Author Topic: FeralHeart map-making, crashing, meshes.. and much more problems. x.x  (Read 6972 times)

Offline Rauven

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
I have a few problems, haha.. T-T

Well, first off, I logged on saturday afternoon to make a map and FH was crashing. It'd do the same OGRE thing (as always), and I'd click 'yes', and it would crash before it got to the Kovu LKD picture/page.

Having no clue why it did that, I kept trying and got really mad lol. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it probably 3 times, before giving up. I then tried wiping out _everything_, so my maps, presets, meshes and all that stuff was gone. And.. it worked!

Cautiously, I downloaded all my maps again.. and it still worked, same with presets, then meshes.

Nope.

Didn't work. So I got mad again lol, and deleted all my meshes and asked my friends on FH for help. They told me to post a thread but I had one last option which was to try FH+. It was the same for that aswell, and all the ground is/was pitch black by the way. Also, it seems that on my other computer.. map-making with the Height Maps doesn't work. Terrain does, but it's just height. Because I make them in GIMP, and I'm making them the right way because I do the same on this comp, and the ground just stays the same. :c

Any solutions to the crashing, mesh (my_objects overall) not working and crashing my FH? Please, I really need to know.
It's starting to really irritate me too </3

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
Re: FeralHeart map-making, crashing, meshes.. and much more problems. x.x
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 05:55:59 am »
For one, a major cause of crashing etc related to meshs is due to particle files. Make sure u check your FeralHeart Particle folder, and that there are no duplicates of particles. If you have a duplicate then it wont start FH itll crash it. Anything duplicated will be like _0  or _1

If you have nothing to lose on FH, perhaps uninstall (make sure u remove the files that cant be removed with uninstall, so any leftovers after uninstalling) hen reinstall and see if it works.

Post a screenie of the Ogre message you are getting so me or Mods can see whats going on with your FeralHeart. As for texture problems on the ground, sounds as if ur missing the texture files, so it might be better to just reinstall FH anyways.

Offline Rauven

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:26:05 pm »
I don't have any duplicate particle folders.. I do have one downloaded particle called SakuraPetals..

Also, I got the FH+ terrain thing to work. My FH _only_ crashes if I go into map-maker and click on my meshes (they weren't wiped out of their little categories even though I deleted them off the my_objects folder.) that are there.

And if I put the meshes back in the folder, Fh crashes. :\

I really don't know what to do..

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 06:00:24 am »
I meant check that in your particle folder that u dont have duplicates of particle files. So example of ur Sakura petals sometimes can come out as  SakuraPetals_0. But if your game is crashing when you put ur meshs back in your folder its definitely one of the meshs. As you stated in first post that when u wiped everything it worked. so possibly the maps ur are downloading are 1.Wiping out a file that FH needs to read   2.That the particle file Sakura Petals is crashing your game if its placed somewhere wrong or changing ur weather file. Ive done this to myself before since i mess with Fh all the time it helps me figure out problems.

When i reinstalled FH one time due to a mesh problem crashing game, i learnt that i had to slowly add the files back into the mesh folder My_object. It appeared that i had particle files that duplicated ones that were in my Particles folder. Especially anything that came with FH in the first place if i had a semi duplicate just renamed differently it would crash it. I suggest either Forget about the meshs and find which ones work and wont crash you like i did, or reinstall FH and start fresh.

Sorry im not the greatest help atm since i cant be there to see whats happening clearly and investigating ^^;

livv

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 03:37:01 pm »
I'm sorry, if I haven't come to the right place, but i'm fairly new here and i've started a pack. I'm the Alpha Female of my pack and my pack memebers keep telling me to make a map. So i've "attempted" to make one but there are only limited items and I want some more like, more plants and trees, more terrian heights, a waterfall, bridges e.t.c.... anyone know where I can download more meshes? Thank you! livv xx

CloudFish

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 04:07:27 pm »
Wrong to post on someone else post. Make a new thread next time. Try the Feral Heart Creations area, there you'll find various game add ons and extras.

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 08:04:33 pm »
I do not have a solution for you... sorry. I unhappily had similar issues and I really don't know how I got it working again actually. I don't believe that any files that you added would cause the problem unless they overwrote other essential files. Best of luck to you!

xXLivXx

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 06:59:26 pm »
I'm also having problems with my FH. I downloaded a map the other day from MediaFire (TheWildemoorValleys) and once it's downloaded, I can't open it. It says 'File is unable to be unopened because [I dunno, something like the link being wrong, even though it's not] I have deleted, then re-installed it, but I keep having the same problem, anyone know what the problem with it is? Thankies. c:

CloudFish

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 07:59:12 pm »
Try not to post on others threads. Make newer ones for shutff thats different.

Visit this website here to get the program you need to open the zip folder.

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 09:02:00 pm »
So, the first time you posted this, it sounded like the main problem was with the map overall. Check just where your items/particles are.
I understand that you already checked all he particals, and the my_objects folder, but go through some of the other ones that you may have either put them in, or extracted them to.

art by dearhunters on da