Author Topic: World Story  (Read 2800 times)

Offline Xenek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Meh
    • View Profile
World Story
« on: March 15, 2017, 03:23:43 am »
Just a suggestion, though the title could probably be more accurate if I knew the right words to use.

So, we have Feral-Heart, a game and forum meant for enjoying the glory of roleplaying. There is one issue with this, however... The world has no background whatsoever. None that I've been able to find, at least. The roleplay section of this forum is limited to RPs that are advertised that are on completely different, user-created forums, and advertisements for locating a group or mate. This, in my opinion, is a bit sad. Instead of a roleplay board, it's merely an advertisement board.

Thus the idea for a story for the world. A background. So people can begin roleplaying here on the forum as well as in the game, why not host a small competition, or something, for creating a background for this world. Is this world the world we live in? With winged wolves and felines, I highly doubt it. So why not give the FH world a name of its own, along with a history of its own.
Naming the world should probably be separate from the history/story, more of a poll for which name the users find more suiting to the world, instead of a competition like for finding a good story to use.

With an actual idea of where we all are in this world, RPs could start up here in the forum with so much more ease. As it is, the only option we truly have is to be in the game or figure something out at random that has nothing to do with the characters we have for this game. From what I can see, throwing characters into the Warrior Cats world and several different anime worlds are the most common. Giving FH a world of its own would inspire users to have RPs for this world, instead of wondering what they should do, using myself as an example.

Another benefit of FH having its own world and story for the world, for those like myself anyway, would be coming up with a good backstory for characters that get made. The best I've been able to do is throw one of my characters through a portal to "end up in a strange land." Why is it strange? The only reason the world is strange to said character is because it isn't her world. There's no actual way to know what's in this world, at the moment. Once an actual world and story is around to use, characters can be created with a backstory that actually goes along with the world they've been created for.

My apologies if this is posted in the wrong board. Being an idea for both the game and the forum, though having more to do with the forum, I could only assume this was the right place.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: World Story
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 07:16:39 am »
It's an open world.  People just make their own thing & roll with it.  i kind of like that.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Xenek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 08:38:47 pm »
It's an open world.  People just make their own thing & roll with it.  i kind of like that.
The game being an open world works, sure. But that doesn't seem to be the case with the forum, considering there's nothing but user-created forum ads.

As a new member, finding a roleplay is difficult (impossible for me, haven't found any at all) with how it is right now- With the game because everyone's in either group or private chat, and with the forum because there's nothing but ads for user-created forums on completely different sites. Adding a story to the game would mean adding quests and such, which would mean adding levels, enemies, etc., which isn't what the game is for. Adding a story for the forum, however, would allow roleplays to actually take place right here in this forum in this world. And you can't say having a story would stop the forum from being an open world, because it wouldn't so long as people think of the right story to give it. For example, the FH world could be a hub-station sort of world where portals/doorways from all sorts of other worlds connect to.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 03:33:01 am »
As a new member, finding a roleplay is difficult (impossible for me, haven't found any at all) with how it is right now- With the game because everyone's in either group or private chat

That appears to be a cultural problem that plagues everyone at the moment.

Edit:  While i'm here i think i'll take this opportunity to point out that the problem plagues everyone because of either that refuse to speak to people (for whatever reason) or the people that used to be around & make things happen either found a real life or get impatient and give up.  So many take things to serious & forgot how to have fun.  That's why you might be having difficulty.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 03:40:26 am by Kuri »
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Xenek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 03:51:26 pm »
As a new member, finding a roleplay is difficult (impossible for me, haven't found any at all) with how it is right now- With the game because everyone's in either group or private chat

That appears to be a cultural problem that plagues everyone at the moment.

Edit:  While i'm here i think i'll take this opportunity to point out that the problem plagues everyone because of either that refuse to speak to people (for whatever reason) or the people that used to be around & make things happen either found a real life or get impatient and give up.  So many take things to serious & forgot how to have fun.  That's why you might be having difficulty.

Please note that that was only part of what I was saying. The main point of this suggestion is to have actual roleplaying take place in the roleplay board instead of a bunch of advertisements for other forums. Yes, a story could also be implemented in the game, but again, that is not the main focus. The main focus is adding a story to the forum so that the forum can be used instead of only the game. Roleplays in the forum are basically nonexistent, thus the issue is not that people are being too serious or just ignoring other people. That is the game, not the forum.

To say once more, the focus of this topic is for the forum. So please, Kuri, stop trying to make this about the game, as this is not about the game, it is about the forum.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 07:55:31 pm »
I wouldn't mind a lore f'er FH. It could always be handy f'er people who don't know what to RP about.

Surabutt had made a thread many years back that she bumps once a year f'er people to share their lore ideas of FH. Maybe the staff will think about putting one to use?

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=44998.0

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Windstrider

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Soon-to-be college student!
    • Windstrider2017
    • windstrider2017@gmail.com
    • Windstrider2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 10:07:47 pm »
Bumping since this seems like a really neat idea. It would definitely give people a fun basis for roleplaying and help people come up with their rp ideas.