/son? That is stupid and immature. Overall I don't like people who use the word 'kill' everytime someone simply does something minor, like touch their cubs or something. Did it kill them? No. Did it poison them? No (unless you are a rattlesnake or something).

I guess it is just easier for them to say 'kill' than think of an alternative.

Offline Stargatefan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • Someday, I will marry space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 01:57:45 am »
Hey: I'm 11 and I don't use the word 'kill' in every. Single. Sentence. When. Someone. Is. Interrupting. A. Role. Play. But seriously, if someone finds on 'their territory' and says, "GET OFF MY TERRITORY OR I'LL KILL YOU!" it's just like, "You can't kill me...it's FeralHeart, not Call of Duty." *eyeroll*
     -Stargate

Check it:
Wattpad: @Starla-Larla
Ao3: Starla_Larla
Tumblr: this-is-the-starla-tag.tumblr.com
In-game: Stargatefan

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 02:39:39 am »
It is a rather stupid threat sometimes, and saying "kill" like that isn't unique nor does it match a character's personality all the time. It's best if it's in roleplay you say something that could match the character's personality for battles and threats, but not everyone's a professional in roleplay. Though, that's only my suggestion instead of threatening to kill.

Take Warrior Cats, for example. In another turn, they in fact do threaten to kill in the books in a different said way but they don't actually kill. Some times it's just threatening to "shred" you. Though, blurting out "kill" like that... does get rather old. >.>

In other words I have to agree, it is a bit overused. Utter anger may cause a character to say to another out of hatred, but just blurting it out like that isn't really the best thing for roleplay in my opinion... Now you pointed it out.

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 03:34:25 am »
This doesn't annoy me so much anymore, now it's more of an old joke to me. The only time this really gets on my nerves is in a Warrior Cat RP. Me being a fan of the series myself I know the general guidelines the characters follow, one of the rules being;
"An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his/her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense."

Now, when do Warrior Cat Rpers ever consider this when RolePlaying? I've rarely seen it at all actually, and it's one of my pet peeves when someone roleplays a fanfiction incorrectly. Why can't you just threaten to severely wound or maim a tresspasser/enemy? X3

On another note, I actually find it funny when I purposely have my character wander back through the threatener's range, just to run around them in circles as they chase after me. Can't kill a moving target with c aws! :D

Offline Stargatefan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • Someday, I will marry space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 03:56:18 am »
Warrior, you troll you o3o
Eeyup. SHADDUP IMMA KILL YEW -stabs with razor sharp claws then rips out guts and feeds buzzards with the meat of ur rotting bloody carcass-
Above is a fine example of Godmodding. *cough* fine and refined indeed, no gore at all *cough*
     -Stargate

Check it:
Wattpad: @Starla-Larla
Ao3: Starla_Larla
Tumblr: this-is-the-starla-tag.tumblr.com
In-game: Stargatefan

Offline KizzaBabay

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Shoot-For-The-Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 05:28:59 am »
Sometimes the younger ages that are playing this game say do ect. or I will kill you because they think it makes them seem scary or dangerous. I find it quite irratating when people make that threat, mainly when they do not know how to fight. :S
KizzaBabay <3

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 03:00:11 pm »
Image © Mikita Kavalenka