Author Topic: How do I make a FH green screen?  (Read 6740 times)

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
How do I make a FH green screen?
« on: August 23, 2014, 08:47:57 pm »
How do I make a FH green screen, so I paste characters into animations ?x.x
and would it work with fraps for recording?

Offline .Karissa

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • My OTP is two dead losers. A.K.A Nuke.
    • View Profile
Re: How do I make a FH green screen?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:53:39 pm »
I'd say iMovie but I'm not sure you have a mac... I'm guessing you don't due to fraps being mentioned.

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 02:46:42 pm »
I am not entirely sure what you mean by that... But I believe that you would need a green skin in-game? (you can easily find one in the Creations section)
Sorry if I completely misunderstood your question; I am just very tired.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 07:37:57 pm »
Right, methinks I know what you're asking for. ^^ You're asking for a type of green screen map where your characters can stand in front of something the colour green and then you can key out the background and leave just the character, I think. If that's the case, I have a map just for that purpose, here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dv563fa5gfusjh/greenscreen.zip?dl=0

It's basically a map with a large hole in the center, and the terrain is all green, which you can key out presuming you have a video editing program that can do colour keying, such as Sony Vegas or Adobe After Effects. Just take the exports and media folders included in the zip and paste them into C:\Feralheart - overwrite when prompted. ^^ I hope that helps.

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 09:20:15 pm »
Now it makes sense... Oh well it was worth a try I guess >.<
I'll download the map too; it may come in useful!
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Fata

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 07:39:47 am »
Great map however, only the flooris green and it's really hard to position that camera so that it's all green. I've been trying to find out how to make the sky green with the Sky Creator, however when I enter the file name of the sky in map creator it doesn't show up? Does anyone know how to do this?

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 08:03:51 am »
Great map however, only the flooris green and it's really hard to position that camera so that it's all green. I've been trying to find out how to make the sky green with the Sky Creator, however when I enter the file name of the sky in map creator it doesn't show up? Does anyone know how to do this?
I'ma just post a link below that will direct ye' to a thread coverin' a user who seems to have had the same problem ye're endurin' now if I've read yer post right, floof. Click here

Also, it'd be better not to post yer own malfunctions in another's thread. In the future, I advise makin' a new topic about whatever problem ye' may be facin'. That way responses regardin' the problem will be answered much more fluently with little confusion.
gone

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 05:04:48 pm »

Yes, only the floor is green ^^ that's why there's a large hole in the middle of the map. If you go down there, the walls are so steep that you can position your character against them so that the green should fill your entire view.

EDIT: I should also mention that if you're in the pit area of the map and you're still getting sky coming through in your shot, you should be able to remove it. In After Effects and Sony Vegas, there's a feature called masking which lets you remove certain aspects of a video. If you're working with a picture, then the sky should just be able to be erased.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:18:36 pm by Sir_Anathema »