Author Topic: OpenGL vs DirectX statup problem  (Read 2700 times)

Offline ReaperShadcat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • HoNk :o)
    • View Profile
OpenGL vs DirectX statup problem
« on: June 06, 2011, 05:40:47 am »
Okay, so I recently had to move FeralHeart to my D drive instead of my C drive because I had almost no space. I reinstalled it so that it would be in the D drive now.

I didn't do anything different from the last time I installed it (and it worked fine then) but this time when I try to run the game, the box that lets you choose your rendering system appears. Well, whenever I try it, only one of the two (OpenGL OR DirectX) appears on the drop-down. Not only that, but both times I've tried them and neither worked. I got it to work for a while earlier, changed the size of the window to fit my monitor, and now it refuses to work.

I have a feeling that this stems somehow from having it on the D drive as opposed to the C drive, but I can't figure out why. Any help would be appreciated!

Nyan Cat

Re: OpenGL vs DirectX statup problem
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 05:47:36 am »
Im not sure... yet I believe its because something in the game doesn't cooperate with the D drive. Ive done the same thing as an experiment and it wont work either. Maybe its like ROBLOX to macs, something in the mac computer just doesnt do right with the ROBLOX program. It may be something with the coding.

Offline ReaperShadcat

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 05:50:06 am »
Hmm, I see. In that case I may just have to rearrange my C drive to accomodate for this. Thanks for helping! :)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 07:44:31 pm »
isn't the D: Drive the cd/dvd reader or the removable drive at most times?(ofcourse people can set it to whatevs)

Either way, the ogre box that shows up before start doesn't show both rendering systems to choose from, only the current one you have it set to.

If you want to do any modifications such as rendering mode, ingame resolution, AA, etc. You can do it all from the ogre.cfg placed inside the game directory.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline ReaperShadcat

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 08:29:47 pm »
LOL the D drive is just an extra drive I have so that I don't have to waste C drive space. For me the CD drive is Z XD

Hmm, in that case, it changed itself every time I started it. Odd.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 10:52:45 am »
Usually most manufacturers set the disc reader to D: Drive on auto. I think you can change this around if you want to and give it whatever letter you want. If you applied it to one of your HDDs, it's not something I can or should know out of the blue.

Those computers I have tried changing it on from the ogre it changes the setting without swapping back. Are you sure you're saving the cfg file before closing it down?
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline ReaperShadcat

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 12:50:07 am »
Yeah I know that, but I've always had D as an extra drive so no point changing it now XD

Yes, and it still switches between the two on its own. At this point I'm just going to put it on the C drive :/