Author Topic: Can't Make New Markings.  (Read 1109 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Can't Make New Markings.
« on: March 08, 2017, 05:42:09 am »
On both my new laptop and my old laptop, after I've downloaded legendary markings, it doesn't really let me put new markings in. It works on the original marking.cfg but not the new one.

Everything works except the marking doesn't look like what I made. It's just one of the vanilla markings (I think, but it's one of them). It shows up in the list, names are correct, everything, and it even works when I put it in the old marking.cfg and try it, but just not in the legendary marking.cfg.

Anyone else having this error or know a way to fix it? I wanna make custom markings and use legendary markings at the same time so badly, maybe release my own marking pack someday if I can get it working.

Thanks for viewing!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Can't Make New Markings.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 05:47:42 am »
There is a limit to the number of markings you can have. The Legendary Markings pack is right at the limit, I believe, which is why markings you're trying to make are showing up as the default ones
Farewell everyone<3

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 05:57:15 am »
There is a limit to the number of markings you can have. The Legendary Markings pack is right at the limit, I believe, which is why markings you're trying to make are showing up as the default ones

But shouldn't it not show up on the list if there is a limit? If there is room for more markings, even if they just show up as default markings, why not add the marking in normally? What even is the purpose of having a limit to markings?

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 07:49:55 am »
Legend has it the list of markings display starts repeating from the beginning when it reaches the end.  It might be a limit in the coding rather than an enforced limit.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 07:53:23 am »
But why make the coding then? Unless the game's code forces it and no one can change it no mater what, source code or not.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 08:19:10 am »
But why make the coding then? Unless the game's code forces it and no one can change it no mater what, source code or not.

I'm assuming this requires the source code. There are a lot of issues such as this one that the source code is needed to resolve. If we had the means, this would have probably been already fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hope you're able to find a workaround.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 08:32:24 am »
I've seen IT's source code, you can find it on KITO. I've tried making a IT server, which is why I know roughly what the source code would do. Basically, it sets things like maximum items on a character, how many party members can be in a party, and it wouldn't surprise me if there is a max marking amount.

Now if only we could find a code that let us put on multiple markings like items...

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 11:38:42 am »
I am afraid there is not much you can do. KovuLKD has not decided to make
FeralHeart an opensource, meaning no one besides him has access to the source code.
As an alternative, you could always replace a few of the Legendary markings
with your own. I am sure there are some markings you never use.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 11:49:11 am »
I am afraid there is not much you can do. KovuLKD has not decided to make
FeralHeart an opensource, meaning no one besides him has access to the source code.
As an alternative, you could always replace a few of the Legendary markings
with your own. I am sure there are some markings you never use.

I wish he left at least staff with the source code. Why did he leave in the first place? Either way, there are a lot of amazing things the FH community has done that I wonder would of been done if KovuLKD was still here, but there could of been even more done with him here.

And I wouldn't want to replace any current markings because other people use them too, and it'd be weird seeing a character wearing my marking when everyone else sees a different marking. I wouldn't want to ruin someone's character like that.

Anyways, there are plenty of IT servers to play on and maybe someone could even make markings for them... That is not me asking for someone to be a helper for my server or me asking to help someone's server. XD

I think we can say this problem has been solved though, so staff is free to lock it. Thank you all for replying.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 11:58:37 am »
I'll go ahead and lock this since the question was answered. Sorry about the marking limit, it is indeed disappointing that we cannot change something like that.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.