Author Topic: Rant: Requests & Ungrateful People  (Read 11398 times)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Rant: Requests & Ungrateful People
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 04:58:08 am »
I have to agree with Raw.
If someone asks me to make a picture of their character, and if they ask another artist, I'm going to tell this artist this fact, if the requester didn't thank me, and didn't use it either.
I honestly love art, and am grateful for it. No matter what, I love it. I thank all artists, no matter what, who do art for me. They have a
unique way or drawing art, everyone does, like me, and all really. No one should be ungrateful.
Sure, it didn't come out as expected, but it can inspire you something a bit different for a change sometimes.
You should never be ungrateful for the thing you requested, honestly. It makes the artist feel bad, and think their art is bad, and they might even quit drawing as a wonderful artist.
I don't inspire that. I've been told no matter what, no matter how good other's art is, keep drawing, you will get better.
Honestly, those who are ungrateful for the stuff they got for free, and request someone else WITHOUT using it, is just rude. Honestly!
They should be told off. Suragaha, I have to agree. These ungrateful people... Puh.
Everyone's design is unique. If your ungrateful, try and make it yourself and get better and better every time! Just stop, really. You're lucky to get presets, maps and art sometimes for free when you request. All of these take time, don't you understand?
It's not a few seconds, it could be 12 hours to make one art request sometimes!
And err... Almost the entire day, as I said, 12 hours is almost the entire day....
So basically, the artist wasted their time just for your request, and you threw it away, ungrateful people out there.
Great job. *Sarcasm* I honestly hate greedy people, ya know.
End of rant~

Offline Huskystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Troll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2013, 06:50:05 pm »
Its understandable if you have kept someones art as your signature for a while, and you want a different request, like someone I know on the forums, she gets people to draw her fursona, but she thanks them and gives them credit, but this is disgraceful! Ugh, I don't make request shops cause I'm not skilled at anything like that, but I would 100% give NO ONE some of my failed art if they treated the previous drawers/maps/presets or such were treated like you described. I feel so sorry for you, I would absolutely hate if that happened to me.

But you have to believe that not all floofies are like these people, some are extremely grateful, and would never take a piece of artwork/preset/map for granted.

My New Horse, Cookie Dough <3.

Riding bareback is AWESOMESAUCE!

Whisper on my in-game as HuskyStar, or PM me if your confused

Wynterr X

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 07:58:45 pm »
Ermagersh, I totally agree.

I'm new, I've never done presets, but when it comes to art requests this has happened to me a lot. I can't stand when they ask me to draw something because they didn't like what some better artist drew them. it makes no sense! So I feel your pain... .u.

Offline Splatterz

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Lion King is my lurf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 05:43:21 pm »
It's the same thing with my art requests, people are so ungrateful. I remember a while ago I did an art request for some random girl. The first thing she did was point out what was wrong in it. For your preset requests, that's just downright mean. I can understand if they've had the preset for a while and just want a new better one, but just because they don't 'like' it or something wasn't the way they wanted in it? They need to smarten up and be more grateful. x-x

art by moi //