Poll

SOPA/ACTA/PIPA?

I think they're a good idea to fight against pirating!
It's good to defend copyright laws, but they're taking it a bit far. (Sign a petition!)
I am against them. (Sign a petition to stop them!)
What? (Check out the many helpful links below for more information)

Author Topic: [16.07.12] Internet Censorship and Copyright Legislation  (Read 71626 times)

Offline KovuKovu

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Ronno: Oh yeah?
    • View Profile
Re: SOPA - make your voice be heard.
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 12:47:17 am »
I REALLY wanna kick SOPA's buttcheeks right about now. I can definitely live without FH but have a  hardtime with the forums being gone... But then the CHAT will be flooded. I think we should shut off the GAME ONLY. Chat is going to be very full but I agree with your decision about SOPA. Mind your beeswax SOPA!!

By: (The excellent artist) Twilight-Realm-Child (at deviantART.com)

Thierry

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 12:57:38 am »
I'm totally against SOPA and PIPA, is a way to control people and i don't trust in any government.

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 02:13:33 am »
The Internet can't be contained, it's beyond their control.

Why try to start the impossible or the "Near impossible"? I mean, sure I can survive weeks if I wanted to without the internet, but really. Youtube? Facebook? Most sites link to either one of those. If those are gone, how else people will contact with one another...other than mailing letters, but mail people aren't going to be pleased with all that paperwork.

Don't you know you can't keep a good guy down? *facepaw*

Ayyy~

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 02:30:17 am »
Hmm, Reddit users have been discussing the construction of a darknet, in case laws such as SOPA have their way. But once the government starts restricting access to certain websites, or taking them down altogether, it will be difficult to make an impact, to reverse the law, without those social media websites to easily contact and organize our efforts. This is why it's best to protest before things get out of hand.

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 02:32:36 am »
I REALLY wanna kick SOPA's buttcheeks right about now. I can definitely live without FH but have a  hardtime with the forums being gone... But then the CHAT will be flooded. I think we should shut off the GAME ONLY. Chat is going to be very full but I agree with your decision about SOPA. Mind your beeswax SOPA!!

They could "blackout" the forum, leaving only a message similar to this http://protestsopa.org/ so that users will not be completely confused.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: SOPA
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 09:01:17 pm »
I wonder if these threads on the forum is the cause of the major chaos that went on in general the few minutes I were there. I find this slightly amusing cause this has been a discussion since around November, and now people almost start to "panic" about the whole thing.

There's even those jumping onto the subject barely knowing what this law means and what could happen, yet they sit and  preach about it in general chat xD

Interesting how it works.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 09:07:45 pm »
Welcome to General chat. xD

JazzForLife

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 09:17:30 pm »
Apparently SOPA was shelved, meaning they aren't on it any longer. But PIPA, the Senate's version of SOPA which is basically the same thing, is still in action. Read this for more info:link.

It's so stupid. The piracy sites will just jump adresses every once in a while and keep their business running. Meanwhile the law-abiding sites will hurt because of the piracy sites that aren't even being stopped. It's infuriating.

Edit: Urg, let me fix that link.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:24:02 pm by Jazzz »

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 09:18:16 pm »
I wonder if these threads on the forum is the cause of the major chaos that went on in general the few minutes I were there. I find this slightly amusing cause this has been a discussion since around November, and now people almost start to "panic" about the whole thing.

There's even those jumping onto the subject barely knowing what this law means and what could happen, yet they sit and  preach about it in general chat xD

Interesting how it works.

And I wasn't there to see it! D:

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 09:24:39 pm »
Apparently SOPA was shelved, meaning they aren't on it any longer. But PIPA, the Senate's version of SOPA which is basically the same thing, is still in action. Read this for more info:

It's true that SOPA has been "shelved", and considering this PIPA will most likely follow suit, but don't believe for a second that they will drop the issue altogether. Governments are sneaky - they'll just find another way to mess things up.