Author Topic: Don't know what to call this glitch  (Read 5517 times)

Offline RussetRice

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Don't know what to call this glitch
« on: October 26, 2014, 05:29:24 am »
I'm not sure if anyone else does have this glitch or somethingarather that has been happening to me for a while, but it is annoying.
[The follow screenshots are just the normal stage of it, it does get a lot worse where the mouse disappears and in character
creations a lot of the scroll bars disappear]
Where my mouse is is what happens when you hover over it.

The slide and the different colours that it is on often disappear, along with the scrolling slides.

Like the one above, the scrolling for the chat box often dissapears.

Additional problems I've encountered:
Mouse disappears, making it difficult to change from General to Local or anything else.
The game spazzes sometimes and causes a large glitch where..well... I don't know how to explain it.

Fixes Tried:
1. Reinstalling the game
2.Reinstalling the game with torrent
3.Downloading the media folder and replacing it.
4.Using fixes on the Big Help Thread.
5.Changing the default skin of FeralHeart to something else.

Specs for my laptop:
Processor: AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics 1.50GHz
RAM: 4 GB
System Type: 64-Bit Operation System, x64 based processor

My laptop mostly has good ventilation, but does not have a cooler fan. It's only around 3-4 months old and is a Toshiba.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:15:07 pm by Rizzo Rice »

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: Don't know what to call this glitch
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 06:02:01 am »
Seems your missing some textures, not to worry tho c:

You can go here for them. Just download the 'Media' folder, make sure you back up extra items, markings etc. and replace the folder. They should be there again c:

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline RussetRice

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 07:02:08 am »
Thank you, I'll try this inow and report back on what happens!

But, I kind of don't think I'm missing the textures seeing this happens a little while [20-40 minutes] after opening the game, and restarting the game will fix it, but it does get annoying.
It could just be that, so I'll report back soon.

lindaminda

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 07:52:41 am »
Well, you should check the big help thread if nothing helps :I
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10423.0
here you will find many solutions for your problem.

Game is not starting or having graphical issues/glitches.

FeralHeart is a game like so many others out there, it needs a computer to do all the work so you can play it. Not everyone can just install the game and it works all perfect for them. Sometimes the computer might even be really old and the game too new. But if you got a computer from the last 5 years, playing this game shouldn't be any problem at all.

The ogre errors!
The ogre errors is something that users can get either when trying to boot up the game or when entering a custom map. These errors come directly from the game, and even though the error messages might look a lil messy, most of the time they actually clearly shows where the problem is. Ogre errors can also come up from broken installers that doesn't install all the files needed to run the game, and in these cases "The magical fix" usually solves this. Uninstall>re-download>Install with new installers.

An example of an ogre error below:

That one is pretty much straight out saying that the following file "Gui Template/Reminder" Is missing. And in this case, if something is missing, an uninstall and re-install should do the trick. But there can be other errors like "Items already using the name blabla" or "Failed to create OpenGL rendering". They can vary very much, some are easier to fix than others.'

If you look here http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=2296.0 , you will find a big list of previous ogre errors, and many of them with a solution. So take a look there. (Thanks to Shell Prisoner for making that thread)

If you still are unable to sort it, feel free to post a help thread.

Graphical glitches and other weird visuals can show up in different ways, and here's some examples of how it might look.

Cut off polygons, weird looking shadows and textures missing.

Distorted pictures and hard to read text

The absolute First thing you want to try is to change the rendering mode for the game. There's different rendering modes you can pick from, usually OpenGL and Direct3D9. This decides which way your graphic card should process the game. This one is at standard set to OpenGL, so we'd want to set it to Direct3D9.

There's 2 ways you can change this setting.

How to fix it!
Either you start the game, go into the options menu, click the Video tab, and then change the rendering subsystem and restart the game.

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with wordpad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
Code:
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied.

Even though this solves the graphical problems for most, there's still some unlucky ferals out there that the problems still remain for, but there's still 1 more thing you can try, and that is to update your graphic card drivers.

If you already tried this and it's not working, chances are that your computer is getting old and can't handle the game. Installing drivers might help, but you're still running the same hardware. Try the game on another computer instead.

End~

Offline RussetRice

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 11:03:01 pm »
Apologies for not replying sooner.
None of these worked long term, the first one stopped it for a day, and the next one did the same.
I'm still completely confused on why this happens, as it gives me no warning.

Offline RussetRice

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 05:15:20 am »
I think I broke FH now
I also need to just catalouge all the glitches I've been experiencing.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 05:44:02 am »
Woah uh this is new. I never seen something like that. Sweet baby Jesus.

What is your operating system version and how old is your computer?

lindaminda

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 08:04:11 am »
oh my God what is that :O
-Gonna send PM to one of the Staff members, hope they can help more than we can

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 08:23:33 am »
off-topic because wynaut
I think I broke FH now
I also need to just catalouge all the glitches I've been experiencing.

...LOL sorry but this is funny, I'm cracking up now D: so sorryy

Seems like you need to update the graphics driver, or get a new computer if you can afford it. My notebook (Acer Aspire V5-122P) isn't very demanding but it can run FeralHeart fine without glitches (but there's a bit of lag) since it's a notebook that launched one year ago. Well what kills the notebook is really the processor (AMD Quad-Core Processor A6-1450M (1.0 GHz) god!), the graphics card is great I think.

Perhaps if your computer is a desktop you can buy the parts somewhere, if you can't really update the drivers? I think you will need to update the motherboard too if your graphics card isn't compatible with it. Either way, good luck!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:25:17 am by Kijiako »

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline RussetRice

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 12:34:40 am »
Righto, sorry for not replying!
My laptop is probably two months old now? It's windows 8.1
Here's the processor and video card:
Processor   AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics
Video Card    AMD Radeon HD 8330
It's a Toshiba notebook, and seeing it's farely recent I didn't expect it to have trouble with a game like FH, but it's having more trouble than my 14 year old computer :I xD