Author Topic: A way to opt-out of pop-up ads and/or ads?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
A way to opt-out of pop-up ads and/or ads?
« on: February 26, 2017, 02:26:21 am »
I think it'd be nice if there was a way for us to opt-out of the pop-up ads if we have at least white-listed FeralHeart for our ad-blockers.

I also think it'd be nice if there was a way for us to pay a continuous fee and opt-out of ads altogether as long as we pay. Some kind of membership thing? That might be nice. Maybe throw in something else to go with it later but for now just an opt-out would be nice.

I'm ok with the ads and I understand that they help the game survive... but some of these pop-up ads do concern me, specifically the ones that try preventing you from closing their tab (and for me, it's been every single one.). It's not about them being scams or viruses, it's about them being annoying/stubborn and/or just slowing down page loading time.

I'm not talking about removing them, they're fine, just giving us another option. Thanks for reading this. <3
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 12:05:32 am by VortexAlive »
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: A way to opt-out of pop-up ads and/or ads?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 02:30:29 am »
I can agree with you on that. But it does make the game live, and I am not sure staff can disable it.
But, I do get iffy with the pop-ups when you go to log-in to the game. I usually just close them right away, but I'm sure you could try white listing it?

Great topic by the way, I think this needed to be started!<3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Taizer

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • "I can have a margarita at 11:30 am if I want to."
    • TaizerFH
    • TaizerFH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 05:34:24 pm »
I mostly just exit the adds as soon as they pop up, I've never really encountered one I was unable to exit from.
Its the one with the really shrill sudden beeps at the start of when it appears that jars me though, hate that noise so much.
Looking for my converted mesh? You can find them here ! https://taizerfh.wixsite.com/digitalviolence

Offline Pearbear

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • shout-out to all the pears
    • pear-the-bear.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 07:42:30 pm »
Oh my gosh! I wasn't sure if it was just me or not, haha. Yeah, I always get pop-ups when attempting to log in to play the game as well. I usually get somewhat startled due to a new tab being opened & just close it immediately though, haha. :P
Signature by myself. In-game user is Pearbear
http://pear-the-bear.deviantart.com/