Author Topic: Is this overkill?  (Read 3815 times)

Offline masterchief1337

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Is this overkill?
« on: October 12, 2012, 03:28:14 am »
I just downloaded this game, and by the looks of it (as well as the cmd box that opened when starting up) it seems as though my computer may be a bit of overkill for this type of gaming...

Here is my junk-box's specs:

AMD Octa-core Hyperthreaded 4.8 GHz (overclocked)
64 Gb DDR3 Ram
Dual Video cards (nVidea GeForce GTX 570 and the AMD FirePro)
3  38" Asus 0-lag gaming monitors
Dell XPS Pro Computer case

So, I'm guessing I dont need to enable more than one of the 8 (technically 16) cores I have, and I could probably run this off my on-board video card... and take out all but one Ram stick.

If they need better modelers, they can hire some really cheap, but this game might be able to use a bit better graphics, without having to turn to high-polygon rendering... which, in that case, would make use of my computer more.

Sorry if I just said a bunch of things you don't know, you can just ignore me now.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Is this overkill?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 05:42:41 am »
Sending this thread to one of my friends, discussing it for a little - I take it .. You're right, lol.
I know very little about computers, only good enough to make them function, how to help people with certain things and what not. To be honest, I understood nothing of this - and I went one year IT at college.

Congratz on the great comp though. ;3 Even though it might be 'overkill' I think and hope you'll enjoy the game.
RETIRED.

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 05:47:31 am »
The game itself is non-profit, I don't think modelers would be "hired".
Anyways, your computer's good enough to run many instances of the game simultaneously with no issue. Two cores should do, and it's not very demanding on video, so your on-board hardware should do just fine. RAM usage for the game is about 200MB average also, so one of the sticks would do fine.

In other words.
Yes. This is overkill. xD

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 02:03:22 am »
What I'm having an issue with here is find what sort of Discussion this topic was made or aimed for.

Is it about what sort of performance you are to expect? Is it what sort of requirements the game has? Is it about your so called junkbox? Is it about you wanting the game to get updates to the models?

Feel free to enlighten me.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Murrphilia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • Murrocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 03:43:58 pm »
I agree with Red, lol - i'm a bit confused on what sort of Discussion this topic was made/aimed for as well.

Though I do believe it's overkill o3o. Congrats on the great computer - wish my computer was that good :D; though there again my computer isn't meant for gaming so it will never do just perfect with FH - but works enough for me to play the game and thats all I care about.

~Gircutie

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 03:55:07 pm »
This is an old thread. Try not to necro old threads.