Author Topic: Optional map file problems. PLEASE HELP!!! (now new problem occurs!)  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Wolved

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • www.deviantart.com
EDIT- Ok, so I found that all the files were in there right places including the pathways. Now, all my maps except watermill have been deleted on the cape, and now there is no portal to the new maps... I guess everyone is having problems and noone can get them by looking at all the posts... anyway, please if you know how to fix this- help!
Hello!
I really need help. You see, I downloaded the new optional FH maps with utorrent. I went to find them, (which I found succesfully) but there was a problem. The file was "APPLICATION" instead of .exe... I am very worried over this. Please please help, I really need a detailed description of what to do. I am pretty sure I have the latest patch, unless the newest version was the one with lipsyncing.
Thanks!
Wolved
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 04:01:36 pm by Wolved »

Offline Rimfrost

• ? ? Music for the soul ? ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 167
  • Mew~
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART page
Re: Optional map file problems. PLEASE HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 05:42:15 pm »
Do it looks like this?

Offline Wolved

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • www.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 05:47:29 pm »
Do it looks like this?

Exactly like that, except where it shows program, it says "APPLICATION" there. Exact number of kbs I have it showing to. Thanks for your reply. ^^

FinalJump

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 11:36:01 pm »
It should be fine; exe and application are, to my knowledge, the same thing; unless application is the official name of files designed to install files to your computer. Perhaps your computer is set to detail them differently. My computer calls all the official FH downloads Applications. ^^

Offline Wolved

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • www.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 12:47:09 am »
It should be fine; exe and application are, to my knowledge, the same thing; unless application is the official name of files designed to install files to your computer. Perhaps your computer is set to detail them differently. My computer calls all the official FH downloads Applications. ^^
Do you run Vista with service pack two? Anyway, I installed but no portals. I also didn't recieve any map files or the pathway files. :( just the application. :S

FinalJump

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 01:04:33 am »
No, I have Windows XP with service pack three |C I'm unfamiliar with Vistas. I'm not sure if it would have installed the files elsewhere; I assume your FH is in Local Disk (C:)-->FeralHeart, and that was where my install went. [For me, I had my FH installed on my desktop so I had to move all the downloaded files.]

Offline Wolved

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • www.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 03:42:13 pm »
No, I have Windows XP with service pack three |C I'm unfamiliar with Vistas. I'm not sure if it would have installed the files elsewhere; I assume your FH is in Local Disk (C:)-->FeralHeart, and that was where my install went. [For me, I had my FH installed on my desktop so I had to move all the downloaded files.]
hmm.. guess I'll have to look in the fh file.