Author Topic: player update on sidebar  (Read 2520 times)

Offline FOXHOUND

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • V HAS COME TO
    • onegun
    • @OO1GUN
    • View Profile
player update on sidebar
« on: January 04, 2017, 12:58:58 am »
this was... a very long time ago but i remember when this really good feature was integrated where,  upon hovering over the far right side of the forum/sight, you'd get an (almost) real-time update of how many players were in a map / which map / etc.  anyway i feel like now, despite there being so many new maps, that would be helpful more than ever.

i haven't romped around in game too much but everything is definitely a LOT more spread out thus advertising for roleplays or just general chatting is (as i can imagine) probably a lot harder to go about. if people could know the highest density of players it'd help with more frequent interaction, as this is a chat-based game, as well as help w/ advertising in a more traditionalist way for roleplay groups.  i can see how there might be some issues but honestly they're...... easy fixes.  when this existed custom maps and the density of players there were included so naturally the whole list went a bit off-page, but with the most player-used map listed on top and the number descending therefrom, it shouldn't be much of an issue.  of course i have no idea how this system was originally integrated just that it was super neat& very convenient.

" HE EATS TO ABANDON PARADISE! "

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: player update on sidebar
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 01:17:04 am »
I agree with you here, that feature was a very nice and handy tool to have around. I believe it was taken down shortly after the hacking event, though if those two things have any correlation I'm not sure. It would be very nice to have with the new update though because as ya said, nobody really knows where to flock to yet despite considerable activity in the Grounds so far.

Of course, Raz is still working very hard on the website and we could possibly see that and many new and exciting features appear. I'm sure whatever is added on/taken away was done so for a reason and that hopefully will make the game more enjoyable for it's players.<3
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 01:21:25 am »
I had been wondering this too because I really liked it as well. Back in August I had made a topic about it and here was the response I got from Warriorstrike:

Yes, we had removed the side bar which allowed you to see how many people were in each maps. This was partially done after the "hacking" incident. With our new site renovation, I'm not sure if it's possible to bring it back at the moment while changes are undergoing, or even if it could be brought back in the same form, but hopefully this is something we will be able to bring back. I myself thought it was an interesting little option to have on the website. c:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 01:25:33 am by MorgraWolf »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline FOXHOUND

• Curious Wanderer
  • V HAS COME TO
    • onegun
    • @OO1GUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 01:25:23 am »
@morgra ahhhh thanks for the details on this! i hope they bring it back honestly but lol i can see if it takes a bit considering the site is still underway of more important renovations.  tysm for the information

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 01:26:53 am »
@morgra ahhhh thanks for the details on this! i hope they bring it back honestly but lol i can see if it takes a bit considering the site is still underway of more important renovations.  tysm for the information

No problem. I really enjoyed having it. I remember I used to check it a lot. I'm hoping they consider bringing it back too ^^

Like you said, it'll probably be a bit before they consider adding something like that as they are still working on the registration and such.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

DreamerDay

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 02:24:54 am »
It's honestly up to the staff

Offline FOXHOUND

• Curious Wanderer
  • V HAS COME TO
    • onegun
    • @OO1GUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 02:28:28 am »
It's honestly up to the staff
lol everything's up to the staff but i didnt know if it was being considered or not and there's.......... an idea board for ideas so

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 03:32:32 am »
Raz has been (and still is) very busy with fixing things around the site. There are some other things he's working on right now but yes, I agree, it would be nice to have back ^^
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Klipspringer

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • D'aw, I need wings...
    • View Profile
    • about me
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 02:40:12 am »
I remember this that thing. It was kinda nice to have around, and it was very useful for finding some of the more social spots when I was a lost newbie. Though it does make sense why it was taken down after the hacking as it showed off where the most people were to attack. Some people just have to ruin everything. I'd definitely like to have it back though.