Author Topic: "Bad Token"  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Hagrid

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
"Bad Token"
« on: December 21, 2014, 10:44:41 pm »
Hi, I'm new and I just signed up today. I downloaded the game and everything was running smoothly until I tried to connect to the server. After I have logged in and chosen my character, it begins to load to the server as it's mean to but after a few seconds it comes up saying "Bad Token". Yes, I have read other Forums about this and have done some other research before posting this. I'm not sure what to do, people on the other forums have said to wait until the amount of players online decrease, I have waited over 3-4 hours now and the players have gone down between 50 and 100. I'm not sure if thats enough players to go down by but I have been waiting a long time to play this game now and i'm not sure whether I have tried to join the server at the wrong time or it is something to do with my Laptop (It shouldn't be because my MacBook Pro is only a few months old) or it is something to do with my internet connection which someone had suggested from youtube. I highly doubt it is my internet as we do not get problems with my internet being slow or anything like that. Everything else on my internet connection and my laptop runs smoothly but this game. So if anyone could reply and help that would be great! Sorry if this isn't allowed on this part of the forums, I am new! :3

Thank you.

~ Hagrid.

Offline ToSchoyen

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: "Bad Token"
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 02:33:21 am »
Actually, it's sadly your internet. I have experienced these issues before, however, I never been through so many "Bad token" messages. You just have to fix your internet connection. In my room for example, the connection with Wifi is decreased a good amount, so I sit another place and it works fine. This is only a simple tip I can give you, but I hope you fix it!

Offline Hagrid

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 12:04:38 pm »
Thank you for you help. I have tried re booting my internet and I have say right next to my Wi-Fi box but still the same 'Bad Token' :( I'm not sure whether it's because my laptop is really new and they need to update the download, i'm not sure. I am going to my boyfriends soon and I will try it at his using his internet. I hope it works! :(

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 12:10:03 pm »
sometimes it's really the server

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Hagrid

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 04:16:53 pm »
I have been trying to the server for 2 days now and it's still telling me "Bad Token" and no one else seems to have the same problem as me :(

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 04:42:21 pm »
If you have made sure your connection is working fine, and maybe FeralHeart has worked all good before, there still can happen things in the game when walking around in different maps. Examples of these are so called "Bad Tokens", "Failed to connect to map server" messages

Even though the game has it's own server, it's not perfect and can get stuck as well. If you're experiencing troubles a good bet is always to wait a few mins/hours and try again later. It solves a lot of problems.

Bad tokens is the servers way to tell you that something went wrong when loading a map/location most of the times. The client failing to communicate with the server, or other way around. If there was some connection problems just during the time you tried to load a new map, this might happen to you. Also maps that has an extreme amount of online users, or more objects and other custom things might take longer to load, and the chance of getting bad tokens might rise. Usually the issue doesn't last for too long and get solved by just trying going through a portal again or loading the character again or just keep reconnecting, for some it's worse than others.

Moving this to the game help section btw

Offline Hagrid

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 07:43:56 pm »
I know what the problem is now, it is my internet connection. My internet is not strong enough, I am now at my boyfriends and it's working perfectly fine. Is there anything I can do to my internet at home to make it work or will I have to buy a whole new Wi-Fi box? Thanks for your help everyone :)