Author Topic: Can't Get Past Opening Credits -Fixed-  (Read 1383 times)

Offline wasp_in_a_jar

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Can't Get Past Opening Credits -Fixed-
« on: August 06, 2011, 03:50:33 am »
All right, so every time I open the game, it goes through the two opening credits, but then it freaks out and says that "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working".  I was wondering if this is a problem with my game or if others might be experiencing this as well?  I have already tried restarting my computer, but that has not worked.  Before attempting to open the game and finding the error message, I was messing around in Gimp, if that's any help.

I would greatly appreciate any help on the subject, I would. C:  I have the worst feeling that it's my game that's messed up, though. D:  I know they were doing something with the servers or something earlier, but that shouldn't have any effect on just getting to the log in screen, would it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All fixed!  By uninstalling, deleting, and reinstalling, it fixed itself. C:  Thanks for the advice. C:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 04:08:31 am by Wasp »

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Can't Get Past Opening Credits
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 03:54:08 am »
  I get the feeling you may have to uninstall your game, delete all the folders and such in the FeralHeart folder (Go to computer then local disk, it should be there) and then reinstall the game. Messing around in Gimp shouldn't affect the game in that way, so it would probably have no affect on the game unless you were using gimp to mess around with FH files, in which case it probably wouldn't do this as well.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline wasp_in_a_jar

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 03:56:37 am »
D:  That's what I was afraid of.  I have a semi-dumb question:  if I unistall, delete, and reinstall, will my characters still be there? xD  I just don't know if they are hosted locally or not. xD  Well, I was trying my hand at making a height map and terrain mask at the time, but I did not do anything to any original FH file, no.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 03:59:37 am »
  Your characters will be fine, they stay on the server, and are ;inked with your account. Deleting and reinstalling FH will not affect your characters at all.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline wasp_in_a_jar

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 04:00:36 am »
Thank you so much for the advice and answering my question. c:  I shall attempt it real quick. C: