Author Topic: Yellow, and black textures...(fixed please lock)  (Read 2236 times)

Koolwolfe

Yellow, and black textures...(fixed please lock)
« on: January 02, 2014, 03:31:28 am »
Please, help. ASAP. I was downloading crap and all of the sudden I misplaced something or removed it by accident and the ground is yellow and black. Thanks.

~Lucian

Edit: ASAP! Pleasee!! I am terrified of the ground.. .-.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:25:26 pm by Luceian »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Yellow, and black textures...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 03:43:03 am »
Yellow and black stripey ground texture means it's a "missing texture". As you said yourself a misplaced or removed file.

If the game cannot find the texture it's looking for, it will replace it with this yellow and black texture for whatever it's missing one for. You really should be careful and remember where you move things and not click around too much.

If you are unable to find where you moved these files to, or if they are in your recycle bin for you to restore the items removed, since you already know it's the ground texture, I'd suggest following:

Install another copy of feralheart on your desktop or in a custom path like C:\Backupferalheart\FeralHeart temporarily. Find your way into the game folder of the new backup feralheart you installed and go into media\terrains\textures until you see all the ground textures.

Once you're there copy ALL the content inside of the folder. Go back to your original FeralHeart game(most likely installed in C:\FeralHeart, go into it's media\terrains\textures and then PASTE the textures you got from the new game. It will put in any missing textures that way.

This way if you have any custom mods or textures anyplace else you don't need to redownload them in a new game, just fix your first issue, however if these instructions are too hard to follow.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just re-install your game, remove the game from C:\FeralHeart, then install a new game again.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Koolwolfe

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 03:48:20 am »
Thanks, Red. Also, my Sounds are gone.

Offline _Rache_

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Your future is bright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 08:27:27 am »
Yikes. You should watch what you delete; I made the mistake before, too. As Red stated, yellow and black signifies a missing texture. With both the sound and texture, if you can't find and replace what you deleted, I truly don't know what to do other than reinstalling the game.
I love you