Author Topic: Random tid bit I've learned over the, about a year, I've been on FH  (Read 6745 times)

Offline Hunt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Live in the present, strive for the future.
    • View Profile
What I find rather amusing in feral heart, is just how many 13ish year olds there are. I myself and 13, verging on 14... so I mean no offence to anyone that is 13 or around there. However I've found it to be a rather rare thing to find someone much older then that, and was just curious what everyone thinks as a whole the reason might be for the younger age group to be drawn in like that.
<--The Hunt-->

Life is the great hunt. We are both hunted and
hunters, hunting and being hunted for love, life, and
happiness...

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Random tid bit I've learned over the, about a year, I've been on FH
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 03:32:28 am »
Hmm, well, it all depends. While I've seen a bunch of younger players on FH, I've met quite a few members that are in college and high school (myself included, since I'm 17. xD And I'm still fairly young compared to some~)

And so, the reason so many enjoy FH in the first place is because we all share a love of animals, and enjoy the added side that customizable characters give to roleplay, etc.
That said, some out there in ze world might say that loving animals, and make-believe characters and writing stories about them (especially Lion King-based stuff, even!) is childish, when really it's not. It's a creative outlet, and while it may be unorthodox to some, the whole gaming aspect that allows you to briefly escape the world and create your own (<3) just seems to appeal mostly to younger people.
I sometimes wonder why that is, myself, other than just the simple job/adult life stuff.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

BouncyLion101

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 04:20:49 am »
Hugh..that's strange, I usually see players even younger than that on Feral Heart, lol.

But I've also seen a bunch of 17 and 20+ year olds here too.
It mainly depends on what roleplays you like or the places you hang out at and stuff.

I myself have only seen around two 13 year olds in Feral Heart, so that's strange. o.o

Offline Sukani

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • The Blondie~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 10:52:46 am »
Well it's true that there are a bunch of 13 year olds, and I guess that is the age group FeralHeart mainly interests. But I have also seen plenty of younger and older players.

I think that the main reason for most people in the older ages to not play FeralHeart or in fact many games at all, could be because they are more busy in real with getting ready for exams, studying hard, college, work or whatever is happening with there lives.

But also the fact, that WhiteLightHeart mentioned, it may seem a tiny bit more childish to be an animal and run around pretending to act like one, for some people.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 01:40:31 pm »
Yes, there are a few a few 13 - 14 year old floofs hanging about. In fact, I think someone did a poll on here on what age range people were in, and it turn out most of the FH population is made up of teenagers and young adults. Which doesn't surprise me at all. The younger children may not be allowed to use things like FH at their age because their parents won't allow them, and the older generations have other priorities like careers and families. As a teenager you have less responsibilites than the adults and more independence than the young children, so no surprises there. But there does come a time of year, like now, when the 14 - 21 year olds, mostly students have exams for school, college or university. I expect we may be seeing them around less often until summer.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:42:03 pm by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 06:23:53 pm »
I have seen many teens, a few older people, and quite a few claiming to be like 8, wich I don't get b/c they was saying they was up at like 4 am, what 8 year old wants to be up that late?[no offence ment!]

_But anyway, yes there seem to mostly be teens on here, I think it may be b/c of what the game is.You get to have fun as a animal for free, but you have to have the time.Soadults don't have the time for that.

_That and teen girls gossip a lot about EVERYTHING [ again no offence, I am a teen girl myself, infact im 13 xD]

Offline Skrillexx

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • DANCE THE DANCE OF LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 09:04:17 pm »
The age doesn't really bother me, but what Moss said: 'That and teen girls gossip a lot about EVERYTHING'
Does bother me a lil' a bit aswell ^^' [No offense I'm a teen aswell.] But I don't see why people think its rare that 13 year olds are on this, this game is actually aiming for 13+ Not 17.

Awoken.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 09:28:51 pm »
Well, if I might add a little something, I think that people will gossip, no matter where you go. Be it online, in school, or even the workplace. There will be drama, if that's what you guys are getting at.
However, in my opinion, I don't even think the game is necessarily 'aimed' at a certain age group, in my opinion. Granted, I'm not Kov, so I don't know what exactly he intended. xD One thing we can say, though, is that FH is for people who share an interest in animals, roleplay, and the many people and experiences the game has to offer. Especially since people fom literally all over the world play FH, they can come from any walk of life, any home situation, and from any time zone (thus the reason some people always seem to be awake and online at some gosh-awful hour of night xD).

While the aspect of animals and roleplay might seem to be used for younger generations, I've met people as old as 24 and over, and they play just because they enjoy it. Naturally, they might have a few more obligations than the average school-age bro sitting at home, the shared interest in the game is still there~
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 05:52:52 pm »

_That and teen girls gossip a lot about EVERYTHING [ again no offence, I am a teen girl myself, infact im 13 xD]
Ok, what I put here wasn't the best wording...
Most teen girls I know do this so I reword it to
MOST teen Girls Gossip about EVERYTHING

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 06:07:26 pm »
I've seen a lot of 13 year olds and older. I'm not 13, however, or older. I'm a preteen, to tell the truth. And I've seen another person of my age act pretty mature, no offense.
It is rare to find some kids on here, though. I've seen a few younger people than me, I'm sure. Or at least one year older, and I've noticed people are most likely to be 10+ on here.
It is pretty amusing though. I get your point, truly. No offense to anyone, again.