Author Topic: "Message" [Music Video]  (Read 2032 times)

Bornes

"Message" [Music Video]
« on: June 19, 2011, 12:14:54 pm »
I never actually finished this because I lost interest, but I think what I had done is good enough to share with everyone! ^^
"Message" - Feral Heart MV

I am working on my first FH music video. I need your help! View This thread and post your screenshots! They will appear in the video!

This is my thread for "Message" (working title). It is FH set to Tane Tomoko's "Message #9".  I aim to have this music video finished in a few days (if only because I won't have internet access after that).
The music video is story-based rather than based of lyric synch. The basis of the story is that a warrior turns pacifist thanks to a love interest.

This will be my thread to show off my progress. This post will only have the finished video in it (when it is done). The different betas uploaded will be in replies to this thread.

I welcome suggestions/criticism/etc!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:31:14 am by Bornes »

Bornes

Re: "Message" WIP [Music Video]
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 12:18:39 pm »
My very first beta, as viewed in the screenshot thread:
FH MV Test

It is supposed to be the warrior having somewhat of a panic attack. He is panting. I made it out of screenshots only.

There's actually a story behind this. At first I was using camstudio, but it lagged my computer way too much, and the output files were too huge and would not let me control the resolution.
I later downloaded raps (it has an option to record at half resolution). This was less than ideal (now my video must be 420x340 instead of 720x480) but it worked out better because now my editing program (Premiere) could actually handle the output files without freezing every 2 seconds.

These screenshots were taken before I figured out how to record at half resolution. There was a time when I thought I may have to make the entire thing out of screenshots. But thankfully that isn't the case now.

Bornes

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 12:45:53 pm »
Here's my second beta:
FH MV Test#2

I filled in most of the first part of the song. All the screenshots of dead characters will happen right after "remember now". Not shown in this beta, but in my project file, is that I shortened the song from 4minutes to 2. Which should make getting through this whole thing much easier.

I think I may remove some warrior scenes from this; I don't like one of the overlays of the white wolf (the love interest). And there's still more I need to add to the breathing/panting part, but I think I'm done for the night. It's almost 10pm here and my eyes really hurt. D;

Bornes

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 11:25:45 am »
New beta's up =3
FH MV Test #3

I fixed most errors. I just have to finish off the 'remember now' segment. Originally the idea was for every 'beat'(noise? fadey thing....) to have a different dead character. But I didn't get nearly enough screenshots. Should i get more, I'll put them in, but for now I just repeated a few of them. Oh well.

Aside from that, I need to fix the horrible mask at the end. The yellow outline on the running silloutte looks disgusting.... But the more I watch it the more I might keep it anyway... I dunno...

Would really like some outside critique on this.

Bornes

Re: "Message" [Music Video]
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 09:31:53 am »
It's "finished" now. ^_^