Author Topic: All of my characters are failing to connect, oof.  (Read 877 times)

Offline A.Ham

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Oof
    • View Profile
All of my characters are failing to connect, oof.
« on: November 17, 2018, 10:25:04 pm »
Hi! This is my first time posting on the site, but I want to see if I'm the only one having this problem. Every time I try to go into the game I get past the initial login fine, but then after choosing a character and trying to enter into the game, it fails to connect to the map server. I've turned my firewall off and everything, so I don't suppose that's the issue.
Is the server down? Is it just me?
I want to make sure I'm not going crazy here, haha.
Tysm! <3

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
Re: All of my characters are failing to connect, oof.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 11:06:58 pm »
Hey!

Try running FeralHeart as administrator if you haven't already. If that doesn't work you should restart or router and then your computer. The server also isn't down, it's working just fine on my end. If all the options I gave you does not work, check out this thread!

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=54268.msg779817#msg779817

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 12:05:24 am »
Also maybe give it a shot at trying to run the game in either "Direct" or "OpenGL" you can find these in the video settings of your options, just hit options when on the main screen before you login, you may have to restart.

If that doesn't help, definitely try restarting your router and giving it a minute to boot back up, even see if your login tab may be expiring, try re-logging into it and or logging into it on another browser.

It seems your connection issue has to do with your WiFi however, not entirely sure.. hope this helps some?
artwork by dehvina

Offline A.Ham

• Forum Newcomer
  • Oof
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 12:56:59 am »
Aaa-- I've tried everything provided to me, and nothing seems to work! It's still giving me the "failed to connect to server" screen. I'm unsure of what to do now, oof.
It really wasn't giving me these issues until last night-- stopped working in the evening, and I haven't been able to use it since. I've tried to redownload the game twice and switch WiFi networks. Nothing seems to work.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 01:06:16 am »
Maybe try using a hotspot via your cellphone, if you have an IPhone you can find it in settings, not entirely sure about android though.. Connect to your hotspot as you would as if it were WiFi and see if that makes a difference?

I'm really thinking it has to be your internet, so maybe the hotspot will work.. but if not, I'm not sure what the issue could be, maybe try resetting your character in the User Panel here on the site to their home location, also try logging in on different characters specifically ones in Lonely Cave to see if it could be a public map issue.
artwork by dehvina

Ratel

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 01:41:43 am »
I have relayed this message to some others so I can better understand how to help you.. I'll get back to you once I know anything <3
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 01:55:28 am by Ratel »

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 08:16:06 pm »
Hello there,
have you tried paying a visit to the
User Panel and clicking Reset Home on all of your characters, clicking Go Home and then logging in? This has been the frequent solution for most that are having this issue.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline A.Ham

• Forum Newcomer
  • Oof
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 11:46:14 pm »
Update:
1. I have tried the "reset home, go home" method-- unfortunately, it didn't work! Even Lonely Cave seems to not like me.
2. AHA! The use of a hot-spot worked. I guess my WiFi just really doesn't like FH. Thank you guys for helping me out! Feel free to lock or delete this thread now. The issue has (probably) been resolved. <3