Poll

There is just 2 options for mods, read my post and then vote.

I want Unity3D. I want shaders, i want custom characters.
16 (72.7%)
I dont want shaders and custom characters. I want all mods under game controll.
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: September 20, 2017, 03:18:33 pm

Author Topic: Feral Heart in Unity Engine  (Read 23240 times)

Offline Deanaczech

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Don't touch my lion!
    • deanqa
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart in Unity Engine
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2017, 06:43:39 pm »
Of course i want to talk with stuff but i cant come to them and say "hey, i will make game that can replace old FeralHeart, is better, bigger, faster, epic IGN 10/10, lets talk about it without any proof i can really do that".. i make it once while i was younger and i dont want to make that mistake again :D So i must build something first and then i can show it to them. By law, is perfectly fine what i do even if i will release it myself and say that i do all of this witch i reaaallly dont want to.. (becouse all rights hold only Kovu and noone know where he is :/ and other law things that i really dont want to say here... ). I made it for this community and i will hold it for this community. I promise that and i will not take it back :D
But becouse you think its good way to move, my GF admires you and i need to do it anyway, i will talk to them... but im pretty nervous about that :D

Dont be nervous!
They will be kind, and they are really good to talk to ;)

Do i know your GF by the way? xD
No, you don't know me. But I know u about a long time and I admire you. xD

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2017, 09:25:35 am »
I've been stalking this thread and watching the progress for quite a while and I must say it's quite alluring in what you've made so far. I hope you continue to progress with your project and that the Staff can give a thumbs-up to this. However, I can't say I'll end up playing much of this myself (if released) as I do prefer the way FH currently is, and by the looks of it - with all of the shadows and alterations made - there will probably be quite a bit of lag, and those who already experience the lagspikes in the current FeralHeart game will probably experience much more of it in this version.
Kind of reminds me of FH+ though, would love to see if a download for this game, when complete, is put up on the Downloads page.

A good suggestion could be to fiddle with the default animations, maybe come up with something as, a lot of people use downloaded animations due to a disliking to the premade ones. Would be nice to see a change. :>

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2017, 07:20:28 pm »
I've been stalking this thread and watching the progress for quite a while and I must say it's quite alluring in what you've made so far. I hope you continue to progress with your project and that the Staff can give a thumbs-up to this. However, I can't say I'll end up playing much of this myself (if released) as I do prefer the way FH currently is, and by the looks of it - with all of the shadows and alterations made - there will probably be quite a bit of lag, and those who already experience the lagspikes in the current FeralHeart game will probably experience much more of it in this version.
Kind of reminds me of FH+ though, would love to see if a download for this game, when complete, is put up on the Downloads page.

A good suggestion could be to fiddle with the default animations, maybe come up with something as, a lot of people use downloaded animations due to a disliking to the premade ones. Would be nice to see a change. :>

Dont forget that FH as IT run on an VERY old and highly outdated Ogre engine. Thats the main reason even with these simplyfied meshes in FH, the game can tend to lagg.
But unity is a completely different engine that probably can improve everything way better than the old ogre engine ;)

But you are kind of right. Everyone has different specs on their computers and some might have lag even with another engine running on FH.

@Deanaczech
I apreciate this so much xD Even if i dont know you!

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2017, 02:03:00 am »
If you kept working on this, what about presets that have sounds?  Like, assign your own sounds for the walk, run & howl/roar ect?  But the sounds come as separate files so you can mute or remove them, if they were built in to the preset itself it's be exploited with annoying noises
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Deanaczech

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Don't touch my lion!
    • deanqa
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2017, 02:03:33 pm »
@Tigg Hah xD

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2017, 07:50:25 am »
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:36:46 pm by Alphabet »

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2017, 10:49:55 pm »
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:36:54 pm by Alphabet »

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2017, 01:15:57 pm »
That's not too bad! I need to dust off the little knowledge I have of C# and learn more so I'm prepared for this, haha.

With the source available, it's inevitable for it to become similar to IT, which means some servers will have more added species. If some players prefer to stay with canine and feline only, they can simply find or create a server that only has those two species available.

I dont think athert will share his source code, lol. He tries to do the game by himself, not offering the whole code to anyone, but implementing features so you can add things by yourself.
That is a huge difference :)

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2017, 05:05:06 pm »
Oh nej o:
That's unfortunate that you came up on this problem ~!

Whatever the result is, you still have my support for this project. You already came too far for this and the work / progress truly shows how much you care to make this work.

So best luck to you when it comes to that decision, for when the community decides. It's nice that you would include the community as a whole for something like this <3

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2017, 06:33:42 am »
That's not too bad! I need to dust off the little knowledge I have of C# and learn more so I'm prepared for this, haha.

With the source available, it's inevitable for it to become similar to IT, which means some servers will have more added species. If some players prefer to stay with canine and feline only, they can simply find or create a server that only has those two species available.

I dont think athert will share his source code, lol. He tries to do the game by himself, not offering the whole code to anyone, but implementing features so you can add things by yourself.
That is a huge difference :)

My apologies. I thought I read somewhere in the thread that he would share the source. I suppose I am mistaken.

EDIT:

I re-read the entire thread to double check and it seems it was your post that confused me. I was reading quickly the first time and figured it was about sharing the source code, but it seems I was wrong. You were referring to the source code of the engine itself, no...?

But how do you plan to solve the issue that the free unity version wont offer access to the source code and the online player limit is 20 user at the same time?
I once looked into that myself, and only the pro versions, which cost a good amount of money, allow full access to the source + being able to have multiplayer over the amount of 20 players at a time.

Hope you dont use a ripped off version that got cracked thou. cause that would cause a lot of trouble.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:38:29 pm by Alphabet »