Author Topic: FeralHeart crashes when I start the game.  (Read 1672 times)

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
FeralHeart crashes when I start the game.
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:04:26 am »
Hey, guys.

I just got home & it seems FH won't let me play. I'll click 'Start / Go' and it will freeze on the loading screen & crash, and it's not the location which is the problem. I've tried Lonely Cave, Fluorite, & Last Cave. It will crash every time I try to get on, no matter the character or account. The only thing I've downloaded recently is an export for a preset, but that's it. Help, please?

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart crashes when I start the game.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 01:53:14 am »
Possibly check through your Particle Folder for any duplicates? Any files ending in things like _0, _1, _2, _3, etc.

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 02:10:19 am »
Nope, no duplicates. I've restarted my laptop numerous times but it doesn't seem to work, and as I'm not the administrator of my computer reinstalling isn't an option. It was working perfectly fine yesterday..?

*UPDATE: I looked in the debug.txt [forgot if my friend gave that to me or if it's default] and it says this, `This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.`
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 02:11:59 am by Re. »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 03:53:54 am »
There are numerous reasons why the game may be crashing but if you haven't installed anything recently or messed around with your files chances are it could be random crashes from the servers end or issues with the Internet signal on your end. If the problem doesn't repair itself within the next few hours or day then you might have to consider backing up your files, uninstalling the game, deleting your FH folder and the reinstalling FH again. (You'll have to get permission from your administrator to do so.) That's always the most simple fix for issues with the files that may be the source of the crashing.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:05:46 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 04:03:48 am »
It hasnt fixed itself yet, sadly. Icant reinstall FH, though, seeing as I am not the administrator of my computer and we dont know the password. Thanks for the feedback Sura, I'll give it a few days. c:

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 04:07:43 am »
Well if the only thing you downloaded recently was the preset perhaps try deleting it and seeing if the game works normally once it's gone. If it does then we know the source of the issue and could look for a way around it without you having to completely sacrafice the preset.