Author Topic: Negative Floof-O-Meter?[ANSWERED]  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Negative Floof-O-Meter?[ANSWERED]
« on: April 12, 2013, 05:33:52 pm »
Ok so I was just strolling around seeing what questions I could answer when I see some account that have the Floof-O-meter like this:

Now this screenie isn't my Floof-O-Meter, it's someone else's I just happen to see. Is this just a wierd glitch or does this person really have -2 Floof-O-Meter o3o. And it happened before with other new accounts where it was either -3, or -1 on there. I'm sure it's just a glitch but feedback on what ya'll think.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:56:27 pm by LordSuragaha »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

ThrillexForLife

Re: Negative Floof-O-Meter?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 05:48:34 pm »
Oh my dear,Feareh. xD It's no glitch...It really happened. -Shows memories- Last year or couple of years back. (Yes I was there, then xD) Red put 'Nuzzle' or 'Muzzle" meaning..That we could Put Floofs for people or take our Floofs for people..Anyway..Nuzzle was a good thing, giving more people Floofs and love. <3 And ooh..Muzzle was a bad thing. How Thrillex? Well..If you were being disrespectful or doing something bad towards other..You'll a 'Muzzle"; a Floof taken off. Well that what really happened^^ xD Hope this helped. <33

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 06:06:33 pm »
I think you mean "bite" and yeah Feareh there used to be a bite option and as Thrillex said it would do the opposite of the nuzzle option. It would give you a 1- karma. It was removed for the more neutral floof o meter approach. Some people still have negatives from when we used to have that option.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 06:28:50 pm »
Hmm... I was always wondering about those negative floof numbers. Well it seems I got my answer now.
Sometimes I wish we still had that "muzzle" or "bite" option, because I see a few rude people on this forum who would deserve to be "muzzled" for the things they say.

You've been a bad dog! You have the right to remain silent, buddy  >:(
Inactive

SoulRevenge

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 02:28:45 am »
If I recall correctly, the 'bite/'muzzle' (I think it was just bite, though) option was taken off after a few suggestions from peculiar threads.

After having it around awhile, even though I was a person whom suggested the bite option should be rid of- I kind of think that having the bite option would be good, too.

However, I also kind of remember exactly how worried I got when someone bit me during that time. I suppose I thought those were like 'points' though or something, so perhaps it's best to keep it as it is? I'm somewhat sure that- even if some users deserve a 'bite'- no biting will make it newer members that don't know exactly what goes on in the forums not get a little worried when they are bit.

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 08:32:20 am »
I'm glad the bite option is no longer available.People used to bite randomly and whenever you would see your floof-o-meter,you would wonder what have you done wrong.

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 10:40:28 am »
Aye, I remember the 'Bite' option, and although it was before I ever spent much time on the forum, I still was kinda afraid of it. xD

I personally believe that having a positive-only Floof-O-Meter is best, though. This way you won't have people randomly launching bite-attacks on other users, and as Fantasyna said, you don't have to sit there worrying about something you might've done wrong, when really there was just some guy trolling.
It creates a more positive atmosphere, since people who don't say the nicest things simply don't get floofs. And conversely, as it's always been, people who say/do nice things get rewarded with floofs from the community.
Plus, I think it's a little ridiculous to still see some kids running around with -20 floofs leftover from the 'Bite' era. It happens, and it's a little sad. I'd rather see someone walking around in a neutral state on their Floof-O-Meter, rather than having them pre-judged in a negative way by everyone they meet, just because of their karma level.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: Negative Floof-O-Meter?[AWNSERED]
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 02:50:24 pm »
Oh thanks guys <3
I've been around the forums for a year now I think and I guess I've never seen that before BC
Is a good think that "bite" command is gone. I would think it would cause some problems.
Thank you
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358