Author Topic: Ways we can make Feral Heart bolder, popularity wise.  (Read 9157 times)

Offline Abnormally

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • http://alienbagel.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
Ways we can make Feral Heart bolder, popularity wise.
« on: January 17, 2017, 09:33:59 pm »
So I have seen this top stirring within different threads and decided to bring it so it's own attention.
Now don't get me wrong feral heart is already decently popular and an amazing fun game to play. But how can we make is even more "popular." The reason I put ("") Is because the word popular could be used in different ways.

Idea #1 :
On my behalf I notice that anything that goes on to Youtube gets a mass of attention. Now what I am thinking that since there is already a mass amount of Youtube videos on Feral Heart, why not give the game it's own youtube. The channel could be run by the Staff Team and there could be help monthly or yearly Feral Heart video competitions. Now youtube has this thing where every video leads to one another. So 13-14+ people would see the game and might be interested. Like I discovered FH through Youtube but mainly my sister. So that idea might work.

Idea #2 :
If you are a member of Feral Heart and know someone around your age that might be interested in joining the Feral Heart family. Show them FH! I have shown multiple of friends FH and they play it to this day. Even through the internet if you know a person who plays maybe any IW/IT game they might be interested in playing Feral Heart.

Idea #3:
Now don't get me wrong. The forum is already amazing. But making it even more amazing with maybe a small little slide show of the in-game experience might be an eye catcher to guest viewing the forum.

That is honestly about what I got for ideas. But if y'all got an idea go ahead and share it.

LineArt (c) Unknown but creds to them.
Colored in by (c) Germinator
Character (c) Myself

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Ways we can make Feral Heart bolder, popularity wise.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 10:22:42 pm »
Personally I think this belongs in one of the imput boxes, but it's a place to begin with at least. In case those are wondering where the YT thing came about, here's a little more info on what the Staff could do with it in terms of professional use.

How about public advertising? Maybe FH could have it's own YouTube Channel? A place where you can post an advertisement of Feral-Heart, maybe update the main FH game advertisement each patch. It would sure grab a lot of gamer attention out there. A lot of games have their own YouTube Channel. This Shouldn't be a palce for sillyness, but a place for professionally made videos. Maybe release teasers of what's to come game wise. No voices, but some sweet music from the game, as well as text. A lot of games have high quality mics and recording stuffs, paid voices etc.. so it'd be wise not to use voice. Could end up sounding trashy. If you even wanted, upload Podcasts that you record. This would allow users to get to know you more, trust you more. Make a playlist on that channel, even, called 'podcasts'. Maybe name each one "Feral Heart Staff Podcast - Staff Member 1, Staff Member 2, Staff Member 3... and so on. Take advantage of other game forums if they permit advertisements for other games. Try to increase the popularity instead of settling with what users you have registered?

I donno. Maybe I went into too much detail, but too much detail is better than none I suppose. I just wanted to give users a more open perspective than just one proved point on game popularity/daily user count.

Quote taken from HERE.

Other than that, I really encourage this ideas thing. Users should be free and passionate about what they want to do, and Staff (being able to make these things happen) should take this into account, and I'm sure most will. I encourage users to give ideas out here in the open for Staff to lay their eyes upon, so they can tailor your ideas into things that can be made possible and fair on both Member and Staff.

It's great to see an uplift in member's thoughts.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:24:20 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Abnormally

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 10:55:55 pm »
Personally I think this belongs in one of the imput boxes, but it's a place to begin with at least. In case those are wondering where the YT thing came about, here's a little more info on what the Staff could do with it in terms of professional use.

How about public advertising? Maybe FH could have it's own YouTube Channel? A place where you can post an advertisement of Feral-Heart, maybe update the main FH game advertisement each patch. It would sure grab a lot of gamer attention out there. A lot of games have their own YouTube Channel. This Shouldn't be a palce for sillyness, but a place for professionally made videos. Maybe release teasers of what's to come game wise. No voices, but some sweet music from the game, as well as text. A lot of games have high quality mics and recording stuffs, paid voices etc.. so it'd be wise not to use voice. Could end up sounding trashy. If you even wanted, upload Podcasts that you record. This would allow users to get to know you more, trust you more. Make a playlist on that channel, even, called 'podcasts'. Maybe name each one "Feral Heart Staff Podcast - Staff Member 1, Staff Member 2, Staff Member 3... and so on. Take advantage of other game forums if they permit advertisements for other games. Try to increase the popularity instead of settling with what users you have registered?

I donno. Maybe I went into too much detail, but too much detail is better than none I suppose. I just wanted to give users a more open perspective than just one proved point on game popularity/daily user count.

Quote taken from HERE.

Other than that, I really encourage this ideas thing. Users should be free and passionate about what they want to do, and Staff (being able to make these things happen) should take this into account, and I'm sure most will. I encourage users to give ideas out here in the open for Staff to lay their eyes upon, so they can tailor your ideas into things that can be made possible and fair on both Member and Staff.

It's great to see an uplift in member's thoughts.

Thank you for reply and slight apology for making this thread. I've been reading the recent threads and thought personally members and staff should come together and help Feral Heart thrive more.

Character (c) Myself

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 11:32:22 pm »
This might actually be a good idea.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 12:44:50 am »
Moving this to the inputbox board

And you have some interesting ideas! I'm curious as to what others might suggest ^^
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Abnormally

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 12:56:46 am »
Moving this to the inputbox board

And you have some interesting ideas! I'm curious as to what others might suggest ^^

Thank you for moving this. I noticed it was the correct sub-board for it.

Character (c) Myself

Offline Abnormally

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 12:57:42 am »
This might actually be a good idea.
I've been sitting on it but thank you for the feedback. I have always adored Feral heart and wish to see it thrive more and more.

Character (c) Myself

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 01:56:44 am »
This was a really lovely thread to make, hopefully everyone's suggestions offers some help!

One thing I don't go a day without hearing is how users miss the old maps. Specifically, Flourite Plains. The way I heard it described was "Too much change in too little an amount of time". Now I'm not saying trash the update, because honestly, it's downright gorgeous, all these new maps, but maybe bring one or two of the old maps back, redecorated, but with the same heightmaps and such, so it's still the same land but better decorated. I'm convinced that bringing one of the most popular maps back, and perhaps removing one of the least-used maps in the meantime would bring a lot more people online. The majority of the stuff around them would still be new, but they could also have that sense of familiarity and home. I know it would take some work to do, but I think it would be beneficial to the community's numbers in the end.

Another thing I really think would help is Buffy's YouTube suggestion. Maybe not in the super near future, because it definitely takes time to set something like that in the professional sense, but having a YT channel wouldn't only keep current users interested, it would bring in a lot of newer users too. Teaser trailers and such give people thinking about joining a sneak peak at what the game is like, and an official channel is bound to get attention.

Those are just my two cents. Being repetitive again, but this was really a helpful topic to make!
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Abnormally

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 02:03:35 am »
This was a really lovely thread to make, hopefully everyone's suggestions offers some help!

One thing I don't go a day without hearing is how users miss the old maps. Specifically, Flourite Plains. The way I heard it described was "Too much change in too little an amount of time". Now I'm not saying trash the update, because honestly, it's downright gorgeous, all these new maps, but maybe bring one or two of the old maps back, redecorated, but with the same heightmaps and such, so it's still the same land but better decorated. I'm convinced that bringing one of the most popular maps back, and perhaps removing one of the least-used maps in the meantime would bring a lot more people online. The majority of the stuff around them would still be new, but they could also have that sense of familiarity and home. I know it would take some work to do, but I think it would be beneficial to the community's numbers in the end.

Another thing I really think would help is Buffy's YouTube suggestion. Maybe not in the super near future, because it definitely takes time to set something like that in the professional sense, but having a YT channel wouldn't only keep current users interested, it would bring in a lot of newer users too. Teaser trailers and such give people thinking about joining a sneak peak at what the game is like, and an official channel is bound to get attention.

Those are just my two cents. Being repetitive again, but this was really a helpful topic to make!

I full on agree with you and the map idea. I feel like old Feral Heart players might come back if we at least add the most used maps. But don't get me wrong I honestly love how amazing the new maps are. Breathtakingly beautiful. Also thank you for reply and saying some of your ideas.

Character (c) Myself

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 02:19:15 am »

I cannot agree more. The maps people want back are Flourite and South pole, but all that needs doing is some re-vamping or more decorating to exceed user expectations and to create a better and more fun environment in those maps. The old maps that have been replaced are gorgeous (Bonfire Islands, Cape, Ficho, Lonely cave), so why not bring back Flourite plains and South pole? Keep the hightmaps and give people their happy places back?

All people are asking for are Flourite Plains and South Pole, and they were (other than Bonfire and Ficho) the most favoured places. People want the stone bridge back, the same one as before, as well as the N/Z, and the N/Z lake. L Island, even. If you need to change the hightmap, change it around, but as long as those spots are the same, people will come FLOODING back. I guarantee.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 02:25:42 am by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone