Author Topic: Random Client Crash  (Read 497 times)

Offline Quandary

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Random Client Crash
« on: May 01, 2019, 04:04:42 am »
Hey there! I need some help with a very peculiar crash that has started to happen to me recently.

I have been working on a map with a lot of animated pieces that has not been an issue before. Today I noticed some objects were missing from the "live" preview of the map (the one you can access from the Cape of Distant Worlds) and so I went about trying to fix it by creating new object groups for the six or so objects that don't normally pop up. After this, whenever I turn the camera a certain direction (180 degrees from default camera position -- same way every time), the whole client will begin to seize up and crash. I went back and reset the object names in the .cfg file and deleted the group with the omitted objects but this has persisted. I've gotten rid of the particles on the map as well to no avail.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a certain object that is doing this or if I screwed something up. It seems that a version I saved earlier today also has this issue so I'm leaning towards it being an object.

Any thoughts on what's going on?